Just joking

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Just joking

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Last edited by Imwashingmypirate on Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Just joking

Post by Jersey Girl »

I will avoid making specific comments related to the OP as per your request. Cryptic questions as follows:

While growing up...

Was there alcohol or substance abuse in this person's family?

Was blaming or scapegoating feature of this person's family?

Was this person the scapegoat?

Was domestic abuse or violence present in this person's family?

If those questions feel too personal, feel free to decline to answer them. If you do answer them I will tell you what I think I see going on if you want me to. If you mainly wanted to vent...I just want you to know you were heard. <3
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

If that's how he wants to play, always assume he's joking no matter what he says.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:45 pm
If that's how he wants to play, always assume he's joking no matter what he says.
Not helpful, Shades.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:31 am
I will avoid making specific comments related to the OP as per your request. Cryptic questions as follows:

While growing up...

If those questions feel too personal, feel free to decline to answer them. If you do answer them I will tell you what I think I see going on if you want me to. If you mainly wanted to vent...I just want you to know you were heard. <3
These are good questions, iwmp
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

When you feel like making a post like this and then change your mind (we've all been there), just delete your content and in it's place, ask others to remove their quotes. Most here will meet that request and those who don't will likely end up wishing they did. ;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:28 pm
These are good questions, iwmp
Thanks. I'm just trying to sort through what I think I'm seeing in the descriptions.

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:31 am

While growing up...

Yes, massively
Probably
Doubt it, maybe ignored and shut out
Not sure (his mum told me she is like that when I expressed his behaviour and said he gets it from her)
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Last edited by Imwashingmypirate on Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle