Beautiful temple links

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Paul Osborne

Beautiful temple links

Post by _Paul Osborne »

Here are a couple little videos of inside the temple. It's beautiful and should give anyone a good feeling. And, good feelings are the best thing about living. Feelings are everything. Have a great day, everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzDE-Tty6eo

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... plindex=13

Paul O
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Thanks, Paul. While I probably don't get the same good feelings from these videos as you do, I do find them interesting and appreciate the spirit of your post.
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Bond...James Bond
_Emeritus

Post by _Bond...James Bond »

A good example of how music effects us......you put a different song as the theme (such as Madhouse by Anthrax) and the video plays completely differently.
"Whatever appears to be against the Book of Mormon is going to be overturned at some time in the future. So we can be pretty open minded."-charity 3/7/07
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

Bond...James Bond wrote:

A good example of how music effects us......you put a different song as the theme (such as Madhouse by Anthrax) and the video plays completely differently.

Hahaha! I did some of these experiments for my film class last semester when we were talking about the way sound tracks generate meaning. Have you ever seen any "trailer recuts"? These are little homebrew jobs were someone recuts footage from an existing movie and with a few edits and a different sound track flips the genre completely. I had a bunch of links to examples in my class blog, but you could probably Google them: I remember Mary Poppins as a horror film "Scary Mary," and "The Shining" as a feel-good Nora Ephron-esque family romance, "Shining" (the latter is an especially good example of the difference swapping out music makes).
From the Ernest L. Wilkinson Diaries: "ELW dreams he's spattered w/ grease. Hundreds steal his greasy pants."
_Dakotah
_Emeritus

Post by _Dakotah »

Our internet connection is so slow that trying to view videos is useless. (1.0 to 2.3 kbps tonight)

Can someone who has viewed them tell me if they show the earth room in the SLC and Manti Temples where there are dinosaurs painted on the walls? If so, which species are shown?

Thanks,
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Dakotah, when I was a kid I enjoyed reading "The Shy Stegosaurus of Cricket Creek". Maybe the artist did as well.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Blixa
_Emeritus

Post by _Blixa »

moksha wrote:Dakotah, when I was a kid I enjoyed reading "The Shy Stegosaurus of Cricket Creek". Maybe the artist did as well.

OMG MOKSHA!!!! I read that too!!! I LOVED IT! So much so that I drew my own illustrations.

EDIT:

I just looked it up on Amazon---a new edition that reproduces the old one (same illustrations) came out in 2001. Sadly, the sequel, "The Shy Stegosaurus of Indian Springs" is still out of print with used copies about fifty bucks a pop.

Thanks for the lovely memories, Moksha