Historical Predynastic Egypt vs. Book of Abraham False Narrative

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Re: Radio Free Mormon

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:24 pm
How does the Community of Christ deal with the racist parts of the Book of Abraham?

The Community of Christ does not have an awful track record regarding racism like the Utah Mormon church has and their racial prejudices were rather short lived like a bump in the road. The CofC refused to embrace the Book of Abraham as scripture as did the Utah church which canonized it in 1880. Why did the Reorganized church not follow suit? Well, it’s rather simple, it wasn’t their idea and they don’t follow or do what the Utah church says! In addition, the CofC was separated from that work and did not have any of the original documents to include the Kirtland Egyptian Papers because all of that was taken west and secured in the First Presidency’s office and later hidden in a vault. Brigham Young was not especially apt to canonize the work but John Taylor who was involved with publication in Nauvoo did so the moment he became Church President.

From the Terrestrial forum:

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 1:29 pm
This is how I have felt about arguments regarding the antiquity of the Book of Mormon. Given the fact that there is insufficient evidence to argue in favor of it in traditional historical terms, the apologetics in its favor are nuts. The reliance on the witnesses is even more humorous: “these guys with no expertise attest to these ancient plates!”

I see nothing wrong with calling the Book of Mormon scripture or believing that the witnesses believed they had some experience that one will accept on a spiritual basis. It is when these things are passed off as grounds for accepting ancient Hebrews in America as factual that I object.

I have similar sentiments regarding the Book of Abraham. Smith and his beloved associates had no real or proper understanding of the Egyptian antiquities. Everything coming from Smith was a kind of guesswork grounded in a spiritual realm to suit religious ideas and meld them with the Bible. The hieroglyphic spells and vignettes of the mythical gods portrayed in the papyri were adopted and borrowed by Smith to reconstitute biblical stories, more especially the one when Noah began the world anew and his sons repopulated the planet and founded the nations. The stories presented by Smith are pseudepigraphal in nature and were created out of his own mind using biblical themes as a backdrop in which to frame his story.

Recall the Book of Moses takes us to the other side of the flood before the earth was flooded when God swore he would destroy all flesh from off the earth. All of mankind to include the entire family of Adam was destroyed except for the eight souls who were saved by God’s grace while floating about on the USS Ark Zoo and finally landed on top of mount Ararat. That is the most ridiculous story told in the Bible! Anyway, in the Book of Moses, Zion became the spiritual capital for true believers and an entire city was taken up to heaven with Enoch. All of this is entirely mythical in nature. It is not historical and never really happened!

We learn about the so-called people of Canaan (black people) who were despised by all people (presumable the white people of Shum) and how war and religion separated people into different classes. We are informed of the different lands and nations that were upon America prior to the Deluge:

Moses 7:9 wrote:And it came to pass that the Lord said unto me: Look; and I looked, and I beheld the land of Sharon, and the land of Enoch, and the land of Omner, and the land of Heni, and the land of Shem, and the land of Haner, and the land of Hanannihah, and all the inhabitants thereof;

But all this is the creative imagination coming from the mind of Joseph Smith. It is not historical and never really happened. They are concepts and ideas to promote religion and bring people together to follow a faith, under the direction of Joseph Smith who aspired to be the prophet of the world.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Historical Predynastic Egypt vs. Book of Abraham False Narrative

Post by Kishkumen »

The CoC also never canonized the Book of Abraham.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:34 pm
The CoC also never canonized the Book of Abraham.
They are missing out on some wonderful Sci-Fi speculation:

With the Grand Key, they merely have to set the chevron coordinates and travel by Star Gate to the designated planets once visited by the Reformed Egyptians.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

I've never seen that image before, or most of the planet names. Do you know the source of that meme, Moksha?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 3:16 pm
I've never seen that image before, or most of the planet names. Do you know the source of that meme, Moksha?

The caption at the bottom of the photo contains a URL -- that leads to the Joseph Smith Papers website. The names were pulled out of Joseph Smith’s magic hat and were readily available to his most trusted scribes and cohorts. This sacred document was kept safe under lock and key in President Joseph Smith’s office but after his death they were later taken west by those who assumed his most precious scribal possessions.

Page 24 Second part 5th Degree

Grammar & Alphabet of the Egyptian Language wrote:
Jah-oh-eh The earth under the governing powers of oliblish, Enish go on dosh, and Kai-e van rash, which are the grand key or in other words, the governing power, which governs the fifteen fixed stars (twelve besides hours day) that governs the earth, sun, & moon, (which have their power in one,) with the other twelve moving planets of this system. Oliblish=Enish go on dosh, and Kaie ven rash, are the three grand central powers that govern all the other creations, which have been sought out by the most aged of all the fathers, since the begining of the creation, by means of the urim and Thummim: The names of the other twelve of the fixed stars are: Kolob, Limdi, Zip, Vurel, Venisti, waine, Wagoh=ox=oan, oansli, Sheble Shineflis, flis, ots. The Egyptian names of the fifteen moving planets are: Oan isis, Flos-isis, flo’ese: Abbesele, Ele ash, Sabble, Slundlo, ear roam, Crash ma Kraw, obbles isim, Izinsbah. missel
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Shulem wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:14 pm
Alphus and Omegus wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 3:16 pm

The caption at the bottom of the photo contains a URL -- that leads to the Joseph Smith Papers website. The names were pulled out of Joseph Smith’s magic hat and were readily available to his most trusted scribes and cohorts. This sacred document was kept safe under lock and key in President Joseph Smith’s office but after his death they were later taken west by those who assumed his most precious scribal possessions.

Page 24 Second part 5th Degree

Jah-oh-eh The earth under the governing powers of oliblish, Enish go on dosh, and Kai-e van rash, which are the grand key or in other words, the governing power, which governs the fifteen fixed stars (twelve besides hours day) that governs the earth, sun, & moon, (which have their power in one,) with the other twelve moving planets of this system. Oliblish=Enish go on dosh, and Kaie ven rash, are the three grand central powers that govern all the other creations, which have been sought out by the most aged of all the fathers, since the begining of the creation, by means of the urim and Thummim: The names of the other twelve of the fixed stars are: Kolob, Limdi, Zip, Vurel, Venisti, waine, Wagoh=ox=oan, oansli, Sheble Shineflis, flis, ots. The Egyptian names of the fifteen moving planets are: Oan isis, Flos-isis, flo’ese: Abbesele, Ele ash, Sabble, Slundlo, ear roam, Crash ma Kraw, obbles isim, Izinsbah. missel
Wow, I have never read more than a few pages of the GAEL and did not know that was in there. It reads like Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky," but was actually intended to be a serious work.

The totally absurd astronomy of the Book of Abraham is another indicator that it's false as well. Presumably the creator of the universe could explain how things he created actually work.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:

Ear Roam
The planet Ear Roam would seem to be the perfect HQ for both Bose Audio and Dolby Sound Laboratories.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Moksha wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 12:35 am
Shulem wrote:
The planet Ear Roam would seem to be the perfect HQ for both Bose Audio and Dolby Sound Laboratories.
"Slundlo" sounds like a toilet cleaner. "Crash ma Kraw" sounds like an old phone prank name like "I.P. Freely." They all seem like madeup English words or vaguely Hebrew ones.

I hope someone will publish a new Facsimile No. 4 with this important astronomical information in the next edition of the scriptures.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Let me just say that I know beyond any doubt that the Book of Abraham is a hoax perpetrated by Joseph Smith who was the ringleader and translator of all things Mormon. The buck stops with the prophet and he is ultimately responsible for all of it including the working papers (GAEL) in which he owned, supervised, and locked up in the President’s office.

I implore everyone to examine the facts and come to a full realization that the work is a fraud and to reject the Book of Abraham as historical. That includes you, John Gee; but it’s looking like you’ll have to wait until you retire from BYU because you are trapped within a Book of Abraham Nightmare.
TwoCumorahFraud
Star A

Re: Radio Free Mormon

Post by TwoCumorahFraud »

Shulem wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:06 pm
Moksha wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:24 pm
How does the Community of Christ deal with the racist parts of the Book of Abraham?
The Community of Christ does not have an awful track record regarding racism like the Utah Mormon church has and their racial prejudices were rather short lived like a bump in the road. The CofC refused to embrace the Book of Abraham as scripture as did the Utah church which canonized it in 1880. Why did the Reorganized church not follow suit? Well, it’s rather simple, it wasn’t their idea and they don’t follow or do what the Utah church says! In addition, the CofC was separated from that work and did not have any of the original documents to include the Kirtland Egyptian Papers because all of that was taken west and secured in the First Presidency’s office and later hidden in a vault. Brigham Young was not especially apt to canonize the work but John Taylor who was involved with publication in Nauvoo did so the moment he became Church President.

The RLDS Church (CofC) lost the Hill Cumorah, which is why The Two Cumorah theory was created then plagiarized by FARMS, which is why most of you are here jumping on DCP and his clown world. LOL!

This despite Oliver Cowdery’s letters available to the RLDS Church.
The RLDS Church reorganized everything, including Book of Mormon geography, due to lack of Prophetic leadership.

Forgive me for digressing…but couldn’t even keep track of The Hill Cumorah..…holy moly…