Is it okay to lie to your spouse?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.

Is it okay to lie to your spouse?

No
71%
Yes
29%

Total votes: 7

High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Re: Is it okay to lie to your spouse?

Post by High Spy »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:04 am
High Spy wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:57 am
(I couldn’t lie to my sweet wife, even if I wanted to.) :mrgreen:
Sounds like a line from a song.
Probably more PC than LipLock on my Love muscLe. :lol:
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

High Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:33 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:04 am

Sounds like a line from a song.
Probably more PC than LipLock on my Love muscLe. :lol:
Huh? Never heard of that song. Yikes.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

If you hide the carrot cake under the chicken and plain greek yogurt, is that a lie or simply good organizational skills?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:04 am
If you hide the carrot cake under the chicken and plain greek yogurt, is that a lie or simply good organizational skills?
:lol: :lol:
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:15 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:04 am
Hey I don't have many cheater foods. I gotta protect that stuff!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:41 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:15 am
Hey I don't have many cheater foods. I gotta protect that stuff!
True. My mum likes carrot cake. I'm not a cake fan. I like bombay bad boy pot noodles.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

I guess I’ll be the tie breaker. I don’t think you should lie to your spouse. Out of all the people on earth, you should be able to trust it should be your spouse and parents. And, I hope everyone has a loyal friend whom they can trust and who will tell them the truth no matter how hard it is to hear.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

msnobody wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:49 am
I guess I’ll be the tie breaker. I don’t think you should lie to your spouse. Out of all the people on earth, you should be able to trust it should be your spouse and parents. And, I hope everyone has a loyal friend whom they can trust and who will tell them the truth no matter how hard it is to hear.
<3
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

I think specific scenarios would be needed to fully nail down my answer but generally I think I'm firmly in the "no" camp.

The term lie in the question is pretty loaded. I'd say I generally assume that a lie comes with some malicious intent. Sure there are topics or things I might want to put off discussing for a more appropriate time or after I've had time to process. I might hold off voicing an opinion on something if it honestly doesn't matter to me and I feel my response might be deflating or negative. I might even err in relaying information... none of those rise to what I would classify as a lie.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:16 pm
I think specific scenarios would be needed to fully nail down my answer but generally I think I'm firmly in the "no" camp.

The term lie in the question is pretty loaded. I'd say I generally assume that a lie comes with some malicious intent. Sure there are topics or things I might want to put off discussing for a more appropriate time or after I've had time to process. I might hold off voicing an opinion on something if it honestly doesn't matter to me and I feel my response might be deflating or negative. I might even err in relaying information... none of those rise to what I would classify as a lie.
I think this is very well put. I would be inclined to agree with this.

My husband lied to me for 10 years. It still bothers me but what can I do? He doesn't care.