Hello and "good to see ya" to Uncle Dale

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Hello and "good to see ya" to Uncle Dale

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

Good to see you posting again Uncle Dale! I hope you are feeling better!

I really appreciate your posting in the Spalding thread (although my handful of brain cells are still trying to piece together the whole argument for both sides...it's quite a complex thing and I'm still reading up on the arguments). Hope you continue to feel good enough to continue your study into what interests you!
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Fortigurn
_Emeritus

Post by _Fortigurn »

Well said Bond. Welcome back Dale, I hope you had a good break. I've missed your comments, and I've been reading your site to compensate for your absence.
Lazy research debunked: bcspace x 4 | maklelan x 3 | Coggins7 x 5 (by Mr. Coffee x5) | grampa75 x 1 | whyme x 2 | rcrocket x 2 | Kerry Shirts x 1 | Enuma Elish x 1|
_Mary
_Emeritus

Post by _Mary »

Welcome back D'unk!
I 'always' read your posts with great interest and have greatly enjoyed (and learned from)
the Spalding thread. The debate has been extremely worthwhile and enlightening in my view.

Mary
_Uncle Dale
_Emeritus

Post by _Uncle Dale »

Miss Taken wrote:Welcome back D'unk!
I 'always' read your posts with great interest and have greatly enjoyed (and learned from)
the Spalding thread. The debate has been extremely worthwhile and enlightening in my view.

Mary

Will try say more later on -- typing at keyboard is like wading in neck deep mud for me.
_Mephitus
_Emeritus

Post by _Mephitus »

maybe one of these will help! http://www.virtual-laser-keyboard.com/ I know a new tech toy always makes me feel better!
One nice thing is, ze game of love is never called on account of darkness - Pepe Le Pew
_Uncle Dale
_Emeritus

Post by _Uncle Dale »

Sono_hito wrote:maybe one of these will help! http://www.virtual-laser-keyboard.com/ I know a new tech toy always makes me feel better!

Nifty device -- but my doc tells me that "progressive pseudo-dementia" is not much
helped by anything, except perhaps long periods of sleep.

When he said "pseudo" I thought all I needed was a shrink or medication, but the
term is a technical one and does not correspond to anything logical in treatment
or helpful devices, etc.

Just tell me how to regenerate broken neural pathways in the brain, and I can
keyboard messages for days on end. Until then, there are weeks when I can
barely brush my teeth, let alone operate a computer.

Cheers,
UD
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Uncle Dale wrote:Until then, there are weeks when I can

Cheers,
UD

Whether you can respond or not Uncle Dale, just know we love you and appreciate all the contributions you have ever made. It is a sad thing you are going through but we wish you the best and our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Uncle Dale
_Emeritus

Post by _Uncle Dale »

moksha wrote:
Uncle Dale wrote:Until then, there are weeks when I can

Cheers,
UD

Whether you can respond or not Uncle Dale, just know we love you and appreciate all the contributions you have ever made. It is a sad thing you are going through but we wish you the best and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thanks for the kind words --- We all have our problems. And as many of us approach our seventies
and beyond, the life-hindering problems generally increase. I guess that is just to keep us from wanting
to hang around this terrestial sphere, after our "time is served."

Mormonism is a fascinating topic --- not so much so, for one's being part of the flock, as it is fascinating to
observe from the sidelines (and to try comprehend). There are other, more established and developed
religious movements, such as Catholicism and Judaism --- but Mormonism has the "cuteness" of still being a
bit wet behind the ears and not quite fully grown into its britches. Its apologetics are still rough-hewn and
easily critiqued.

All of that said and taken into consideration, I still find it intriguing to speculate what went on behind the closed
doors of the earliest, topmost leaders --- Rigdon mostly, but Cowdery, the Pratts, Phelps and Hyde as well.

Mormonism without the Spalding-Rigdon conspiracy theory would be like a "day without sunshine."

yer Unk
_Merry
_Emeritus

Post by _Merry »

Especially since it opens the door for consideration of a "core Nephite text".

Glad to see you, and things are going well in my new location.
_Uncle Dale
_Emeritus

Post by _Uncle Dale »

Merry wrote:Especially since it opens the door for consideration of a "core Nephite text".

Glad to see you, and things are going well in my new location.

Hope Wisconsin is working out for you --- my brother will be relocating there next year as well.

I keep plugging away with the historical research, but right now that mostly amounts to just
cleaning up my computer den and putting my filing cabinets in order.

Perhaps I'll have something "new" to share with others later this year -- I'm looking into some "leads."

UD