“King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Re: “King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

Post by Shulem »

Ed1 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:18 pm
Actually, when things are actually deciphered properly, and it all "fits the bill" where "the shoe fits," it shows that this whole enterprise is set up deliberately in a way that will never give you what you are after as a critic without faith, not being a believer, and that was the point here.

It sounds like you’re trying to find a fit for a certain glass slipper from a certain cartoon we are all familiar with. And yes, I am a critic and do NOT walk by faith and totally reject the restored gospel established by Joseph Smith. I am not a believer in Joseph Smith’s ability to translate Egyptian. I gave him that chance long ago but my eyes were opened and I woke up.

Ed1 wrote:
It is not a sideshow to give you a sign to consume on your lusts.

That’s not a nice thing to say to someone in whom you’re having direct conversation with here in the Celestial Forum. It’s this sort of religious condemnation that religious people like to heap on nonbelievers that gives religion a bad name. It’s mean spirited and not appreciated here.

Ed1 wrote:
There is no way even with the actual work being done to show the proper results, that you would ever accept those results.

You may safely conclude that I will never accept the claim that there is a king’s name in the writing of Facsimile No. 3. No matter what anyone ever says or presents, I know their solution is false. And with that, I can explain why.

Ed1 wrote:
I knew that once I actually found it, and I knew it very well before I posted it. That stands as a testimony against you, that even when the results are given that you are too clouded to accept them.

Then it stands as a testimony against everyone, not just me. The whole world stands condemned except for Ed. Nobody will believe what you presented as a solution to Smith’s obvious error. You are all alone.

Ed1 wrote:
This is why it makes no sense to communicate with you, and why I no longer respond to any and every message you spew, but carefully select the ones I choose to respond to now. I owe you nothing, and I owe nobody on this forum anything. I've learned not to care but to go forward without acceptance.

You are welcome to contribute and respond according to your desires and nobody will fault you for that here in the Celestial Forum. You don’t owe anybody anything and can come and go as you please. I respect that and hope you allow me the same privilege.

Ed1 wrote:
The fact that you don't comprehend that this is a pun on the name, and not the exact same spelling of the name as it would be in a cartouche is the whole point. It is yet another layer of what keeps you from discernment.

When Joseph Smith pointed at hieroglyphs and claimed that it was the very autograph of Abraham or that the name Shulem is written in the writing and he is the only person on earth that can translate it, there can be no further argument in my mind that Smith was making it up out of thin air. I am grateful that my discernment has allowed me to detect the fraud in which Smith was guilty of committing.

Ed1 wrote:
Furthermore, I am not bound by Joseph Smith's faulty suppositions. I am bound only by what was given him by the Spirit, and what actually came from the ancient world. You presume that every writing that Joseph Smith produced by speculation is something that I am bound by. That is not the case. I am independent of anything from the 19th century that is not solid revelation.

I believe or rather KNOW that Joseph Smith was wrong on all the points he made in that fateful address he gave to the entire Church via the Times and Seasons:

Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, 1843 address wrote:
  • I proceed to answer you
  • the truth of revelation, or religion as promulgated by me
  • I have succeeded as a man of God
  • by the power of God I translated the Book of Mormon from hieroglyphics
  • bold measures of receiving direct revelation from God, through the Comforter
  • and that one man empowered from Jehovah, has more influence with the children of the kingdom, than eight hundred millions led by the precepts of men.
  • Were I an Egyptian, I would exclaim Jah-oh-eh, Enish-go-on-dosh, Flo-ees-Flos-is-is; [O earth! the power of attraction, and the moon passing between her and the sun.]
  • embalming human bodies, and preserving them in the catacombs of Egypt, whereby men, women and children as mummies, after a lapse of near three thousand five hundred years, come forth among the living, and although dead, the papyrus which has lived in their bosoms, unharmed, speaks for them
  • The spirit of prophesy is the testimony of Jesus.
  • I who have witnessed the visions of Eternity; and beheld the glories of the mansions of bliss
  • I who have heard the voice of God, and communed with angels; and spake as moved by the Holy Ghost
  • I, who hold the keys of the last kingdom
  • The whole earth shall bear me witness that I, like the towering rock in the midst of the ocean
  • I combat the errors of the ages; I meet the violence of mobs; I cope with illegal proceedings from executive authority; I cut the Gordian knot of powers; and I solve mathematical problems of Universities: WITH TRUTH, diamond truth, and God is my ‘right hand man.’
  • let me say in the name of Jesus Christ to you
  • JOSEPH SMITH.

