How normal is it to...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

How normal is it to...

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

... Watxh and listen to the exact same things over and over?

Currently listening to Charlie and the chocolate factory on audible for at least the 7th time this month. They listen to it every night and if it ends while they are still awake the restart it. Couldn't see how many times they've listened but they have listened to 23 h 47 m total since December and the majority of that is Charlie and the chocolate factory.

Same with TV. Phoebe watched power rangers over and over for at least a year. She still watches it but also watches my little pony too now. If she watches a movie. She will restart it as soon as it's finished.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: How normal is it to...

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:54 pm

Currently listening to Charlie and the chocolate factory on audible for at least the 7th time this month. They listen to it every night and if it ends while they are still awake the restart it. Couldn't see how many times they've listened but they have listened to 23 h 47 m total since December and the majority of that is Charlie and the chocolate factory.

Same with TV. Phoebe watched power rangers over and over for at least a year. She still watches it but also watches my little pony too now. If she watches a movie. She will restart it as soon as it's finished.
I'm not sure if it's "normal". What is normal? I listen to things that are somehow grounding or centering or peaceful or transformative or calming. I have no idea how many times I've listened to Anne of Green Gables on audio (Rachel McAdams). I put it on almost every day for a while since the first day I listened to it. It takes me away to another place.

I can put Winnie the Pooh on and it does the same thing to me. Also Milo and Otis.

Yes, I prefer listening to children's things. Some days I'd rather be in a child's head than my own. ;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:56 am
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:54 pm

I'm not sure if it's "normal". What is normal? I listen to things that are somehow grounding or centering or peaceful or transformative or calming. I have no idea how many times I've listened to Anne of Green Gables on audio (Rachel McAdams). I put it on almost every day for a while since the first day I listened to it. It takes me away to another place.

I can put Winnie the Pooh on and it does the same thing to me. Also Milo and Otis.

Yes, I prefer listening to children's things. Some days I'd rather be in a child's head than my own. ;)
Aww. [Hug]

Something about it relaxes then because they go to sleep. But they insist on the same book. Both of them. Maybe it's relaxing because they know what's going to happen. So they can half listen? Don't know. I find it difficult sometimes because my childhood was very different.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:32 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:56 am

Aww. [Hug]

Something about it relaxes then because they go to sleep. But they insist on the same book. Both of them. Maybe it's relaxing because they know what's going to happen. So they can half listen? Don't know. I find it difficult sometimes because my childhood was very different.
It might be that some videos and recordings just have a soft tone to them, too. I can binge the Potter films for the same reason. Also a movie called A River Runs Through It. When our children were small, Bambi was a sure way to make us all take a nap. When it started raining in the movie, we were falling asleep.

Drip, drip, drop little April Showers...did it every. single.time. ;)

----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-FUcrQhTBY
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!