The Book of Mormon Paraphrased

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

The Book of Mormon Paraphrased

Post by _LittleNipper »

In doing this paraphrase, it must not be supposed that I believe the Book of Mormon to be anything but a fake with Bible excerpts plagiarized directly from the King James Version. What I'm trying to accomplish is to reveal the Book of Mormon as a very poor example of pseudo religious Romanticism that was popular in the 19th century and in reality a really poor example at that. Once all the thee's and thou's are removed and the real story line is revealed, I feel it will become more obvious. The plagiarized portions FROM the Bible, on the other hand, that are included to prop up this "epic", will indeed shine forth as GOD's Word --- unlike the rest of it. Interestingly, if the Book of Mormon is look upon as a comedy, it becomes rather funny. Unfortunately, there are actually people (very religious people) who believe this book to be better than the Holy Scriptures ---- and that is rather sad! And so it begins...

1st Book of Nephi Chapter 1

I'm Nephi, and since being lucky enough to have been born to admirable parents, I was taught a few things by my dad of what he knew. And since I observed much suffering throughout my life --- regardless, I was very blessed by the Lord throughout. Yes, since I had a lot of knowledge of both the goodness and mysteries of God, I wrote a journal regarding myself.

Yes, I wrote this journal in the language of my dad, which consists of Jewish teachings and Egyptian.

And I know that this journal is correct as I wrote it based on my own knowledge.

Now, it so happened in the first year at the start of king Zedekiah of Judah's reign (my dad, Lehi, having lived in Jerusalem his whole life), at this time arrived many prophets --- prophesying for the citizens to repent or the great city of Jerusalem would be destroyed.

As a result, my dad prayed to the Lord fervently for his people.

And as he prayed there appeared a pillar of fire upon a rock in front of him. And he saw and heard a lot. And this made he very fearful..

And finally he returned home in Jerusalem and threw himself upon his bed being overcome by the proceeding event.

And being so moved he was carried away spiritually in a vision, and saw the heavens open and imagined he saw God seated on HIS throne surrounded by an innumerable crowd of angels in the midst of singing and praising God.

And then it happened that he observed one coming down out of the middle of heaven. And he saw how this One's sparkle was brighter than the noonday sun.

And he saw twelve others coming, and their shine surpassed the stars in the sky.

And so they descended to earth and the first came before my dad and handed him a book and told him to read it.

And as he read he was filled with the Lord's Spirit.

So he read, "Attention Jerusalem! I've seen your wickedness! " And my dad read many other things about Jerusalem, regarding its destruction, and the death of many of its citizens by the sword. And many would be taken as captives to Babylon.

And this resulted in my dad exclaiming to the Lord such things as, "Your abilities are fantastic, Oh Lord God Almighty. Your throne is way up there in the heavens. Additionally Your power, goodness and mercy cover the inhabitants of earth. Plus since you are merciful, you will not allow those who come to You to perish."

And so this is how my dad spoke praising God being joyful and spiritually fulfilled because of what he observed and was shown.

And presently I, Nephi do not fully disclose everything my dad wrote, because he wrote a lot regarding his visions and dreams, and of what he prophesied and spoke to his children --- which I will not fully recount.

However, I will record what I did in my lifetime. But I will curtail my dad's records and summarize them upon plates which I created myself. Afterwards, I will record my life's story.

Therefore, I want you to know that after the Lord showed many wonderful things to my dad, Lehi, concerning the destruction of Jerusalem, he ventured out among the people, and started to prophecy and declare to them what he had seen and heard.

And the Jews made fun of him because of what he said. He told them how evil they were and what he both saw and heard, and also read --- demonstrated plainly in the coming of a Messiah, and additionally the redemption of the world.

And when the Jew heard this they got mad just as they did with former prophets of long ago, These they threw out, stoned, and murdered. Now they wanted him dead. And they could have killed him. But see, I, Nephi will reveal to you that the mercies of the Lord cover all whom He has selected, because of their faith, to make them strong, even to the ability to be released.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Re: The Book of Mormon Paraphrased

Post by _LittleNipper »

1st Book of Nephi Chapter 2

See, it so happened that the Lord spoke to my dad in a dream nevertheless, and said to him, "Blessed are you Lehi because of what you have accomplished and because you have been faithful declaring unto the nation the things I commanded you. Note that they seek to kill you.

And it so occurred that the Lord commanded my dad yet by a dream, that he should take his family and go into the wilderness.

And so it was that he obeyed the Lord and did what He said.

And it happened that he went into the wilderness. He left his house, family estate, gold /silver and valuable material possessions. He took nothing except his family and necessities.

And he traveled down the boarder near the shore of the Red Sea, traveling in the wilderness with his family consisting of my mom, Sariah, and my older brothers: Laman, Lemuel, and Sam.

And is happened that after three days of travel through the wilderness, he pitched his tent in a valley by a river.

And eventually he constructed a a stone alter and made an offering and gave thanks to the Lord our God.

And finally, he named the river Laman, and it emptied into the Red Sea --- the valley being at the border by the mouth of it.

And as my dad noticed that the waters emptied into the cascade of the Red Sea, he spoke to Laman and said, might you be like this river continually moving into the cascade of all righteousness !"

And he spoke to Lemuel, "Might you be like this valley --- solid, unwavering, and unyielding in keeping the Lord's commands.

This he said because of the stubbornness of Laman and Lamuel because they grumbled against their father being a dreamer, and having led them out of land of Jerusalem, leaving their land, gold, silver, and valuable material possessions --- so they could perish in the wilderness. This they blamed on his heart felt foolish imaginations.

So, Laman and Lamuel being the oldest grumbled about their father --- murmuring because they had no clue of the dealings of God who created them.

They additionally, didn't believe that Jerusalem (that grand city), could be destroyed according to the prophets. And they acted like the Jews at Jerusalem who sought to murder their father.

And so then my dad spoke to them while in the Valley of Lamuel --- filled with the Spirit until their bodies shook before him. And they were confused, so that they didn't speak against him --- doing what he told them to.

My dad lived in a tent.

And so it happened that I, Nephi being rather young, yet tall for my age, and desiring to know God's mysteries so I cried to the Lord. And He visited me, giving me a contrite heart that caused me to believe my dad. So, I didn't rebel against him.

I spoke to Sam, revealing the things which the Lord showed me through His Holy Spirit, and he believed me.

But Laman and Lamuel wouldn't listen to me. And being upset because they didn't listen to me I cried to the Lord on their behalf.

And so then the Lord spoke to me saying, "Blessed are you Nephi because of your faith, for you sought me earnestly in meekness.

As long as you keep My commandments you will prosper, and shall be led to a prosperous land that I have established for you. Yes, this land will be above all others.

And if your brothers rebel against you, they shall be separated from God's presence.

So long as you keep my commandments you will become a ruler and teacher over your brothers.

Note that when they ever rebel against Me, I will extremely curse them. Yet they shall have no control over your decedents unless they also rebel against Me.

And if they do rebel towards Me they shall be trouble for your descendants, --- being a reminder to them...
Last edited by Guest on Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

1st Book of Nephi Chapter 3

Finally I, Nephi, returned from talking with the Lord, to my dad's tent.

Then he spoke to me, and said, "Note, I dreamed that the Lord commanded me that you and your brothers shall return to Jerusalem.

This because Laban possesses the Jewish record and also a genealogy of my ancestry, and they are engraved on brass plates.

So the Lord commanded me that you and your brothers should go to Laban's house, and find the records, and bring them down here into the wilderness.

Presently, note your brothers grumble, saying it's a difficult demand I want from them; but realize it's not me but a commandment of the Lord.

So go, son, and you shall find the Lord's favor, because you didn't grumble."

So I, Nephi, said to my dad: I will go and do the Lord bidding, because I realize that the Lord makes no command to the children of men, unless He prepares a way so that they may accomplish that which He commands them.

So, when my father had heard these words he was very happy, for he knew that I had the Lord's blessing.

And I, Nephi, and my brothers traveled in the wilderness, with our tents, to head to the land of Jerusalem.

And when we had gone up to that land of Jerusalem, I and my brethren consulted together.

And we threw dice to see which of us should go to Laban's house. And it happened that the lot fell upon Laman; and Laman went in unto the house of Laban, and he talked with him as he sat in his house.

And he asked Laban for the records which were engraved upon brass plates, containing the ancestry of my dad.

Laban was angry, and threw him aside; and he didn't give him the records. Instead, he said to him, "Ah, you are but a robber, and I will kill thee."

But Laman fled, and told us the things which Laban had done. And we became exceedingly sorrowful, and my brothers were about to return unto my father in the wilderness.

However, I said to them, "As the Lord exists, and as we live, we will not return to our father in the wilderness until we have accomplished that which the Lord commanded us.

So, let us be faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord; therefore let us go down to the land of our father’s inheritance, because he left behind gold and silver, and all manner of riches. And all this he did because of the Lord's commandment.

He knew that Jerusalem must be destroyed, because of the wickedness of the people.

For they have rejected the words of the prophets. So, if my dad should dwell in the land after he has been commanded to flee it, he would also perish. So it was important that he left the land.

Logically, it must be God's intent that we should obtain these records, that we may preserve for our children the language of our fathers;

And also that we may preserve for them the words which have been spoken by the mouth of all the holy prophets, have been delivered to them by the Spirit and power of God, since the world began, down to this present day.

And it happened that in this manner did I persuade my brethren, that they might be faithful in keeping God's commands.

It occurred that we went down to the land of our inheritance, and we did gather together our gold, silver, and our valuable material things.

After we had collected these things, we again went to Laban's house.

We went in to Laban, and asked him that he give to us the records which were engraved upon the brass plates, for which would give to him our gold, and silver, and all our valuable materiel things.

When Laban saw our property, and that it was exceedingly valuable, he did lust after it, so much that he threw us out, and sent his servants to kill us, that he might get our property.

And we fled before the servants of Laban, and we were obliged to leave behind our property, and it fell into Laban's obsession.

And so we fled into the wilderness, and the servants of Laban did not catch us, and we hid ourselves in the cavity of a rock.

And it happened that Laman was angry with me, and also with my dad; and so was Lemuel, for he accepted Laman's words. So, Laman and Lemuel did speak many harsh words to us, their younger brothers, and they did strike us also with a rod.

And it occurred that as they struck us with a rod, an angel of the Lord came and stood before them, and he asked, "Why do you hit your younger brother with a rod? Know not that the Lord has selected him to be your ruler, and this because of your iniquities? So now go up to Jerusalem again, and the Lord will place Laban in your hands.

After the angel spoke to us, he left.

After the angel had departed, Laman and Lemuel again began grumbling, and said, "How is it possible that the Lord will deliver Laban to us? Note, he is a mighty man, and he can control fifty, even kill fifty --- why not us?"
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

1st Book of Nephi CHAPTER 4

It finally occurred that I talked to my brothers, saying, "Let's go once more to Jerusalem, and let us be faithful in keeping the Lord's commands. for see He is mightier than anything of earth, then why not mightier than Laban and his fifty, yes, or even than his tens of thousands?

So, let us go up and be as strong as Moses; for he actually spoke to the waters of the Red Sea and they split apart, and our fathers came through, out of captivity, on dry ground, and the armies of Pharaoh did pursue and drowned in the Red Sea.

Now we know that this is true; and also know that an angel spoke to you; How can you doubt? Let us go up; the Lord can deliver us, even as our fathers, and destroy Laban, even as the Egyptians."

Now, when I said this, they were still agitated, and still continued to grumble; nevertheless they followed me up until we came outside the walls of Jerusalem.

And it was night; and I made them hide themselves outside the walls. And after they hid themselves, I, Nephi, crept into the city and ventured towards the house of Laban.

And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing in advance the things which I would do.

Nevertheless I went, and as I came near to Laban's house. I saw a man, and he fell to the earth before me, for he was inebriated with wine.

And when I approached him I discovered it to be Laban.

