Where have all the scholars on MAD gone???

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Mary
_Emeritus

Where have all the scholars on MAD gone???

Post by _Mary »

Okay, I may be on my own here, but I miss the posts of some of the more knowledgable and high profile posters like
Daniel C P, Bill Hamblin, David B, and yes Juliann, (who also has her own areas of expertise) amongst others.

Where have they gone. The board isn't the same without them......

Mary
_gramps
_Emeritus

Re: Where have all the scholars on MAD gone???

Post by _gramps »

Miss Taken wrote:Okay, I may be on my own here, but I miss the posts of some of the more knowledgable and high profile posters like
Daniel C P, Bill Hamblin, David B, and yes Juliann, (who also has her own areas of expertise) amongst others.

Mary

I think you are being too kind with listing Juliann together with the others. What kind of study has she done?
I detest my loose style and my libertine sentiments. I thank God, who has removed from my eyes the veil...
Adrian Beverland
_Mister Scratch
_Emeritus

Re: Where have all the scholars on MAD gone???

Post by _Mister Scratch »

Miss Taken wrote:Okay, I may be on my own here, but I miss the posts of some of the more knowledgable and high profile posters like

Mary

---DCP is on hiatus. Our criticism of him eventually got to be more than he could bear, and so he announced that he would be taking a "leave of absence."
---Perhaps for similar reasons, Bill Hamblin has been a virtual non-presence on the fittingly named MADboard. I have seen him write only one post since the board made the change from FAIR to MAD. And that post was essentially a smooch-fest for a new book by DCP.
---David B. has been around. He was posting on this board using the nom de g. "Enuma Elish" for a while.
---juliann is not a scholar. She is a wannabe.

The other scholars, such as Kevin Graham, Paul O., Uncle Dale, Dan Vogel, and Brent Metcalfe have all migrated over here. MDB has become the "place to be."

I noticed that you forgot to mention William Schryver. As to where he is: who knows? He is rather like Carmen Sandiego, I guess.....
_Mary
_Emeritus

Post by _Mary »

Hi Mr Scratch.

Yes, I noted a comment from Charity over there that suggested that many had been put off.

Maybe they just get sick of harping over the same subjects again and again and again.

I don't know!!

AArgh. I never put Will Schryver down as a scholar though, he/she always seemed too emotional?
_Mary
_Emeritus

Post by _Mary »

No offence to Will though, but is he a real person?
I could never make head nor tail of it.

Dan C is Dan C, Juliann R is Juliann R, Bill is Bill, but I have no idea who Will Schryver is? (very confusing with all the Provis, etc stuff)

Edited to add that I just checked your most excellent blog, and am now aware that I am not the only one confused about who or what
Will Schryver is.

Will the real Will Schryver pleaaaaaaaaaaaase stand up!!!

(very confusing)
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Yes, Will Schryver is a real person. I've met him.

Why all the mystery surrounding him?
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Mary
_Emeritus

Post by _Mary »

Hello, Who Knows.

Can you elaborate. What are his areas of expertise?
_Mary
_Emeritus

Post by _Mary »

Okay, I just did some googling on him and found that he is a resident of Utah.

Thanks. (He is a real person)

Mary
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Miss Taken wrote:Hello, Who Knows.

Can you elaborate. What are his areas of expertise?

I don't know much about him. I think he does some movie/documentary type stuff - editing maybe. Not really sure. I don't think he has an 'area of expertise' related to apologetics. I think he just got really interested in all the Book of Abraham/KEP stuff. After all the hype died down, he vanished.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_Mary
_Emeritus

Post by _Mary »

Thanks. I didn't ever look on Will as a high profile poster which is why I didn't include him in my original list.