Does Thomas S Monson tell lies...?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_ZelphtheGreat
_Emeritus

Re: Does Thomas S Monson tell lies...?

Post by _ZelphtheGreat »

He lives a lie, why wouldn't he tell them?
“If paying tithing means that you can’t pay for water or electricity, pay tithing. If paying tithing means that you can’t pay your rent, pay tithing. Even if paying tithing means that you don’t have enough money to feed your family, pay tithing." Ensign/2012/12
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Just a quick note.

I went to:

http://www.dtic.mil/dpmo/

and then to:

http://www.dtic.mil/dpmo/wwii/reports/nav_m_p.htm

Neither Arthur Patton nor Blake Lewis Pauley show up as MIA for WWII.

V/R
Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

Albion wrote:I don't know if the man lies or not but maintaining the myth that so many LDS people seem to believe, that he speaks with God as God's mouthpiece, is dishonest IMV.

You're right, he's almost as bad as that funny little dude in Rome who claims to be the vicar of christ.
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

The Erotic Apologist wrote:
Albion wrote:I don't know if the man lies or not but maintaining the myth that so many LDS people seem to believe, that he speaks with God as God's mouthpiece, is dishonest IMV.

You're right, he's almost as bad as that funny little dude in Rome who claims to be the vicar of christ.

Although, arguably, he seems to be starting to put his money where his mouth is....
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_The Erotic Apologist
_Emeritus

Post by _The Erotic Apologist »

Bazooka wrote:Although, arguably, he seems to be starting to put his money where his mouth is....

I have to agree. The Brethren in SLC could learn a lot from this guy.
Surprise, surprise, there is no divine mandate for the Church to discuss and portray its history accurately.
--Yahoo Bot

I pray thee, sir, forgive me for the mess. And whether I shot first, I'll not confess.
--Han Solo, from William Shakespeare's Star Wars
_palerobber
_Emeritus

Post by _palerobber »

for what it's worth, i consulted the 1940 census and there's an Arthur Patton in SLC, about 2 years older than Monson and living about a block away from him.

Monson, 311 W 500 S
George S Monson M 38
Gladus M Monson F 37
Gladys Monson F 16
Thomas Monson M 12
Robert Monson M 7

Patton, 200 W 533 S
Lewis O Patton M 57
Terese Patton F 45
Louis Patton M 17
Walter R Patton M 16
Arthur F Patton M 14