A frank discussion on Homosexuality.

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_keene
_Emeritus

A frank discussion on Homosexuality.

Post by _keene »

God is love.

Two people in love have sex.

How is this a sin? How is it bad? I just don't get it. Enlighten me, and let the discussion begin.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Re: A frank discussion on Homosexuality.

Post by _Runtu »

keene wrote:God is love.

How is this a sin? How is it bad? I just don't get it. Enlighten me, and let the discussion begin.

The most often response is "Because God said so." In second place is "because it goes against the plan of salvation."

Here's a clip of a Christian "gay converter" explaining why being gay is "so out this season" (warning: possibly offensive content):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teVqE5xx8aQ
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Runtu wrote:

The most often response is "Because God said so." In second place is "because it goes against the plan of salvation."

Here's a clip of a Christian "gay converter" explaining why being gay is "so out this season" (warning: possibly offensive content):

"Because God Said So."
To Who? And would said person have any possible motivation to lie about this?

"It goes against the plan of salvation."
Isn't salvation supposed to be entering into love? Seems avoiding love would go against that.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

keene wrote:
Runtu wrote:

"Because God Said So."

Isn't salvation supposed to be entering into love? Seems avoiding love would go against that.

But it's a nicht nicht! Seriously, it doesn't have to make sense, does it? :-)
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Runtu wrote:
keene wrote:
Runtu wrote:

"Because God Said So."

But it's a nicht nicht! Seriously, it doesn't have to make sense, does it? :-)

Well, I would certainly hope God isn't retarded. Who knows, though.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

keene wrote:Well, I would certainly hope God isn't retarded. Who knows, though.

Sometimes I wonder. I mean, very little of it makes sense, anyway. As you said, love is supposed to be the great commandment, unless of course it's expressed in the wrong way.
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

"Because God Said So."

From the Christian perspective, God has never authorized or modeled same-sex couples for marriage. The command is that a man and a woman leave their parents and cleave unto each other.

There are several places in the Bible where homosexuality is condemned, but the true condemnation comes from the even more numerous injunctions against fornication and adultery. Homosexual relations in all cases are either a form of fornication or (more rarely) adultery; either of which is sin.
_asbestosman
_Emeritus

Post by _asbestosman »

A man loves pork.

He eats bacon.

How is this a sin? How is it bad? Why would God have ever forbidden it?

I don't know, but apparently that's the way it was. If you don't believe God commanded it, then that's your privilege. I'm not one to wish that the legal system be bogged down by such rules. I won't even bother the people who disagree. Just don't expect me to think God must not have ever made such rules.
That's General Leo. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
eritis sicut dii
I support NCMO
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

There is no GOD okay so no rules....Okay
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

There is no GOD okay so no rules....Okay

That's one way to look at it, but it's not okay....

And if ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery. And if these things are not there is no God. And if there is no God we are not, neither the earth; for there could have been no creation of things, neither to act nor to be acted upon; wherefore, all things must have vanished away. 2 Nephi 2:13