And I saw his sword, and I drew it forth from the sheath; and the hilt was of pure gold, and the workmanship was extraordinary, and I saw that the blade was of the finest steel.

And it came to pass that I was compelled by the Spirit to murder Laban; but I pondered in my heart, never before have I killed a man. And I recoiled at the thought ---- that I might not kill him.

Yet the Spirit said to me again: "Look the Lord has delivered him into your hands." Indeed, I also knew that he had sought to take away my life, nor even listen to the Lord's commandments; and even had taken our property.

And so again the Spirit said: "KILL him, for the Lord is letting you do it;

Behold the Lord slays the wicked to bring forth His righteous purposes. It is better that one man should die than an entire nation shrivel and perish in disbelief."

And now, when I, Nephi, heard these words, I remembered the words of the Lord which he said to me in the wilderness, saying, "As long as you seed shall obey my requirements, they shall prosper in the land of promise.

Indeed, I also thought that they could not keep the commandments of the Lord according to the law of Moses, unless they possessed the law.

And I also knew that the law was inscribed upon the brass plates.

And again, I knew that the Lord had delivered Laban into my hands for this cause—that I might obtain the records according to his commandments.

So I did obey the voice of the Spirit, and grabbed Laban by his head of hair, and sliced off his head with his own sword.

After that, I took Laban's outfit and put it on; yes everything he wore, and I did strap on his armor about my waist.

And after doing this, I ventured unto the treasury of Laban. And as I went towards that treasury, I saw the Laban's servant who held the keys of the treasury. And I commanded him impersonating Laban's voice, that he would go with me to the treasury.

And he supposed me to be his master, Laban, for he observed the garments and the sword girded around my loins.

And he spoke to me regarding the Jewish elders, realizing that his master, Laban, had been out at night among them.

And I impersonated Laban.

I also told him that I should carry the engravings, which were upon the brass plates, to my older brothers, who were outside the walls.

I told him to accompanied me.

And he, thinking that I spoke of CHURCH BROTHERS, and that I was actually Laban whom I had killed, therefore he did accompanied me.

And he remarked to me many times regarding the Jewish elders, as I proceeded to my brothers --- outside the walls.

And it happened that when Laman saw me he was really very scared, as well as Lemuel and Sam. And they ran from before my presence; for they thought I was Laban, and that he had killed me and had sought to kill them as well.

And so I called after them, and they heard me; so they did cease running from my presence.

And it happened that when the servant of Laban saw my brothers he began to tremble, and was about to run from me and return to the city of Jerusalem.

Now I, Nephi, being a brawny man, and also having received a lot of power of the Lord, therefore I grabbed Laban's servant, and held him, so he couldn't run.

And it happened that I said to him, that if he would listen to my words (since the Lord exists, and I live) we would allow him to live.

And I swore to him, that he need not fear because he would be a free man like us if he would go down in the wilderness with us.

Plus I also spoke to him, saying, "Surely the Lord has demanded us to do this thing; and shall we not be diligent in upholding the commandments of the Lord? Therefore, if you will head down into the wilderness to my Dad you will have place with us.

And it so happened that Zoram was relieved by the words which I spoke. Zoram was the name of this servant; and he promised that he would go down into the wilderness to our father. Yes, he swore to us that he would remain with us from then on.

Now we wanted him should stay with us for this reason, that the Jews might not know of our flight into the wilderness, that they might pursue us and destroy us.

And when Zoram swore unto us, our fears abated regarding him.

And so we captured the brass plates and Laban's servant, and went into the wilderness, and traveled to the tent of our father.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

1st Book of Nephi Chapter 5

Eventually, when we traveled down into the wilderness to our father, he was overjoyed, as my mom, Sariah, was especially happy, because she cried for us.

She imagined that we had died in the wilderness; and she had been annoyed with dad, telling him that he was a dreamer; saying, "See, how you led us out from the land of our inheritance, and my sons are gone, and we die in the wilderness.

In this way my mother complained to father.

And so it happened that my dad spoke to her, saying, "I know that I'm a dreamer; for if I had not seen the things of God through a vision I would not know anything concerning God's goodness, but would have remained at Jerusalem, perishing with my relations.

