Our part in the feast

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Gazelam, a question for you:

Do you know any parents with a lot of children? If so, do those parents have one of those children whom they call or consider to be "chosen?"

How do you feel about parents blatantly singling out one of their children like that? Is it good or healthy to do such a thing?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_OUT OF MY MISERY
_Emeritus

Post by _OUT OF MY MISERY »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Gaz,

This place is for discussing the facts of Mormonism, not the fairy tales.

To Gaz there is no difference,,,at least as far as his posts go.....
When I wake up I will be hungry....but this feels so good right now aaahhhhhh........
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

MormonMendacity wrote:

Let's analyze Gaz.

PP, why do you think that he accepts ancient writings without questioning them?

VR, do you think Gaz enjoys believing in this concept of choseness because he feels elated (i.e. ego-pumped) by knowing he is one of "them"?

TD, do you think that being one of the chosen justifies these chosen people in their disregard of others?

RM, what is blinding Gaz so that he can't see that there are no chosen people?

I'm interested in why it is so easy for people accept these mythologies without question and why.

I think he feels "set apart" from the world. Those infected with the Mormon mind virus feel they are the elite, set apart as the future gods that will rule their own planet.

Mormonism is a perpetual ego trip.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_Gazelam
_Emeritus

Post by _Gazelam »

Q: How many of you have a Patriarchal blessing? What tribe are you from?

Gaz
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. - Plato
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

MormonMendacity wrote:

Let's analyze Gaz.

VR, do you think Gaz enjoys believing in this concept of choseness because he feels elated (i.e. ego-pumped) by knowing he is one of "them"?

TD, do you think that being one of the chosen justifies these chosen people in their disregard of others?

I'm interested in why it is so easy for people accept these mythologies without question and why.
Well, Gaz admits in another thread to his lack of post high school education. That could be part of it.. He believes it cuz someone he perceived as being smarter than him told him so...
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Gazelam wrote:Q: How many of you have a Patriarchal blessing? What tribe are you from?

Gaz
Start a new thread on Palm reading please.
_Roger Morrison
_Emeritus

Post by _Roger Morrison »

MormonMendacity wrote:

Let's analyze Gaz.

RM: Actually i wonder how much different Gaz is to some of us--at one time? Didn't WE live THE gospel as well as him? I expect so... contribute, sactifice, partake, attend, recite, pay, serve, support, respond for "pay-back" in various forms? Is Gaz such an enigma because we see ourselves in him and wonder, "why did i, how could i >>>>????"

Of course we might not have been as 'persistant' ;-) as Bro Gaz...probably didn't have 'Forums' to exchange ideas on way-back-then. After all Gaz is ONLY 35 ;-) AND, he is reaching out...AND he is receiving from da best minds in da world, correction--Universe...sooo he's in da process...

Stay with us Bro... Warm regards, to all, Roger
_Roger Morrison
_Emeritus

Post by _Roger Morrison »

Hey Gaz, set aside da "Patriarchal Blessing" question for a mo.. Maybe start another thread... You started this one with a veerryyy long post. And, i'm not finished yet ;-)... From yer post:
"The covenant people, Israel, were the specially invited guests. They had been bidden long enough aforetime, and by their own profession as the Lord's own had agreed to be partakers of the feast. When all was ready, on the appointed day, they were severally summoned by the Messenger who had been sent by the Father; he was even then in their midst. But the cares of riches, the allurement of material things, and the pleasures of social and domestic life had engrossed them; and they prayed to be excused or irreverently declared they could not or would not come.

"then the gladsome invitation was to be carried to the gentiles, who were looked upon as spiritually poor, maimed, halt, and blind. And later, even the pagans beyond the walls, strangers in the gates of the Holy city, would be bidden to the supper. These, suprised at the unexpected summons, would hesitate, until by gentle urging and effective assurance that they were really included among the bidden guests, they would feel themselves constrained or compelled to come. The possibility of some of the discourteous ones arriveing later, after they had attended to their more absorbing affairs, is indicated in the Lord's closing words: 'For I say unto you, That none of those men which were bidden shall taste of my supper' " (
Jesus the Christ Talmage, p.452.)

That the Lords great feast is intended for the members of the Church is without question. But many lose their seat because they are caught up in the things of the world. Thus those who are the masters servants are sent to find others.

Questions: did THE invitation go out with strings attached? Were there rituals to perform? Pass words, or secret signs required before entering, and sitting down? Could it be that the "Covenant People" had attended so many such "Feasts" that they were simply tired of indulging the "Feast Giver"? Of course there can be no definitive answer to # 2. However # 1, is clearly the invitation to the 'outsiders' was non-conditional!!

As were Jesus' instructions, "...TO ALL THE WORLD..."!!! Paul talks of "the body of Christ" as believers, "of one blood"! This does not suggest in reality the "body" as a glob, nor is that "body" descibed in physical detail. Rather it is a Spiritual gathering to satisfy the Spiritual needs that the Old Testament, under the old-law--eye-for-eye-vengence--did not address.

Certainly the need of admin structure goes without saying...'the letter'. However the "Spirit" is THE purpose and is manifest, according to "scripture" where "...two, or more gather in my name/purpose..." to "feed, heal, clothe, help, nurture each other, as do non-believers, and such. BUT of you my friends, YOU are to go to each and ALL in a new way
making peace where there is war, showing love where there is hate, demonstrating generousity where there is greed, offering joy to the sad..."

With all due respect for Talmage, and appreciating his book "Jesus The Christ", of necessity it is imperitive that believers, LDS and nonLDS, extend their 'belief' beyond "belief-in-Christ" to "BELIEF IN THE COMPASSIONATE TEACHINGS of Jesus"! And apply them MEANINGFULLY to establish "Peace and Goodwill" through Christ like means...

2,000 years and still arguing which church is true/chosen? Consider this: Something can be 'true' and 'wrong' at the same time... Put your class time to Jesus' work... Send 60,000 young people out with tools and first-aid kits to represent Jesus, not Mormonism... Blah-Blah-Blah---- Warm regards, Roger
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

Roger Morrison wrote:
MormonMendacity wrote:

Let's analyze Gaz.

RM: Actually i wonder how much different Gaz is to some of us--at one time? Didn't WE live THE gospel as well as him? I expect so... contribute, sactifice, partake, attend, recite, pay, serve, support, respond for "pay-back" in various forms? Is Gaz such an enigma because we see ourselves in him and wonder, "why did i, how could i >>>>????"

Of course we might not have been as 'persistant' ;-) as Bro Gaz...probably didn't have 'Forums' to exchange ideas on way-back-then. After all Gaz is ONLY 35 ;-) AND, he is reaching out...AND he is receiving from da best minds in da world, correction--Universe...sooo he's in da process...

Stay with us Bro... Warm regards, to all, Roger

He's just like I was in my Mormon prime. Well, he's probably not as good-looking as I am. ;-)
_truth dancer
_Emeritus

Post by _truth dancer »

Hi Gaz....

I'm sorry if I have come across too strong and judgmental. I openly admit this idea of elitism was one of the most difficult issues for me... one in which I NEVER felt was even remotely correct so I have strong feelings about it. (And yes I prayed and fasted and went to the temple to pray about it).

My patriarchal blessings states the tribe I am from. A psychic I visited once told me I was "THE" head priestess of Atlantica. An intuitive I met once told me I was very attached to the fairy world. The point is, anyone can say anything they want about the mysteries of which we do not know (past lives, premortal life, after life, etc), and no one can prove them wrong. Ya know?

MM... I think the elitist idea harms those who are not in the club BUT it is also harmful to those IN the club. It is the foundation AND result of pride and arrogance.

I like my golf club analogy... those clubs that wouldn't allow blacks to play hurt those that couldn't play but think of the very sick mindset of those who did play. The exclusivity truly perverts the mind in all ways. And, it justifies all sorts of nonsense, harmful behavior, cruel ideas.

I just cannot fit into my brain or heart the idea that a divine being would hold to such an archaic, primitive idea. Of course this idea of a chosen son flourished five thousand years ago in the minds of tribal semetic nomads. Funny how those very people came up with the God's chosen people idea! :-)

~dancer~