Memorial Thread for Kathy Worthington

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Polygamy Porter
_Emeritus

Memorial Thread for Kathy Worthington

Post by _Polygamy Porter »

Kathy Worthington did much in her life, most notably and applicable to this forum was her help in establishing guidelines to officially resigning from LDS Inc.

Hinckley knew it was a lie and continued to perpetuate it all for his gain.

http://mormonnomore.com

Her passing was announced on RfM.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Re: Kathy Worthington did more for people than Hinckley

Post by _Mercury »

Polygamy Porter wrote:Kathy Worthington did much in her life, most notably and applicable to this forum was her help in establishing guidelines to officially resigning from LDS Inc.

Hinckley knew it was a lie and continued to perpetuate it all for his gain.

http://mormonnomore.com

Her passing was announced on RfM.

She made clear the plan of salvation from a destructive and manipulative cult.

Hinckley on the other hand mistakes LDS doctrine for couplets in a very bad attempt to play misdirection.
And crawling on the planet's face
Some insects called the human race
Lost in time
And lost in space...and meaning
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

I have no problem telling people to resign from a CHurch they don;t believe in. I do have a problem with someone lying about it in order to get someone to resign as all antiMormons such as Kate have done.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

bcspace wrote:I have no problem telling people to resign from a CHurch they don;t believe in. I do have a problem with someone lying about it in order to get someone to resign as all antiMormons such as Kate have done.

In what way were Kathy's clear and concise instructions (which you apparently agree with) lying? I'm genuinely mystified.
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

I have no problem telling people to resign from a CHurch they don;t believe in. I do have a problem with someone lying about it in order to get someone to resign as all antiMormons such as Kate have done.

In what way were Kathy's clear and concise instructions (which you apparently agree with) lying? I'm genuinely mystified.

I am mystified that you would make such an assumption when I gave no such details.
_Runtu
_Emeritus

Post by _Runtu »

bcspace wrote:

I am mystified that you would make such an assumption when I gave no such details.

Then what are you talking about?
Runtu's Rincón

If you just talk, I find that your mouth comes out with stuff. -- Karl Pilkington
_bcspace
_Emeritus

Post by _bcspace »

Then what are you talking about?

If you look at the sites she links to and recommends you see that she has thrown her lot in with the antiMormons who lie and sensationalize by definition. Therefore, she's made such her own.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

[MODERATOR POST:

Polygamy Porter, do you intend this thread to be a positive memorial for Kathy Worthington and her work, or do you intend it to be an open discussion of her methodology and/or tactics?

If the former, then I'll have to split up this thread. If the latter, I'll have to move the whole thing to the Terrestrial Forum.]
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

I wish to honor her. She put forth information on how to do something that is otherwise very difficult to get a good answer on. All hail the honour of the dead and the strength they used to plough the road for us all.
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_gramps
_Emeritus

Post by _gramps »

May she rest in peace!

I used her site and was glad it was there when I finally wanted to use it.