But see, I have received a promise of land and this makes me happy. Yes, I know that the Lord will deliver my sons from Laban's grasp, and bring them down again to us in the wilderness.

In this way my Dad, Lehi, comforted my mother, Sariah regarding us, while we traveled through the wilderness up to the land of Jerusalem, to get the Jews' record.

And when we returned to the tent of my dad, they were overjoyed, and my mom comforted.

So she said, "Now I know for certain that the Lord has commanded my husband to flee into the wilderness; absolutely, and I additionally realize that the Lord protected my sons, delivering them out of Laban's hands, and provided them the strength that they could accomplish the thing which the Lord commanded them." And this is how she expressed herself..

And so they were exuberant, and offered sacrifices and burnt offerings to the Lord; and giving thanks to the God of Israel.

Afterward, they had given thanks to the God of Israel, my dad, Lehi, took the records engraved on brass plates, and he studied them from start to finish.

And he saw that they contained the five books of Moses, giving an account of the creation of the world, and also of Adam and Eve (our first parents).

And also a Jewish record from creation, to the beginning of Zedekiah, king of Judah's reign.

Additionally, were the prophecies of the holy prophets, from the beginning, through to the start of Zedekiah's reign; and many prophecies presented by Jeremiah.

And it occurred that my dad, Lehi, also discovered upon the brass plates a genealogy of his ancestors; which revealed that he was a descendant of Joseph, the son of Jacob, being sold into Egypt, and protected by the Lord's influence --- that he might preserve his father, Jacob, and his entire family from perishing from the famine.

And they were also led out of captivity and from the land of Egypt, by that same God who preserved them.

Thus my dad, Lehi, discovered the genealogy of his ancestors. Laban also was a descendant of Joseph --- being why he and his ancestors had kept the records.

And presently when my dad observed all this, he was filled with the Spirit, and began to prophesy concerning his seed—

That these brass plates should go out to all nations, relations, tongues, and people who were related to him.

As a result, he stated that these brass plates should never perish; neither should they be tarnished by time. And he prophesied many things concerning his decedents.

And it happened that so far both I and my dad had kept the commandments the Lord had commanded of us.

We obtained the records the Lord had commanded of us, and studied them and discovered that they were desirable --- even valuable to us, as long as we preserve the commandments of the Lord for our decedents.

Reasonably, it was the Lord's will that we should take them with us, as we journeyed in the wilderness towards the promised land.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

1st Book of Nephi CHAPTER 6

Presently I, Nephi, will not show my ancestry in this part of my journal; neither now or later; for it is revealed in the record which has been kept by my dad; so, I will not present it in this endeavor.

It's enough me to say that we are descendants of Joseph.

And it doesn't matter to me that I'm specific to reject a full account of everything of my dad, for they will not fit upon these plates --- for I desire the space that I may write of the things of God.

For the extent of my desire is that I may persuade men to come to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and be saved.

So, the things which please the world I do not write, but the things which please God and those who are not of the world.

As a result, I shall command my decedents, that they shall not fill these plates with things valueless to the children of men.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

i Nephi Chapter 7

Presently, I'd like you to know, that when my dad, Lehi, stopped prophesying regarding his decedents --it occurred that the Lord spoke to him, saying that it was not right for Lehi, to take his family into the wilderness all by himself. His sons should take daughters to wife, that they might have godly decedents in the land promised.

And it occurred that the Lord commanded him that I, Nephi, and my brothers, should yet again return to the vicinity of Jerusalem, and escort Ishmael and his family into the wilderness.

And so yet again I, Nephi, did venture with my brothers, going out into the wilderness travel go up to Jerusalem.

It happened that we went up to Ishmael's house, and we did gained Ishmael's favor, so much so that we did told him what the Lord said.

So it occurred that the Lord softened Ishmael's heart with that of his household, so much so, that they traveled with us down into the wilderness to our father's tent.

And it so happened that as we ventured in the wilderness, Laman and Lemuel, and two of the daughters of Ishmael, and the two sons of Ishmael and their families, rebelled. Yes,they rebelled against me, Nephi, and Sam, and Ishmael, and his wife, and his three other daughters.

And it occurred this rebellion was due to their wish to to return to the vicinity of Jerusalem.

Presently I, Nephi, being upset due to to their hardened hearts, i spoke to them (Yes, even to Laman and Lemuel) saying, "Though you are my elder brothers and how can you have such hard hearts, and your thoughts be blind, that I, your younger brother, needs to speak to you, and set the example for you?

How is it that you have not listened to the Lord's word?

How is it that you forgot that you saw the Lord's angel?

Yes, and how is it that you forgot what great things the Lord accomplished for us, in delivering us out of Laban's clutches --- that we would obtain the record?

Yes, how can it be that you have forgotten that the Lord is able to do everything he desires, for humans, if they exercise faith in him? SO, let us be faithful to him.

And if it be that we remain faithful to him, we shall obtain the land he promise; and you shall know eventually that the word of the Lord shall be fulfilled concerning the destruction of Jerusalem; because everything the Lord hath said concerning Jerusalem's destruction must be accomplished.

Note: the aSpirit of the Lord will soon stop putting up with them because, they have rejected the prophets, and Jeremiah they thrown into prison. And they have sought to kill my father --- so much so that they have caused him to flee.

NOW, I say inform you that if you return to Jerusalem you will also perish with them. And now, decide --- go up to the land, and remember what I told you, that if you go you will die; for this the Spirit of the Lord binds me to say."

And it occurred that when I, Nephi, said these things to my brothers, they were angry with me. And so they grabbed me, because they were really fed up, and they tied me, for they wanted to take my life by leaving me in the wilderness to be eaten by wild beasts.

But I prayed unto the Lord, saying, "Oh Lord, according to my faith in thee, deliver me from the hands of my brothers. In fact, give me strength that I may brake these bands which bound me."

And it happened that when I said these words, the bands actually loosened from my hands and feet, and I stood before my brothers, and spoke to them again.

It occurred that they were again angry with me, and sought to grab me; however, one of Ismael's daughters, and also her mother, and one of Ismael's sons, pleaded with my brothers, that they did become softhearted; and they cease trying to kill me.

It happened that they were sorry, because of their wickedness, so much that they bowed down before me, and did begged with me to forgive them for what they had done to me.

And it occurred that I did frankly forgive them all that they did, and I encouraged them to pray to the Lord their God for forgiveness. And so they did so. And after praying unto the Lord we did again travel on our journey towards our father's tent.

And it happened that we did arrive to our father's tent. And after I and my brothers and all the house of Ishmael arrived at my Father's house, they thanked unto the Lord their God; and they offered a sacrifice and burnt offerings to him.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Nipper is our latest Book of Mormon fan. :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

I Nephi CHAPTER 8

So we gathered together all sorts of seeds of every kind, both of grain and also of fruit.

And it happened that while my Dad stayed in the wilderness he said to us,"Note, I had a dreamed or, in other words, I've seen a vision.

And note, because of what I have seen, I have reason to rejoice in the Lord regarding both Nephi and Sam; for I have reason to imagine that they, and many of their decedents, will be saved.

However regarding Laman and Lemuel, I very upset concerning you; because, I thought I saw in my dream, a dark and dreary wilderness.

And it happened that I saw a man, dressed in a white robe; and he came and stood before me.

And it occurred that he spoke to me, and had me to follow him.

And it happened that as I followed him I observed that I was in a dark and dreary waste.

And after I had ventured for many hours in darkness, I began to pray unto the Lord that he would have mercy on me, according to the magnitude of his tender mercies.

And it occurred after I had prayed to the Lord I observed a large and spacious field.

And in time I saw a tree, whose fruit was desirable to make one chappy.

And eventually I did go and eat of this fruit, and I knew that it was sweater than any I'd tasted before. Yes, and I noticed that this fruit was white -- exceeding all the whiteness I ever saw.

And as I ate this fruit it filled my soul with excessive joy; therefore, I began to be desirous that my family should eat it also; for I realized that it was desirable above all other fruit.

And as I look around, thinking I might discover my family also, I observed a river; and it flowed along, and was near the tree of which I was eating the fruit.

And I looked to see from where it came; and I saw the beginning a little way off; and there I beheld your mother Sariah, and Sam, and Nephi; and they stood as if they had no clue of where to go.

And it happened that I beckoned to them; and I also called to them with a loud voice that they should come to me, and eat of the fruit, which was desirable above all other fruit.

And it occurred that they came to me and ate of the fruit also.

And so it was that I was desirous that Laman and Lemuel should come and eat the fruit also; so, I looked towards the head of the river, that perhaps I might see them.

And it happened that I saw them, but they would not come to me and eat of the fruit.

And I saw an iron rod, and it extended along the bank of the river, and led to the tree by which I stood.

And I additionally observed a straight and narrow path, which ran along by the iron rod, to the tree by which I stood; and it also ran by the head of the fountain, to a large and spacious field, as if it had been a world.

And I saw countless group of people, many of whom were moving forward, that they might reach the path which led to the tree by which I stood.

And it happened that they came out, and started on the path which led to the tree.

And it occurred that there arose an exceedingly great mist of darkness, so oppressive that they who had started on the path lost their way, that they wandered off and were lost.

And then I noticed others pushing onward, and they came out and grabbed hold of the end of the iron rod; and they pushed onward through the mist of darkness, clinging to the iron rod, until they finally came out and ate the tree's fruit.

And after they ate of the fruit of the tree they looked around as though ashamed.

And I also looked around, and noticed, on the other side of the river of water, a great and spacious building; and it hung in the air, high above the earth.

And it was filled with people, both old and young, male and female; and their manner of dress was extremely fine; and their attitude was mocking and pointing their fingers towards those who had arrived and were eating of the fruit.

And after they tasted the fruit they were ashamed, because of those scoffing at them; and they drifted away into forbidden paths and were lost."

And presently I, Nephi, do not repeat everything my dad said.

But, to be brief, he saw other crowds moving onward; and they came and grabbed hold of the end of the iron rod; and they pushed their way onward, continuously holding fast to the rod of iron, until they came out and fell down and ate the tree's fruit

And he additionally observed other crowds feeling their way towards that great and spacious building.

And it happened that many were drowned in the depths of the fountain; and many were lost from his view, wandering on strange roads.

And immense was the crowd that entered into that strange building. And upon entering that building they did point the finger of scorn at me and all those eating the fruit; but we payed no attention.

This is what my dad said, "For as many as heeded them, the same amount drifted away.

And Laman and Lemuel didn't take the fruit," said my dad.

And it happened after my father had spoken all the words of his dream or vision, many indeed, he said to us, because of these things which he saw in a vision, he exceedingly feared for Laman and Lemuel. Yes, he was afraid that they should be cast off from the Lord's presence.

And he encouraged them with all the feeling of a tender parent, that they would listen to his words, that maybe the Lord would be merciful to them, and not cast them off -- Yes, my Dad did preach to them.

And after he had preached and prophesied to them of many things, he told them to keep the commandments of the Lord; and he ceased speaking.
_LittleNipper
_Emeritus

Post by _LittleNipper »

I Nephi CHAPTER 9

My dad saw, heard, and spoke, as he lived in a tent in the valley of Lemuel, a lot more things, which cannot be written upon these plates.

And now, as I've mentioned, these plates ---understand that they are not the plates upon which I give a full account of the history of my people. Those plates I have entitled Nephi. So, they are called the plates of Nephi, after ME.

Regardless, I've received a command from the Lord that I should make these plates, for the special purpose that there should be an account engraved of the ministry of my people.

Upon other plates should be engraved an account of the reign of the kings, and the wars and arguments of my people. So, one set of plates primarily regard the ministry; and the other plates are for the most part of the reign of the kings and the wars and arguments of my people.

Therefore, the Lord has commanded me to make these plates for his wise purpose, which I don't understand.

But the Lord knows everything from the beginning. Therefore, he made a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men. So realize, he is all powerful to accomplish all his words. And so it is. Amen.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.