Paul Osborne is Wonderful!

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

Paul, that's a pretty hefty piece of writing, but I'm not sure I get the same meaning from it that you do.

But it does make you think. The purpose of that spoof is to get us thinking about what is and what could never have been.

You're ok in my book, Ray.

Paul O
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Paul, I assume it is Reformed Egyptian, but what does your avatar signify and what is that little yellow egg over his head all about? Is it symbolic of Kolob?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

moksha wrote:Paul, I assume it is Reformed Egyptian, but what does your avatar signify and what is that little yellow egg over his head all about? Is it symbolic of Kolob?

I thought it was Humpty Dumpty about to drop on Buzzardbeak. Goes to show what I know!
_CaliforniaKid
_Emeritus

Post by _CaliforniaKid »

Paul Osborne wrote:Critics of the Church use dishonest tactics to represent Mormonism. They lie and distort things (and don't tell the whole story) in order to push their agenda against the Church. All antiMormons are liars to some degree.

Paul O

Have I ever done that?
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

Paul Osborne wrote:
If this wasn't the celestial forum I would say something pretty crass.

You’re deceived by the cunning of Satan and his wicked presentations of the restored gospel. Satan made early Christianity look even worse! In fact, they killed the Messiah and tortured his apostles.

Critics of the Church use dishonest tactics to represent Mormonism. They lie and distort things (and don't tell the whole story) in order to push their agenda against the Church. All antiMormons are liars to some degree.

Paul O

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH, then why is it that every "anti-mormon" I've seen uses Mormon sources to cite their arguments in many places? the ONLY way they could be liars, is if their information is a lie.
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

Ok, guys - maybe I'm being too harsh. I've been to some anti sites and they really are pretty bad in the way they present things. Actually, I think some of FARMS presentations seem less than honest too because they slant things without presenting all the facts.

Sigh.

No problems with you Celestial Kingdom.

Paul O
_Yoda

Post by _Yoda »

Paul Osborne wrote:Ok, guys - maybe I'm being too harsh. I've been to some anti sites and they really are pretty bad in the way they present things. Actually, I think some of FARMS presentations seem less than honest too because they slant things without presenting all the facts.

Sigh.

Paul O

Glad to see you back, Paul O. I've missed you! ;)
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

Paul Osborne wrote:Ok, guys - maybe I'm being too harsh. I've been to some anti sites and they really are pretty bad in the way they present things. Actually, I think some of FARMS presentations seem less than honest too because they slant things without presenting all the facts.

Sigh.

Paul O

Yeah, i tend to see much more questionable answers comming from the apologetics than I've seen ever come from "anti's".
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_Paul Osborne

Post by _Paul Osborne »

liz3564 wrote:

Sigh.

Paul O

I've been quite tired lately and not been doing much of anything on the Internet. Will be having surgery on Monday so that will make me even more tired, I guess.

It can be tiring denfending my religion all the time for many years on end. Honestly though, I went to the temple last Saturday and Church on Sunday - it really was quite refreshing. I'm going back to the temple this Saturday. The temple refreshes the soul like nothing else I've ever experienced.

Have a great weekenend!

Paul O
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

Paul Osborne wrote:
liz3564 wrote:

Sigh.

Paul O

I've been quite tired lately and not been doing much of anything on the Internet. Will be having surgery on Monday so that will make me even more tired, I guess.

It can be tiring denfending my religion all the time for many years on end. Honestly though, I went to the temple last Saturday and Church on Sunday - it really was quite refreshing. I'm going back to the temple this Saturday. The temple refreshes the soul like nothing else I've ever experienced.

Have a great weekenend!

Paul O

I enjoy the atmosphere of the temple. With life so hectic, it's very difficult to find a place as quiet as the temple. I look forward to sitting in the chapel in prayer and study while hubby takes a session.