Evidence from Biblical scholars indicate Abraham is fiction

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

nomi wrote:you are missing the point china, I think that its cool that people want to know the truth but sometimes people go to extreme lenghts in persuing the truth. Like I said, I read the evidence and its really crap. So Sorry again if I touched your nerves. Its really, I mean really crap. There are findings by you Americans that have helped me in my career, for instance when it comes to medicines you guys are good, and like you said you have resources that help you improve the general level of your findings for truth but what I read about Abraham, really its just crap. You should learn that not everyone takes the evidence that people present here, and that people do have their own agendas. So, some of the truths that I have found in this forum are shocking, and not true at all, and some of the things I have found have helped me in my life, like in a BIG way. So it's not as much about you as a nation, if you get me, the thing is that I do think that Abraham existed unless someone has proof that is not as bad as I read, then maybe I will be convinced and one thing that I have leraned in life ic "Don't believe everything you read, you will be shocked how much of it is the real thruth" One clever America dude said that to me, while I was still in University.

You attended a university? For how long? And you never once ran across the concept that the Old Testament is myth? That Moses, Abraham, Adam, Isaac, etc were never real people? Or if they were real people, they weren't anything at all like they are portrayed in the Bible? And they call that education?

Good grief.
_nomi
_Emeritus

Post by _nomi »

harmony wrote:
nomi wrote:you are missing the point china, I think that its cool that people want to know the truth but sometimes people go to extreme lenghts in persuing the truth. Like I said, I read the evidence and its really crap. So Sorry again if I touched your nerves. Its really, I mean really crap. There are findings by you Americans that have helped me in my career, for instance when it comes to medicines you guys are good, and like you said you have resources that help you improve the general level of your findings for truth but what I read about Abraham, really its just crap. You should learn that not everyone takes the evidence that people present here, and that people do have their own agendas. So, some of the truths that I have found in this forum are shocking, and not true at all, and some of the things I have found have helped me in my life, like in a BIG way. So it's not as much about you as a nation, if you get me, the thing is that I do think that Abraham existed unless someone has proof that is not as bad as I read, then maybe I will be convinced and one thing that I have leraned in life ic "Don't believe everything you read, you will be shocked how much of it is the real thruth" One clever America dude said that to me, while I was still in University.

You attended a university? For how long? And you never once ran across the concept that the Old Testament is myth? That Moses, Abraham, Adam, Isaac, etc were never real people? Or if they were real people, they weren't anything at all like they are portrayed in the Bible? And they call that education?

First thing first, never said I never came across the concept that the Old Testament is a myth. So, what now, does that mean theOld Testament is really a myth. All that I said is that iread the evidence and it was really crap_So sue me if I believe that Abraham does exist.So maybe You must come up with proof that Abraham did not exist, and not as crapy as that one that I read. About my education or yaers in University_don't even go there dude,, I'm gonna STOMP YOU HARD CHINA.

Good grief.
the coolest chick on the planet
_Pokatator
_Emeritus

Post by _Pokatator »

Dear Nomi

I will really try to be gentle here.

In the Gordon B. Hinckley's anti-Christian remark thread, on Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:16 am

nomi wrote:
I think that some of you are really getting what Gordon b Hinckley.............. the prophecy has been fulfilled I guess.

I replied:
And what palnet are you from? (just kidding)

Later, in the Testimony about Christ thread, on Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:03 am

Who Knows replied to you
What's your point with these threads? Is it the first sunday of the month?

Oh, and what's a 'palnet'?

So the point is, after being called out on this twice, WHAT IS A PALNET?

Do you know how to edit a tagline?

What was the name of that University?
_nomi
_Emeritus

Post by _nomi »

No I don't ....won't you be a sweetheart and tell me how to edit one. Whatever dude, here I was thinking that you have something interesting to say,but like usual I was wrong. Are you so desperate for debate that you start one about my tagline. Get a life dude, oh I forgot you don't have one BRAINY!!!. Gee..I'm such a lady. Have a nice day lovely gentleman. Till next time, I will try to fix my tagline. Chow for now.
_nomi
_Emeritus

Post by _nomi »

Are you Happy now? CAUTION _don't you ever diss me about my education_its not gonna be pretty. I'm one lady that doesn't take crap from anyone, so you watch your tone and who you are talking too, cause I will bring it hard.
_Pokatator
_Emeritus

Post by _Pokatator »

diss diss

Now you've proved you can learn.

Next question, who is China?
_Fortigurn
_Emeritus

Post by _Fortigurn »

Pokatator wrote:diss diss

Now you've proved you can learn.

Next question, who is China?

Unless I'm very mistaken, nomi is using the term 'china' as it is used in Cockney rhyming slang:

* The film The Limey (1999) features Terrence Stamp as Wilson, a Cockney man recently released from prison who spices his conversations with rhyming slang:

Wilson: Can't be too careful nowadays, y'know? Lot of "tea leaves" about, know what I mean?
Warehouse Foreman: Excuse me?
Wilson: "Tea leaves"... "thieves."

Wilson: Eddy... yeah, he's me new "china."
Elaine: What?
Wilson: "China plate"... "mate."

Wilson: I'm gonna 'ave a "butcher's" round the house.
Ed Roel: Who you gonna butcher?
Wilson: "Butcher's hook"... "look."
Lazy research debunked: bcspace x 4 | maklelan x 3 | Coggins7 x 5 (by Mr. Coffee x5) | grampa75 x 1 | whyme x 2 | rcrocket x 2 | Kerry Shirts x 1 | Enuma Elish x 1|
_Pokatator
_Emeritus

Post by _Pokatator »

Thanks Fortigurn

I guess I proved I can learn, too.
_Quantumwave
_Emeritus

Post by _Quantumwave »

Nomi,

When I wrote...
What a profound argument! The evidence is wrong because it is garbage and crap. WOW!!! I would never have thought of that! My feelings are really, really devastated. You need to make sure all the world's Biblical apologists are aware of this argument, so they can inform all critical doubters of the truth, and they will have no choice but to become believers.

Your argument will make all apologists proud!
...I used sarcasm in an attempt to motivate you to provide some substance to your argument. Instead of shrugging my arguments off as "garbage" and "crap", it would be interesting to know your actual reasoning. Why do you believe Abraham actually lived?

If you base your belief on faith and "revelation from God" as many do, I can accept that, but for me, this argument fails the test of reasonableness. It is the "God can do anything" argument, which I can use to prove two plus two equals five.
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. –Blaise Pascal
Without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, it takes religion. -Stephen Weinberg
_harmony
_Emeritus

Post by _harmony »

. About my education or yaers in University_don't even go there dude,, I'm gonna STOMP YOU HARD CHINA.

I rest my case. Whatever you paid for your education, it was a waste of money.

1. I am not a 'dude'. I am female.

2. It's impossible to stomp someone one a message board. We're all virtual here, in case you haven't noticed.

3. Years is spelled ea, not ae.

4. I will go wherever I choose to go, and if questioning your education is where I wish to go, you can't stop me (or anyone else, for that matter).

5. This is the Celestial forum. Either read the rules and be prepared to follow them, or find another forum more to your tone.