Mormon as a "Devil Word"

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon as a "Devil Word"

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

LittleNipper wrote:Joseph Smith was involved with the Masons. They decorate their "temples " with pentagrams. They work hard to devalue Christianity...https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/sea ... ty_weather

It is obvious that Mormons are unknowingly (it is hoped ) involved in a cult They distort who GOD is, and they limit the atoning power of Jesus Christ...

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Over on the MD&D board, The Nehor and Calm have said this not using the words Mormon and LDS has been elevated to a commandment, rather than a hobbyhorse of President Nelson.

The Nehor further suggests that God wants to use neurolinguistic programming to further the understanding of these former Mormons.

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/71706-views-on-name-correction-vs-wrong-name-continuance/
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Update

The Church now prefers to be called Even the Church of Jesus Christ (ECJC - pronounced "Ekk JAK").

Members are to be called, Even Followers of Jesus Christ (EFJC - pronounced "EFF JAK").
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

Isn't it supposed to mean "more good" and that is why Nelson doesn't like it? He knows that is not what L-d$,inc is all about?
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

More Money. His family needed it when he composed it.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_SampsonAvard
_Emeritus

Post by _SampsonAvard »

I love that Nelson has satisfied his ego by pushing a policy he called for in the Hinkley era. This has been hurting the church's image, businesses and the Mormon Tabernacle choir. This will speed up the demise of the church.
_Hagoth
_Emeritus

Post by _Hagoth »

I attended a lecture by W. Paul Reeve, director of Mormon Studies at the U of U, shortly after the big announcement of the-word-that-shall-not-be-spoken. I felt so much sympathy for him trying to talk about Mormon Studies without using the evil word.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” - Mark Twain
_iwanttotalk
_Emeritus

Post by _iwanttotalk »

moksha wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:30 pm
Over on the MD&D board, The Nehor and Calm have said this not using the words Mormon and LDS has been elevated to a commandment, rather than a hobbyhorse of President Nelson.

The Nehor further suggests that God wants to use neurolinguistic programming to further the understanding of these former Mormons.

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/717 ... ntinuance/
Neurolonguistic programming....

Anyways. I believe the appropriate scripture is looking upon the staff and the snake, and the multitude who perished, not because it was hard but rather becuase it was too easy.