If you got Jesus wrong your missing the Gospel

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Mittens
_Emeritus

If you got Jesus wrong your missing the Gospel

Post by _Mittens »

The Bible and The Book of Mormon is clear Jesus before he came to earth was The great I AM the self-existing God without a Father or Mother and a creator since Jesus was the Supreme creator

Hebrews 7
For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Micah 5
2: But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity.

Mosiah 3:5 For behold, the time cometh, and is not far distant, that with power, the Lord Omnipotent who reigneth, who was, and is from all eternity to all eternity, shall come down from heaven among the children of men, and shall dwell in a tabernacle of clay, and shall go forth amongst men, working mighty miracles, such as healing the sick, raising the dead, causing the lame to walk, the blind to receive their sight, and the deaf to hear, and curing all manner of diseases.

Mosiah 15
3 The Father, because he was conceived by the power of God; and the Son, because of the flesh; thus becoming the Father and Son
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve
_Mittens
_Emeritus

Re: If you got Jesus wrong your missing the Gospel

Post by _Mittens »

God is three separate and distinct persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit ) Man is three separate and distinct parts ( body, soul and Spirit) This is the image which makes us like God 1X1X1= 1

Genesis 1:
26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

1 Thessalonians 5:
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4: 12
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Doctrine and Covenants
Section 33
1 Behold, I say unto you, my servants Ezra and Northrop, open ye your ears and hearken to the voice of the Lord your God, whose word is quick and powerful, sharper than a two-edged sword, to the dividing asunder of the joints and marrow, soul and spirit; and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justice = Getting what you deserve
Mercy = Not getting what you deserve
Grace = Getting what you can never deserve
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

If you use "your" when you should be using "your'e", you're missing grammar.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

you're
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Mittens, what is this gospel that people would be missing and why would they be missing it?
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

After realizing Mormonism isn’t what I thought, I came to realize new perspectives on Christianity. The Catholic theocracy seems to have corrupted Christ’s main message by turning him into human sacrifice scapegoat and heaven’s reward fallacy. They ignore the internal aspects (Luke -7:20-21) while dwelling on external (like seeing church leaders as god/infallible). Ironically, in this sense, religion can be evil and damning - holding people back from progressing.

As with pretty much everyone, I don’t agree with everything this guy says, but I like how he applies Christianity more personally - and suggests that most churches are like studying restaurant menus but never ordering/eating.

https://youtu.be/tOVLRyzIdv8
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Amore wrote: The Catholic theocracy seems to have corrupted Christ’s main message by turning him into human sacrifice scapegoat and heaven’s reward fallacy.

Pretty sure the main message was love. The rest is the stuff of powerful movie scenes and passion plays with no certainty as to the authenticity.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

I sincerely don't see the reason why the Bible makes any difference..... why THAT book, or ANY other book actually? Quoting the Bible means nothing. It's old, it's a lousy compilation, and it is seriously questionable on all sorts of things. In other words, give me valid reasons why I should care what the Bible presents. All I see is osme ancient guys point of view that got into print. So what? Why should I care what they thought or believed or said?
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

moksha wrote:
Amore wrote: The Catholic theocracy seems to have corrupted Christ’s main message by turning him into human sacrifice scapegoat and heaven’s reward fallacy.

Pretty sure the main message was love. The rest is the stuff of powerful movie scenes and passion plays with no certainty as to the authenticity.

Yes, Christ’s message is love. And Christ is essentially the archetype of all that is good. But the Catholic (“universal”) church corrupted his message with twisting his message, inquisition and crusades. Even though in most areas people are not tortured or killed for not believing Catholicism - there are still remnants (shunning, shaming etc) for not believing.
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Philo Sofee wrote:I sincerely don't see the reason why the Bible makes any difference..... why THAT book, or ANY other book actually? Quoting the Bible means nothing. It's old, it's a lousy compilation, and it is seriously questionable on all sorts of things. In other words, give me valid reasons why I should care what the Bible presents. All I see is osme ancient guys point of view that got into print. So what? Why should I care what they thought or believed or said?

Like it or not, much of humanity has been historically shaped by it. In some ways the Bible (as the best seller) is more durable than all other ancient artifacts.

If you take it metaphorically and not so much literally, there are some bits of wisdom...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qH7X7RGQWJY#action=share