Is it okay to lie to your spouse?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.

Is it okay to lie to your spouse?

No
78%
Yes
22%

Total votes: 9

High Spy
Holy Ghost

Re: Is it okay to lie to your spouse?

Post by High Spy »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:04 am
High Spy wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:57 am
(I couldn’t lie to my sweet wife, even if I wanted to.) :mrgreen:
Sounds like a line from a song.
Probably more PC than LipLock on my Love muscLe. :lol:
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

High Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:33 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:04 am

Sounds like a line from a song.
Probably more PC than LipLock on my Love muscLe. :lol:
Huh? Never heard of that song. Yikes.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

If you hide the carrot cake under the chicken and plain greek yogurt, is that a lie or simply good organizational skills?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:04 am
If you hide the carrot cake under the chicken and plain greek yogurt, is that a lie or simply good organizational skills?
:lol: :lol:
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:15 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:04 am
Hey I don't have many cheater foods. I gotta protect that stuff!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:41 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:15 am
Hey I don't have many cheater foods. I gotta protect that stuff!
True. My mum likes carrot cake. I'm not a cake fan. I like bombay bad boy pot noodles.
msnobody
Savior (mortal ministry)

Post by msnobody »

I guess I’ll be the tie breaker. I don’t think you should lie to your spouse. Out of all the people on earth, you should be able to trust it should be your spouse and parents. And, I hope everyone has a loyal friend whom they can trust and who will tell them the truth no matter how hard it is to hear.
"Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy” Jude 1:24
“the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.” 1 John 1:7 ESV
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:49 am
I guess I’ll be the tie breaker. I don’t think you should lie to your spouse. Out of all the people on earth, you should be able to trust it should be your spouse and parents. And, I hope everyone has a loyal friend whom they can trust and who will tell them the truth no matter how hard it is to hear.
<3
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

I think specific scenarios would be needed to fully nail down my answer but generally I think I'm firmly in the "no" camp.

The term lie in the question is pretty loaded. I'd say I generally assume that a lie comes with some malicious intent. Sure there are topics or things I might want to put off discussing for a more appropriate time or after I've had time to process. I might hold off voicing an opinion on something if it honestly doesn't matter to me and I feel my response might be deflating or negative. I might even err in relaying information... none of those rise to what I would classify as a lie.
He/Him

"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation. -L.P. Jacks
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Xenophon wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:16 pm
I think specific scenarios would be needed to fully nail down my answer but generally I think I'm firmly in the "no" camp.

The term lie in the question is pretty loaded. I'd say I generally assume that a lie comes with some malicious intent. Sure there are topics or things I might want to put off discussing for a more appropriate time or after I've had time to process. I might hold off voicing an opinion on something if it honestly doesn't matter to me and I feel my response might be deflating or negative. I might even err in relaying information... none of those rise to what I would classify as a lie.
I think this is very well put. I would be inclined to agree with this.

My husband lied to me for 10 years. It still bothers me but what can I do? He doesn't care.