“King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Ryan Larsen
Sunbeam

Re: “King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

Post by Ryan Larsen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:37 pm
Ryan Larsen wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:19 pm
Well, you guys, both mental and physical health issues have me focused even more intensely on them, so I really need to force myself to break away for a month or so. I need to avoid going back to the hospital.

Of course, if I were to die I would more powerful as an apologist than you can possibly imagine (In the voice of Obi-Wan during the scene where he fought Vader in Episode IV)

I am grateful we can talk things out and be friends. I’ll be back!
Oh I hope you get feeling better Ryan! Blessings! I'm sorry illness has cropped up. You can beat this, I have faith in ya. Please post as you are able.
Thank you, my friend. I was in the hospital for four days last week, including two in the Intensive Care Unit. I’m stabilized now but my focus for the near future will be on health and losing weight. So I’m going to take a break from apologetics, but you can still respond to or comment on my theories, as time permits.

The future will permit many great discussions and hopefully meetings between us! Although for now I need to make sure that I have a future 🙏💯❤️
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Ryan Larsen wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:29 pm
The future will permit many great discussions and hopefully meetings between us! Although for now I need to make sure that I have a future 🙏💯❤️

Here’s to hoping you get better.

I just published my first little podcast and have a thread in the Terrestrial forum that provides the link. It’s only 13 minutes long and is soft spoken and pleasantly discusses Facsimile No. 3 from an angle you may not have fully considered. Sit back and watch it and just relax.

Shulem's first Book of Abraham PODCAST!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem
My problem with Gee is that his integrity and values are muddied by his religious ideals that it’s okay to lie in order to defend Mormonism. It’s okay to twist and distort and misrepresent facts in order to paint them in a light to create a narrative that meets with Smith’s version of Egyptology and is approved by leader’s of today’s Church. Gee’s hands are tied! He must do everything that meets the approval of his employer or they will fire him. In order to keep his job and maintain testimony in Mormonism, Gee has put church employment ahead of truth and honesty.
The paid apologist syndrome which Dan Peterson eternally ignores, attempts to refute, and refuses to accept, and so lamely attempts to deny he is paid for anything apologetic in nature...
Shulem
God

The bar is set

Post by Shulem »

I just love the fact that there is no King’s name in the hieroglyphic writing of Facsimile No. 3 and the person in whom Smith designated as “King Pharaoh” is NOT a king but a goddess of the Egyptian religion.

I love the fact that it’s so easy to prove that Smith Got it all wrong. Mormon apologists and Church leaders have been leading their flock astray for a very long time. But all this has come to an end. The Church has lost the war and the apologists are scattered. Nonetheless, the bar has been set and raised. Let the apologists try. But they will fail as surely as the sun will rise tomorrow morning and set in the western sky.

It’s over for Joseph Smith’s Explanations of Facsimile No. 3.

Don’t even try!

What’s the King’s name?
Last edited by Shulem on Sat May 07, 2022 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shulem
God

We Win!

Post by Shulem »

This is for King Pharaoh’s name!

Take that, John Gee!
Shulem
God

Re: Noah's Pre-Egypt

Post by Shulem »

John Dehlin hits a pair of GRAND SLAMS!

Please grant a few minutes of your time for these ultimate slam dunks that destroy the Book of Abraham story! This is the most powerful argument against the historicity of the Book of Abraham. Slam dunk!

John Dehlin, YOU rock, baby!

John Dehlin (Mormon Spories) wrote:If there wasn't a tower of Babel and if there wasn't a global flood...

Listen for 2 minutes here: Noah's Flood w/ Dr. Simon Southerton
John Dehlin (Mormon Spories) wrote:If the Church is timing Noah's flood to be 2000 BCE, that means that Egyptian civilization is no more than 4,000 years old...

Listen here: Noah's Flood w/ Dr. Simon Southerton
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Shulem wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:24 pm
John Dehlin hits a pair of GRAND SLAMS!

Please grant a few minutes of your time for these ultimate slam dunks that destroy the Book of Abraham story! This is the most powerful argument against the historicity of the Book of Abraham. Slam dunk!

John Dehlin, YOU rock, baby!
John Dehlin (Mormon Spories) wrote:If there wasn't a tower of Babel and if there wasn't a global flood...

Listen for 2 minutes here: Noah's Flood w/ Dr. Simon Southerton
John Dehlin (Mormon Spories) wrote:If the Church is timing Noah's flood to be 2000 BCE, that means that Egyptian civilization is no more than 4,000 years old...

Listen here: Noah's Flood w/ Dr. Simon Southerton
He hints at it, but doesn't quite hit the mark. I'm pretty sure that the Epic of Gilgamesh is the origin of the Hebrew flood mythology, just like ziggurats are the perverted inspiration for the Tower of Babel myth. The Jaredite story relies heavily on that one and is as damning as anything in
Fac. 3.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Father Francis wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:29 pm
He hints at it, but doesn't quite hit the mark. I'm pretty sure that the Epic of Gilgamesh is the origin of the Hebrew flood mythology, just like ziggurats are the perverted inspiration for the Tower of Babel myth. The Jaredite story relies heavily on that one and is as damning as anything in
Fac. 3

It was so refreshing to see a critic of the Book of Abraham bring up those points and in such a conclusive way. The placement of Egyptian chronology as it relates to biblical chronology as given by Joseph Smith in the Book of Abraham and its connections with Smith's biblical chronology in his other revelations is the ultimate SMOKING GUN that Smith was wrong in relying on literal chronology of the Bible as maintained by Christians of his day. This has pulled the curtain away and mathematically proves that Smith was a false prophet. Tilt! Game over!

I expect this matter to be enlarged and broadcasted in the near future. It is the monster under the bed for Mormon Egyptologists. Once this matter becomes more public and expressed in simply terms it will be over for the Book of Abraham. The Church doesn’t have a leg to stand on. The apologists cannot defend false chronology and maintain any credibility in the world.

I hope the Backyard Professor runs a special on this at some point. As I say, it is the ultimate smoking gun in the Book of Abraham and it destroys the text and the story. To heck with the Facsimiles which are small potatoes. The actual text of the chapters can now be nuked by its own false chronology!

It’s over.

Philo, are you there? Just give me a signal that you’re there? This is really, really, big stuff. It’s my ultimate Book of Abraham trump card. It’s the highest card in my deck. And now YOU know.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Shulem wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:59 pm
Father Francis wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:29 pm
Fac. 3

It was so refreshing to see a critic of the Book of Abraham bring up those points and in such a conclusive way. The placement of Egyptian chronology as it relates to biblical chronology as given by Joseph Smith in the Book of Abraham and its connections with Smith's biblical chronology in his other revelations is the ultimate SMOKING GUN that Smith was wrong in relying on literal chronology of the Bible as maintained by Christians of his day. This has pulled the curtain away and mathematically proves that Smith was a false prophet. Tilt! Game over!

I expect this matter to be enlarged and broadcasted in the near future. It is the monster under the bed for Mormon Egyptologists. Once this matter becomes more public and expressed in simply terms it will be over for the Book of Abraham. The Church doesn’t have a leg to stand on. The apologists cannot defend false chronology and maintain any credibility in the world.

I hope the Backyard Professor runs a special on this at some point. As I say, it is the ultimate smoking gun in the Book of Abraham and it destroys the text and the story. To heck with the Facsimiles which are small potatoes. The actual text of the chapters can now be nuked by its own false chronology!

It’s over.

Philo, are you there? Just give me a signal that you’re there? This is really, really, big stuff. It’s my ultimate Book of Abraham trump card. It’s the highest card in my deck. And now YOU know.
It's just the Emperor's New Clothes at this point. Then again, it always was. Joseph Smith was a con man raised by a con man.

He used his "seer stones" to find buried gold, then later claimed to translate buried golden plate scriptures with "seer stones" in a hat?

Utter nonsense.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Father Francis wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 4:48 pm
It's just the Emperor's New Clothes at this point. Then again, it always was. Joseph Smith was a con man raised by a con man.

He used his "seer stones" to find buried gold, then later claimed to translate buried golden plate scriptures with "seer stones" in a hat?

Utter nonsense.

These “Clothes” have not been properly addressed by either the apologists or the critics. It’s just been swept under the rug. It needs to be lit up and placed under a scientific microscope with full analysis of introspection using science as the standard by which to measure and judge. The plates, seer stones, and the hat are all props that certainly raise eyebrows but the false chronology given by Smith goes against what is already written in ancient stone. Thus, Smith’s story is a house of cards.