The Trinity Explained

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Re: The Trinity Explained

Post by _LittleNipper »

Maksutov wrote:Very nice of you to show up, Nipper. And with capitals and exclamation points too! But still factless. :lol:

Can we expect that all Christians agree on the Rapture and on the Assumption of Mary as well as on the Trinity? :cool:

The catching away is Biblical. The Assumption of Mary (for whatever reason) is a Roman Catholic TRADITION without any Biblical support. I have Biblical support for my beliefs. What support do you posses for yours?
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:Very nice of you to show up, Nipper. And with capitals and exclamation points too! But still factless. :lol:

Can we expect that all Christians agree on the Rapture and on the Assumption of Mary as well as on the Trinity? :cool:

The catching away is Biblical. The Assumption of Mary (for whatever reason) is a Roman Catholic TRADITION without any Biblical support.

But are we talking about post tribulation or pretribulation?

Are you saying Mary just died? There's no evidence of that. And it's a doctrine for the largest group of Christians in the world. Math is tough, I know. :geek:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:The catching away is Biblical. The Assumption of Mary (for whatever reason) is a Roman Catholic TRADITION without any Biblical support.

Are you saying Mary just died? There's no evidence of that.

Is there any evidence that Pilot died? Is there any evidence that Joseph (Mary's husband) died? The Bible says all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. And that the wages of sin is death. Now, what is the biblical probability? Yes. Mary died. Baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Holy, holy, holy --- Lord GOD Almighty. The past, present, and yet to come. Sounds pretty Trinitarian to me...
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:But are we talking about post tribulation or pretribulation?

Are you saying Mary just died? There's no evidence of that.

Is there any evidence that Pilot died? Is there any evidence that Joseph (Mary's husband) died? The Bible says all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. And that the wages of sin is death. Now, what is the biblical probability? Yes. Mary died. Baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Holy, holy, holy --- Lord GOD Almighty. The past, present, and yet to come. Sounds pretty Trinitarian to me...

So is anything that's incoherent considered trinitarian? That's cool. :lol:

"Biblical probability"....I want to hear more about that. Sounds sciencey. Did this come from the mail order 'university' you belong to?

Pssst. It's "Pilate".
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:[
The catching away is Biblical. The Assumption of Mary (for whatever reason) is a Roman Catholic TRADITION without any Biblical support.

Are you saying Mary just died? There's no evidence of that. And it's a doctrine for the largest group of Christians in the world. Math is tough, I know. :geek:

Every Protestant denomination and even some Roman Catholics believe Mary aged and died like everyone else did and still does. The Bible is superior to anything the pope thinks or says. I am a "pretribulation" believer; however, salvation isn't based on either view. I tend to hold to a pretribulation stance because Noah and his family were protected and were carried up and over the Flood (a type of tribulation) in the ark. I recommend you find and read Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkins. It is a very in depth illustrated view of the 2nd coming of Christ, etc...
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

LittleNipper wrote:Every Protestant denomination and even some Roman Catholics believe Mary aged and died like everyone else did and still does. The Bible is superior to anything the pope thinks or says. I am a "pretribulation" believer; however, salvation isn't based on either view. I tend to hold to a pretribulation stance because Noah and his family were protected and were carried up and over the Flood (a type of tribulation) in the ark. I recommend you find and read Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkins. It is a very in depth illustrated view of the 2nd coming of Christ, etc...

Are the illustrations as good as Jack Chick's?
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

Maksutov wrote:
LittleNipper wrote:Every Protestant denomination and even some Roman Catholics believe Mary aged and died like everyone else did and still does. The Bible is superior to anything the pope thinks or says. I am a "pretribulation" believer; however, salvation isn't based on either view. I tend to hold to a pretribulation stance because Noah and his family were protected and were carried up and over the Flood (a type of tribulation) in the ark. I recommend you find and read Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkins. It is a very in depth illustrated view of the 2nd coming of Christ, etc...

You tell me ---- http://ebook.preservedwords.com/charts/
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

LittleNipper wrote:
Maksutov wrote:

You tell me ---- http://ebook.preservedwords.com/charts/

Nope. :cool:
_Mittens
_Emeritus

Post by _Mittens »

God is three separate and distinct persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit ) Man is three separate and distinct parts ( body, soul and Spirit) This is the image which makes us like God 1X1X1= 1

Genesis 1:
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

1 Thessalonians 5:
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4: 12
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Doctrine and Covenants
Section 33
1 Behold, I say unto you, my servants Ezra and Northrop, open ye your ears and hearken to the voice of the Lord your God, whose word is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of the joints and marrow, soul and spirit; and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Mittens wrote:God is three separate and distinct persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit ) Man is three separate and distinct parts ( body, soul and Spirit) This is the image which makes us like God 1X1X1= 1

Genesis 1:
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

1 Thessalonians 5:
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4: 12
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Doctrine and Covenants
Section 33
1 Behold, I say unto you, my servants Ezra and Northrop, open ye your ears and hearken to the voice of the Lord your God, whose word is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of the joints and marrow, soul and spirit; and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Your Godhead is pretty much confusing to me. Not sure about the D & C quote, either. Are you LDS?

Lots of talk about how great and powerful God is. Well of course, that kind of goes with being God, right? But all sorts of people with their sockpuppet Gods have said all sorts of things, including within Christianity. It's what you would expect. You just can't be literal/fundamentalist in applying it.

How is the world improved by an understanding of the trinity compared to, say, our understanding of DNA? We have been able to make all kinds of improvements in the real world with that knowledge. The trinity's peak was probably during the late Middle Ages.