Lamanites called to Enoch Space City?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Moksha
God

Lamanites called to Enoch Space City?

Post by Moksha »

No genetic traces of Israelite genetics are found in Native Americans!!! This puts LDS apologetics into overdrive trying to come up with plausible-sounding excuses.

I have come up with a few excuses to help them out.

1. The Lamanites were all beamed up to the domed Space City of Enoch, to help test and thereby increase the faith of believing Latter-day Saints.

2. The genetic traces failed because of the divine curse that turned all Lamanite DNA from Jewish to Asiatic. This has the beauty of being a very Mormon answer without any hint of apologetic desperateness.

The third answer is of a more nuanced LDS variety.

3. "So were you expecting a different outcome from a fictionalized religious allegory? Oy vey, what a goy!"
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Lem
God

Re: Lamanites called to Enoch Space City?

Post by Lem »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:04 pm
No genetic traces of Israelite genetics are found in Native Americans!!! This puts LDS apologetics into overdrive trying to come up with plausible-sounding excuses.

I have come up with a few excuses to help them out.

1. The Lamanites were all beamed up to the domed Space City of Enoch, to help test and thereby increase the faith of believing Latter-day Saints.

2. The genetic traces failed because of the divine curse that turned all Lamanite DNA from Jewish to Asiatic. This has the beauty of being a very Mormon answer without any hint of apologetic desperateness.

The third answer is of a more nuanced LDS variety.

3. "So were you expecting a different outcome from a fictionalized religious allegory? Oy vey, what a goy!"
:lol: Didn’t Orson Scott Card write a script about something like this?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:

Indeed, the Latter-day Saints know full well that the Lord their God is ever hiding things from them and keeping them in suspense or, rather in the dark. As a Mormon, I found there was more darkness in understanding the religion than there ever was light. It's all about faith in things that make little or no sense or faith in things that seem so fantastic that it's simply illogical to proceed further in that faith -- but we do it anyway because it's commanded. If you don't have faith, you're damned. It's as simple as that. Faith is the first principle of the gospel and is required by all. But the faith they ask you to have and maintain is simply unreasonable by any standard of logic or common sense. Mormonism has been proven time and time again to be false.

For example: What's the king's name given in the characters above the head of Fig. 2? What is the royal name of the king written in that hieroglyphic writing of Facsimile No. 3?

Oh, excuse me, but's it has been proven that there is no king's name and Joseph Smith was just making it up because he knew the language was dead and nobody could read it anyway and verify his revelation one way or the other.

But now we know!

I bear testimony that the city of Enoch is nothing more than a fable. And so also is Enoch.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:

You think that's bad, the black jackal god Anubis depicted in Facsimile No. 3, has been ruled a slave and a black man through the revelation of Joseph Smith. His nose has been cruelly hacked off and the final image on the printing plate mutilates the true DNA and denies the person for being who he really is. What could be more cruel than to hack off a god's nose and call him a slave while he resides in the heavenly court of Osiris?

Mormons have a lot to answer for. It's very sad how they commit this wanton act and call it a revelation from God.
jlamothe
Star A

Post by jlamothe »

Moksha wrote:
I've actually proposed that one back in my TBM days.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

jlamothe wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:40 pm
Moksha wrote:
I've actually proposed that one back in my TBM days.
It could be a game-changer, at least at the FAIR 2022 Conference in Malad City, Idaho.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace