Jesus in a Bell Jar

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: Jesus in a Bell Jar

Post by _Shulem »

I think that I've made it quite clear that I don't like the Church Logo of Jesus in a jar. I think also that it's clear that I don't even like Jesus, period. He creeps me out. The thought of being a Christian to me feels unnatural and gives me a sense of creepiness and unease. I think it's barbaric to rely on the death and torture of someone else in order to get some wrongdoings forgiven. What's all that about? I mean, really, what parent here on earth would require this at the hands of their own children? This is definitely not a case of that which is below (micro) being in likeness of that which is above (macro) because nobody on today's earth is going to spill blood in order to make themselves feel better. But God has to spill blood or have it spilled? Oh come on! That's definitely out of the Dark Ages.

I just want to say, I'm very glad that I'm NOT a Christian.

Thank you for listening. Have a great day!

And remember, you don't need Jesus. You just need you! Be the best you can be.

:smile:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Cold & Lonely

Post by _Shulem »

A visit from Mormon Jesus may require a coat or a jacket. He looks cold and frozen and half dressed. The new Church logo looks somewhat dark and dreary. No sunshine at all -- only darkness and gloom. Something hidden.

Just a sad and lonely statue of a man who appears trapped within his icy enclosure.

The Church failed to produce a logo that inspires warmth and joy
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Future Mormon Jesus

Post by _Shulem »

Welcome to the Future! Mormon Jesus.

Come inside and witness ancient relics from the religious past. Meet the god of the Mormons, Jesus Christus. He's encapsulated in his eternal crystal and was worshiped by American Mormons two thousand years ago.

Behold, Jesus Christus, frozen by the Mormons for 2,000 years

This graven image of Mormon Jesus once stood in a sanctuary of the city of Salt Lake for 500 hundred years before the entire land was overrun by the ocean and the Great Salt Lake was buried by sea water:

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Cold Blue Mormon Jesus Logo

Post by _Shulem »

In search of cold and frozen Jesus Christus . . . .

Anyone in there?

Hello!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Under The Sea

Post by _Shulem »

Going down:

A blue Jesus is not the answer. It doesn't work.

He's cold and lifeless.

The new Church logo is a flop.

Blue Jesus -- cold, lifeless, and lonely
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Silence in the cold of space

Post by _Shulem »

Lost in space, sealed up in a jar, and frozen forever
_Shulem
_Emeritus

What would Jesus do?

Post by _Shulem »

The Church thinks too much like a corporation which runs a business in order to put 100 billion dollars into a secret bank account which members (including my former self) had donated for what was suppose to be a good cause to include charity and relief.

But, the corporate leaders of Mormonism think like a business and we see this in the new Church logo which does nothing to inspire and lift the soul. It's like a lifeless piece of ice floating in the depths of the sea or a cold asteroid sailing evermore through space. The blue Mormon Jesus is a cold depiction of what is suppose to be light and celestial sunshine. The sooner the Church gets rid of this logo the better off it will be. Get rid of the logo, replace it with something bright and warm, and pull out the bulk of that 100 billion dollars and donate it to charity! That is what Jesus would do.

_Shulem
_Emeritus

The real Jesus

Post by _Shulem »

Take my 100 billion dollars and give it to the poor.

_Shulem
_Emeritus

Jesus gets a photo for a new Church logo

Post by _Shulem »

Oh, come on guys, you know I don't like cameras.

He gave every penny he had to help the poor and the needy.

Now that's the Jesus everyone loves!
_Shulem
_Emeritus

More Mormon Discussions of Jesus in his Jar

Post by _Shulem »

Thank you to all those who have participated in this thread where a somewhat critical review of the new Church logo has been expressed but in keeping within a spirit of friendliness and yet being straight forward -- giving an honest impression of what's wrong with the logo and what the Church might do to correct a poor decision in selecting such a cold and lifeless display of Jesus.

For those who wish to take this further in perhaps a less disciplined environment (somewhat and more so offensive), this very subject is also available in two other places on this board and you are welcomed to get a further perspective in the lower regions of Mormon Discussions.

Have a great day, everyone!

TERRESTRIAL FORUM: New Church Logo of Jesus (Tomb is Missing Arch!)

TELESTIAL FORUM: From ''New Church Logo of Jesus (Tomb is Missing Arch!)''