What's the Composition of the Board??

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.

How do you define yourself in relation to the LDS Church?

Total votes: 0

_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: question re: "Investigator"

Post by _Dr. Shades »

msnobody wrote:In Mormondom, does "investigator" mean someone who is considering that the church is true by carefully examining only church produced literature, taking missionary discussions.... or does "investigator" mean someone who carefully examines all things about the church whether in favor of or critical of the church?

Either.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Re: question re: "Investigator"

Post by _The Nehor »

msnobody wrote:In Mormondom, does "investigator" mean someone who is considering that the church is true by carefully examining only church produced literature, taking missionary discussions.... or does "investigator" mean someone who carefully examines all things about the church whether in favor of or critical of the church?

Normally the term investigator is applied to anyone who is taking or has taken the Missionary Discussions and is considering membership no matter what they choose to study.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo