Anti-gays MISREAD Bible...

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

richardMdBorn wrote:
GIMR wrote:If you are a live and let live kind of person, then why focus on this issue and insist that those who do not agree with you don't know the Bible? I'm sorry if my willingness to value my neighbor and let God decide their fates makes me ignorant.
Roger started this thread. I'm responding to him just as I've responded to many other threads he has started which did not concern homosexuality. How does that make me focused on the issue. And where did I state ANYTHING about the fate of homosexuals? I asserted that the act is sinful.

Lets' review some of the threads Roger has started recently:

Fundamentalism... – I responded but the title doesn’t include homosexuality so I suppose I’m allowed to

More on Bible "inerrancy" - I responded but the title doesn’t include homosexuality so I suppose I’m allowed to

Literalism & Virgin birth... - I responded but the title doesn’t include homosexuality so I suppose I’m allowed to

More on Literalism, by Spong - I responded but the title doesn’t include homosexuality so I suppose I’m allowed to

Anti-gays MISREAD Bible... – I responded and according to GIMR that means I’m obsessed by the subject

Homosexuals Honour Spong... – haven’t responded yet. I should, since GIMR thinks I’m obsessed by the subject.

Prayer perspective... – haven’t responded

More on Virgin Birth – didn’t respond – Fortigun probably gave a better answer than I would have

The pattern is that I respond to his arguments against the evangelical position on the Bible, literalism, etc. That includes his argument against homosexuality.

Seriously, the whingeing here is pathetic.

If you want to reply to a subjct based on what you think I think, that shows that perhaps I've gotten under your skin. I hope that you're thinking about the uncomfortable sensation. Imagine how a gay person might feel when faced with you in all your scriptural glory.

We disagree on one issue. Does that mean you need to keep going on and on the way you have about your heart bleeding because I stated that I feel it's legalistic to condemn homosexuality based on the Bible? Are the above thread references an invitation to dance so that you can feel further victimized by little old me?
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Sam Harris
_Emeritus

Post by _Sam Harris »

richardMdBorn wrote:
GIMR wrote:Richard, it doesn't matter. What matters is whether or not you're willing to go to church one day but slander your neighbor the other six.

What would Jesus do?

Pastor said it very eloquently sunday, there are a whole bunch of people in church right now who are not saved, because they're still doing the same old hateful, sinful, evil things. That includes prejudice.
Does agreeing with the Old Testament and New Testament about the sinfulness homosexuality slander my neighbor? I think not.

Richard, a refresher for you. This is where you tripped. Since you haven't provided any evidence from the original languages that the Bible was written in that your stance was right, I personally haven't taken you seriously. Even Harmony tried to tell you what might work better in this situation, but you insisted on your judgement. When that was pointed out, all of a sudden you were the martyr.

Prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, using not just the English translation of the Bible from both the Old and New Testaments that homosexuality is both an issue and a sin. You should know this, you know the Bible better than everyone else here, by your own admission. No websites, I would expect someone like you to have a lexicon handy for such as this.
Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. -Ghandi
_Calculus Crusader
_Emeritus

Post by _Calculus Crusader »

Homosexual acts are proscribed by the Christian ethos; there is no disputing that.
Caeli enarrant gloriam Dei

(I lost access to my Milesius account, so I had to retrieve this one from the mothballs.)