Language Traps and the Gospel

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_LoveIsTruth
_Emeritus

Post by _LoveIsTruth »

There are a few words that Satan uses to confuse people because of their double meaning in certain contexts; they are:

necessary, required, has to, must, needed, should, etc... (and all their variants).

Meaning 1:
    necessary1, required1, has to1, must1, needed1, should1

= duty

Meaning 2:
    necessary2, required2, has to2, must2, needed2, should2

= will inescapably exist under some conditions.

Therefore I prefer not to use these words in Meaning 2 because of the trap, but use other phrases to describe meaning 2.

Here is an example of

The trap:
    evil is not necessary1, and

evil is necessary2.

necessary1 and necessary2 have the opposite meanings in this context.

This blatant ambiguity is the trap that Satan uses to deceive people into committing evil and transgressions, or in justifying transgressions and sins in themselves or others.

The truth is:

Even though evil will inescapably exist under some circumstances, it is never necessary, or in other words, it is never the duty of any one to do it, because there is always a better way if they are willing to do what God commands them.

Therefore, even though evil and error will inescapably exist in certain circumstances, it is necessary for everyone not to engage in it; in other words, it is the duty of everyone not to do evil.

In fact, it is the duty of everyone under all circumstances, without ANY exceptions, not to sin and not to transgress, because those who transgress will be miserable if they do not repent when they are brought to sufficient knowledge of their transgressions, because every transgression of the laws of God is a self-contradiction, and is unnecessary, because there is always a better way, which is to keep the commandments of God, which is to love all as self.

In the words of Jesus:

Luke 17:1

1 Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

So even though it is impossible but transgressions will exist under certain circumstances, they are unnecessary for everyone, if they but choose to obey God, for there is always a better way,-- the way God commanded.

And yes, we always CAN do everything that God commands us:

1 Nephi 3:7
7 ... the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

To summarize:

Sin is always unnecessary.
Transgression is always unnecessary.
Because there is always a better way, the way that God commands.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: Language Traps and the Gospel

Post by _Maksutov »

The Gospel is a human creation, same as the Bible and the Book of Mormon. Satan does not exist. You are talking to yourself about nothing. :razz:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_LoveIsTruth
_Emeritus

Post by _LoveIsTruth »

Maksutov wrote:The Gospel is a human creation, same as the Bible and the Book of Mormon. Satan does not exist. You are talking to yourself about nothing. :razz:

2 Nephi 2
13 And if ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery. And if these things are not there is no God. And if there is no God we are not, neither the earth; for there could have been no creation of things, neither to act nor to be acted upon; wherefore, all things must have vanished away.
14 And now, my sons, I speak unto you these things for your profit and learning; for there is a God, and he hath created all things, both the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are, ...
So if there is no misery, then you are right.
Misery is a brutal teacher, though, my friend, and as my OP says, it is unnecessary, unless we are stupid enough to choose it.

Love is a much better teacher, but all will be taught, either one way or the other.

Every knee shall bow.
Isaiah 45:23
23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Until that day, everyone is free to heap upon their own heads either blessings or cursings.

The choice is yours, but so also the consequences.

Cheers, my friend.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I think I get it. Like, the libido will always be there and sometimes it even kicks into high gear (drawn sword), but polygamy is unnecessary.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace