Goodness in many revealed

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Amore
_Emeritus

Goodness in many revealed

Post by _Amore »

Each of us are children of God, no matter what religion, ethnicity, etc.

Today is the anniversary of 9-11 & in honor of many who showed goodness and even heroism, this is one example...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ywtWOE1vTtI

Please share any examples or stories of the goodness of people revealed... And let's enjoy some good news.
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Re: Goodness in many revealed

Post by _Quasimodo »

I've been inspired lately by how many States have recognized and made legal same sex marriages. It's wonderful that so many legislatures and courts have seen fit to grant equal rights to all.

Oh, wait. That might not have been the response you were hoping for (and no, I'm not gay).
Last edited by Guest on Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_just me
_Emeritus

Post by _just me »

Affordable healthcare for all Americans makes me happy! Better access to birth control for the women of our country makes glitter come out my ears.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

just me wrote:Affordable healthcare for all Americans makes me happy! Better access to birth control for the women of our country makes glitter come out my ears.

I wonder if Z could add ear glitter to your avatar. :biggrin:
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Quasimodo,
I think you posted in the wrong thread, but right for you. :wink:

Justme,
It's good at least you're happy...
"Whatever turns your crank."

Here's a clip about putting kindness above winning, in a basketball game.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hOqRBmYh-YQ
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Amore wrote:Quasimodo,
I think you posted in the wrong thread, but right for you. :wink:

No, I'm pretty sure I posted correctly. I'm old, but not that old, yet. I was just pointing out that you were trying to express good will to all except the people you are prejudiced against.

It's probably one of my faults, but I just can't warm up to people that are bigoted.

_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Q,
So... You're just bigoted to anyone who presents inconvenient truths.
Got it.

Back to the topic of this thread...

Simple acts of kindness...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu9UtVaWYaI
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

Amore wrote:Q,
So... You're just bigoted to anyone who presents inconvenient truths.
Got it.

Back to the topic of this thread...

Simple acts of kindness...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu9UtVaWYaI

Guilty! I have a prejudice against anyone who is bigoted. You don't present inconvenient truths. Just horse biscuits that you hope will pass for truths. Your total lack of verifiable documentation proves this.

The really annoying thing is that you try to present yourself as a gentle soul that is just looking out for the well being of us all. I would be happier with you if you just admitted your bigotry.

Oh, by the way, the other thing I have a prejudice against is hypocrisy.

_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

Amore wrote:Each of us are children of God, no matter what religion, ethnicity, etc.

CFR
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)
_Bazooka
_Emeritus

Post by _Bazooka »

Quasimodo wrote:I'm old, but not that old, yet.

CFR
That said, with the Book of Mormon, we are not dealing with a civilization with no written record. What we are dealing with is a written record with no civilization. (Runtu, Feb 2015)