The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Moksha
God

Re: Apologists Peddling False Narratives

Post by Moksha »

Ed, I think it took some major fortitude on your part to write that essay. In the pro-Mormon camp, the apologists are the gunslingers and nobody wants to get shot down in the middle of the street. If you see somebody approaching you on Tapirback, then run or duck for cover.

I believe the Church could survive even if it started telling the truth and the members would be better off for it.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:02 pm
I believe the Church could survive even if it started telling the truth and the members would be better off for it.

Yes, the Church would survive. It could regroup and reevaluate all the truth claims and put things in perspective in how to have a Restoration of the Restoration. Here, they could even change the name.

The Reformed Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Perhaps Ed could be called to be an apostle of the newly organized and reformed Church headquartered out of Salt Lake City.

Elder Ed...

That has a nice ring to it.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Ed1 wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:27 pm
https://www.academia.edu/51021020/An_Es ... Narratives

Don't expect any response from me after what happened here last time. I will never be posting here in response to anything again. This is an informational message only about a new article.
Thank you

What happened "here" last time was in the Terrestrial Forum. That particular forum has different standards and rules of conduct than here in the Celestial Forum. You would be advised not to judge this entire board on the standards set for a single forum.

Thanks
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Prepping for the monthly Interpreter Board meeting narratives
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Danny worked hard for them donuts! They aren't going to eat themselves!
Shulem
God

Donuts!

Post by Shulem »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Wouldn't it be fun if members of the Interpreter Board came here to Discuss Mormonism and the finer parts of the Book of Abraham?

The opportunity is open and any of those guys or gals may come over here and discuss the Book of Abraham with me, and anyone else who wants to have an open and free discussion. And you never know, maybe Ed1 will come back and take part of that discussion.

Well, Daniel Peterson -- you should know you'll learn more about the Book of Abraham by discussing it with me than you ever will with John Gee. I know that sounds a bit proud and seeing I don't have certain credentials -- but I will say, I AM A MASTER of the Book of Abraham and KNOW things. That is my mission. I love to share what I know.

I was predestined from the beginning to come to earth and reveal the truth of the Book of Abraham. I have a direct channel and a conduit that leads into marvelous understanding.

Behold, come and let us reason together.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kyler came here, and you saw how fruitful that was.

They might as well be from the flat earth society. Flat earthers are never going to get any benefit from directly engaging with the rest of the world. They need to stay insulated in their own bubble to maintain belief in the impossible. Flat earth journals, flat earth home schooled children, flat earth churches and charities.

So it is with LDS apologists. If Joseph Smith claimed the earth was flat, Daniel Peterson would be writing reams of papers defending flat earth.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

drumdude wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:09 pm
So it is with LDS apologists. If Joseph Smith claimed the earth was flat, Daniel Peterson would be writing reams of papers defending flat earth.

Peterson would make every attempt to convince his readers that flat does not necessarily mean flat anymore than north means north or west means west. The apologists will play with the words and spin them about in multiple ways and even try to match them with foreign words to find how a meaning may be paralleled with something else. The apologists cannot seem to accept anything at face value. They will twist and turn to buy some kind of new excuse to keep something alive.

Truthfully said, the apologists would get the greatest challenge of their careers by coming here to this message board and having an open and free discussion about the Book of Abraham and any or all details pertaining to it. Of course, it’s no secret that the king’s name in Facsimile No. 3 is going to prove impossible for them to solve and I won’t give up until I pin them down and have them crying, “uncle”. They are not dealing with one-track minded Egyptologists who don’t know the details of Joseph Smith and the making of his religion like I do. They would find me far more formidable in these matters than Robert Ritner or any other credible Egyptologist because I know Church history and I have a sound and good understanding of Egyptology which is all one really needs to maintain an intelligent discussion with any Egyptologist.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

I would like to add that my interest in debating these things has diminished considerably over the years to the point that I no longer feel a need or desire to actually debate the Book of Abraham with anyone. I have found much satisfaction in writing some articles and pinning a few websites up but other than that, I’m satisfied. I really don’t need to go head-to-head with Peterson, Gee, or whoever. I don’t care anymore. I prefer to just stay out of it at this point. Why spend my energies talking to people who just want to remain in their fantasy? Ed1 included. He wants to remain in his fantasy and die in Mormonism no matter what because he’s committed to that testimony which he has allowed to trick him into thinking that Mormonism really is true. But it’s all a mind trick and Ed1 is just another victim. I so get that.

No, I don’t want to debate it. Please, Ed1, don’t come back.

With that said, however, I hope you appreciate my comments about your article or, that I took the time to comment about it.