Getting Adamites to the Old World

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Getting Adamites to the Old World

Post by _moksha »

Rethinking LDS Apologetics

One of the postulates of LDS apologetics is that Adam and Eve lived outside Independence, Missouri. When asked how they got to the Old World for their descendant's biblical adventures, apologists point to the time when there was the super-continent of Pangea.

One problem with that is this was before the age of mammals. How do we get around that? The answer is with attenuated LDS apologetics. Consider this: There were proto-mammals called the Synapsids. They weren't quite mammals, but they were getting there and after the great Permian extinction event, the small surviving ancestors took the great leap of faith and Darwinism enabling them to make it past the Age of the Dinosaurs and righteously enduring until they could begin the Dispensation of Mammals.

So how does this relate to attenuated LDS apologetics and getting the descendants of Adam and Eve to another continent? Easy, for Adam and Eve were both Synapsids.

And now you have evidence of the rest of the story.

Synapsid - both first Adamite and proto-tapir
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Re: Getting Adamites to the Old World

Post by _huckelberry »

moksha, your post has a charm to which I hope my flatfooted response will not detract from.

I sort of thought the usual Mormon theory was that they crossed the ocean in an arc built by Noah.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Huckleberry, the great thing about apologetics is that backup explanations are both helpful and appreciated, plus they tend to keep us from getting into that ad hominem quagmire found elsewhere on the internet.

The super-continent of Pangea does help to explain the Fertile Crescent being the area between the four great rivers of the Tigris, Euphrates, Missouri, and Mississippi.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

moksha wrote:Huckleberry, the great thing about apologetics is that backup explanations are both helpful and appreciated, plus they tend to keep us from getting into that ad hominem quagmire found elsewhere on the internet.

The super-continent of Pangea does help to explain the Fertile Crescent being the area between the four great rivers of the Tigris, Euphrates, Missouri, and Mississippi.

Missouri? well that certainly helps with that quirky geography of Eden.
_ed123
_Emeritus

Post by _ed123 »

Last edited by Guest on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I've seen Ed Goble's posts on the MD&D board. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

moksha wrote:I've seen Ed Goble's posts on the MD&D board. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.

He is. I like Ed.
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

That is a picture of a Curelom..., or maybe a Cumum. Can't remember which right now - but no matter because it really isn't pertinent to your salvation.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert