The Mormon Heaven vs. the Christian Heaven vs......

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Daheshist
_Emeritus

The Mormon Heaven vs. the Christian Heaven vs......

Post by _Daheshist »

The Christian Heaven:

An giant eternal heavenly choir with sexless genderless angels singing sons of praise to God and the Lamb for all eternity. The only other thing to do is to look between one's feet and see and hear the Damned screaming and crying in Hell-fire for all eternity. How nice...eh?

The Mormon Heaven:

The Celestial Kingdom: Mormon men becomes God with many goddess wives. They create worlds then people them with spirit-children. BY taught that a Mormon God must take one of his wives and go down to each planet and eat fruit, their resurrected bodies become mortal so they can produce physical bodies for their spirit-children. They must die and resurrect on each World. Mormons today don't believe that, but still believe that they will become Gods and Goddesses and "beget" for all eternity and create worlds for their spirit-children. Lots of begetting.

The Terrestrial Kingdom: Men and women still have gender but either cannot beget children, or cannot have sex altogether. They "serve" the Gods and Goddesses in some manner. Many Mormon men think the women in this kingdom will be their sexual playthings as well as their wives in the Celestial Kingdom.

The Telestial Kingdom: Same as the Terrestrial, but somehow "lower" but the Mormon church has never explained the difference. Lower servants than those in the Terrestrial, I guess.

The Muslim Heaven:

Alot like the Mormon heaven! Men recline on thrones and drink nector from crystal cups, and eat from trees with delicious fruit, and have sex with fair-skinned virgins and beautiful young boys called "Ghulams" (yes...they teach this!). Nothing about making children. Just alot of lounging arond in green carpets and thrones and drinking nector and having sex with Houris (fair-skinned virgins) and beautiful servant boys (Ghulams). Those who are martyrs (i.e. Ben Laden's bunch) will each have 72 virgins that they will de-flower every night, after they are finished with the Houris and Ghulams during the day (this sounds like hard work to me!) Muslim women will receive...."their husbands" as their eternal rewards (but will the husbands have "time" for them?).

The Buddhist Heaven:

There are many different heavenly planes of existence, some of them similar to what the Mormons and Muslims expect, but higher ones in which the inhabitants are in a high state of continual medication, and have no desires whatever but simply experience continual "bliss". Those at lower degrees will live very long lives, but will eventually come back to this planet. Only some, the "Non-returners" in the highest planes do not return but exist there eternally in blissful meditation where they have no desires and apparently no 'thoughts' as well.

The Theosophist Heaven:

It is called Devachan. It is basically...anything you can imagine with your mind, is created. Like the Holodeck on Star Trek, but without any limitations. Devachan is like a super-realistic dream that you can control with your mind.

The Spiritist Heaven:

Heaven of the Spiritists consist of the Spirit-World; where we go between incarnations. There are 7 levels; with the highest one being Paradise, and the lowest one being Hell. The levels in-between are generally good (heavens 7,6,5), or like Earth (4), or worse than earth (3,2,1). Descriptions of the Spirit-World by Spiritists generally show it to be alot like Earth; with cities, houses, etc. Children are there (who have died), but there is no begetting of children. There is no "sex" as we know it here, but people can fall in love with others. The Spirit-World is a LOT like Earth-life, but in the Spirit-World we don't die, but are eventually reincarnated. We can feel pain, hunger, thirst, desire for sex, and sadness in the Spirit-World; especially in the lower planes. What plane we go to depends on what "level" of spirituality we are when we die.

The Daheshist Heaven:

I can't say, since The Dahesh Society of America has concluded that I am not a Daheshist, then they must tell us in this thread what the Daheshist heaven is like. So, Daheshists of the Dahesh Society of America, plaese tell us in this thread what the Daheshist "heaven" is like..
.NOTE: I will NO LONGER reply to members of The Dahesh Society of America here on Mormon Discussions. If they wish to dialogue with me, or for me to comment on their posts, then I will do so only on Daheshville. But I am banned from Daheshville. I will not reply to any Daheshist here on Mormon Discussions.
_Seeker
_Emeritus

Re: The Mormon Heaven vs. the Christian Heaven vs......

Post by _Seeker »

Daheshist wrote:The Christian Heaven:

The Daheshist Heaven:

I can't say, since The Dahesh Society of America has concluded that I am not a Daheshist, then they must tell us in this thread what the Daheshist heaven is like. So, Daheshists of the Dahesh Society of America, plaese tell us in this thread what the Daheshist "heaven" is like..
.NOTE: I will NO LONGER reply to members of The Dahesh Society of America here on Mormon Discussions. If they wish to dialogue with me, or for me to comment on their posts, then I will do so only on Daheshville. But I am banned from Daheshville. I will not reply to any Daheshist here on Mormon Discussions.

How would they even know we're talking about them? Do they, like, have magical powers or something?

So, does that mean you'll shut down existing your web sites — or cease from creating new ones? If not, then you're contradicting yourself. I'm just askin'... Don't care either way. Actually, I take that back. The only think I do care about (and only be-cause I am a big fan of it) is "Logic"... I guess I am sort of neurotic that way... So, help me out here, does that mean that from this moment on, and because the DSA (oh, look, a new acronym!) deemed you a non-Daheshist, you're walking away from it?

What about your Avatar? Will you still operate under "Daheshist"?

But I am mostly intrigued by this comment of yours:

"But I am banned from Daheshville. I will not reply to any Daheshist here on Mormon Discussions."

You do realize that you're implying that Daheshville is the FINAL AUTHORITY on DAHESHISM, don't you?

Think about it... You're angry at Daheshville and you're punishing all Daheshists for it.

What does that tell you?

To me, that means you consider Daheshville to be representative of all Daheshists. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong!

Peace!
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

The Christian Heaven:

An giant eternal heavenly choir with sexless genderless angels singing sons of praise to God and the Lamb for all eternity. The only other thing to do is to look between one's feet and see and hear the Damned screaming and crying in Hell-fire for all eternity. How nice...eh?

In your description here, you have people in hell, but none in heaven.
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV
_Hoops
_Emeritus

Post by _Hoops »

msnobody wrote:
The Christian Heaven:

In your description here, you have people in hell, but none in heaven.

And your assertions about what little you do have about heaven are not biblically supported.
_zeezrom
_Emeritus

Post by _zeezrom »

A religion that puts a lot of emphasis on heaven and the details of it misses the joy of life on earth. We can worry about heaven all our lives but that won't change what heaven really is.
Oh for shame, how the mortals put the blame on us gods, for they say evils come from us, but it is they, rather, who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given... Zeus (1178 BC)

The Holy Sacrament.
_spiderboy
_Emeritus

Post by _spiderboy »

No idea where your depiction of Heaven formed by the Christian perspective has come from, certainly not from any scripture I have seen, and the concept of seeing others suffer is a contradicition of happiness in any form I can understand, an oxymoron. However the little of Heaven that is mentioned is that there shall be no marriage or wives. This appears obvious as the act of procreation is the natural desire for the continuation of the human race. Heaven lacks nothing, Eternity has no time/space continuum, desire and want do not exist.
it is also a spiritual abode, not flesh and blood.
_The Nehor
_Emeritus

Post by _The Nehor »

I think representatives of every religion's afterlife you portray would disrespectfully disagree with you.
"Surely he knows that DCP, The Nehor, Lamanite, and other key apologists..." -Scratch clarifying my status in apologetics
"I admit it; I'm a petty, petty man." -Some Schmo