eat your wheaties or A B C D

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_karl61
_Emeritus

eat your wheaties or A B C D

Post by _karl61 »

I've been trying to follow the Book of Abraham issue and this how I'm starting to see it and can someone tell me if I'm right:

say I find some papyrus and I see four different symbols: A B C D

and then I take A and write this means "eat your wheaties in the morning" and then I write B and say that it means "but never after nine" and then write C and say that it means "but if you need to after nine eat with a banana" and then write D and then say it means " and don't forget the milk"

I then die and we only have the wheaties revelation.

then in 2066 we find the papyrus and ABCD does not mean "eat your wheaties in the morning, but never after nine, but if you need to after nine eat with a banana, and don't forget the milk"

some at SO&SO university say that the wheaties revelation was given first, then who knows put the A B C D into the translation, it might have been thestyleguy and maybe not.

is this sort of right?
Last edited by Guest on Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

err, don't you mean Wheaties?
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

msnobody wrote:err, don't you mean Wheaties?

yep; I'll change it. thanks
_karl61
_Emeritus

Re: eat your wheaties or A B C D

Post by _karl61 »

thestyleguy wrote:I've been trying to follow the Book of Abraham issue and this how I'm starting to see it and can someone tell me if I'm right:

say I find some papyrus and I see four different symbols: A B C D

and then I take A and write this means "eat your wheaties in the morning" and then I write B and say that it means "but never after nine" and then write C and say that it means "but if you need to after nine eat with a banana" and then write D and then say it means " and don't forget the milk"

I then die and we only have the whittie revelation.

then in 2066 we find the papyrus and ABCD does not mean "eat your wheaties in the morning, but never after nine, but if you need to after nine eat with a banana, and don't forget the milk"

some at SO&SO university say that the whittie revelation was given first, then who knows put the A B C D into the translation, it might have been thestyleguy and maybe not.

is this sort of right?
_Who Knows
_Emeritus

Post by _Who Knows »

Yep, just like Celestial Kingdom said at KG's board.
WK: "Joseph Smith asserted that the Book of Mormon peoples were the original inhabitants of the americas"
Will Schryver: "No, he didn’t." 3/19/08
Still waiting for Will to back this up...
_karl61
_Emeritus

Post by _karl61 »

Who Knows wrote:Yep, just like Celestial Kingdom said at KG's board.

I like to get a couple estimates before going forward.