Joseph Smith was testifying falsely with regard to the age of the mummies and he invoked the very name of JESUS CHRIST in stating his authority as a revelation to the Church. Smith has been caught red handed lying to the whole Church!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Had Joseph not pestered William Law's wife until 1846-47, the Nauvoo Expositor would not have been published and that would give Joseph plenty of time to complete the Book of Kinderhook and publish it. Dr. John Gee could now be the William Gay Professor of Kinderhookology at BYU.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:35 am
Had Joseph not pestered William Law's wife until 1846-47, the Nauvoo Expositor would not have been published and that would give Joseph plenty of time to complete the Book of Kinderhook and publish it. Dr. John Gee could now be the William Gay Professor of Kinderhookology at BYU.

The Kinderhook plates are no less fake than the translations and interpretations Smith gave for Facsimile No. 3. The makers of the Kinderhook plates perpetuated a fraud in order to catch someone commit fraud. Thus, we see that fraud existed on many levels with the Smith translations. Today the fraud Smith committed in giving his explanations is perpetuated by Mormons who invent new ways to defend the original fraud by creatively applying fantasy in order to get members of the Church to believe in things that are not true. One such fantasy is the one invented by our resident guest, Ed Goble, bless his heart. He means well and is trying everything under the sun to make Joseph Smith come true for him. There is something to be said for his persistence and willingness to continue on a course the world sees as a doomed venture and exercise in futility.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Ed1 wrote:
While I got it wrong last time, this time I stand by this result, with full confidence in it.

I think you are the only person on earth and the only person who will ever be on this earth that believes you got it right, this time around.

Ed1 wrote:
My work is a pioneering effort, where I go where nobody else will go, Gee and Muhlstien included will not go there.

I won’t go there either. Toss me in with them.

Ed1 wrote:
And since nobody else will, somebody has to, or it won't get done.

Not even the Lord through his prophets will get it done accept it be through you, Ed. That puts you in a very high position, so it seems.

Ed1 wrote:
And the one that has to, has to end up either absorbing the criticism, or learn to let it bounce off, and keep going.

You have the rest of your life to experience these things.

Ed1 wrote:
The fact that you are blind to what was just presented shows you don't have the slightest comprehension of what is going on in ptolemaic era hieroglyphs with deliberate multiple levels of meaning.

Neither did Joseph Smith! The poor guy thought those hieroglyphs were some 3,500 years old. He said so, in the name of JESUS CHRIST and in stating his authority as President of the Church and the prophet to the whole world. You did read his address on this subject that I’ve quoted multiple times, did you not? All I care about is what Joseph Smith said. That is all that matters to me.

Ed1 wrote:
Its the same as how in the Old Testament, Jacob's wrestling with the angel means nothing of the sort, except to show his mental effort of mental wrestling to commune with God when he was going through a ceremony in the mysteries that included an embrace. The wrestling was an embrace, and the word had a deliberate multiple layer attached.

Fantasy, myth, and things that people wrote to promulgate religion and maintain the faith.
Shulem
God

Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, 1843 address about the AGE of the mummies and papyrus

Post by Shulem »

• I proceed to answer you, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • the truth of revelation, or religion as promulgated by me, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • I have succeeded as a man of God, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • bold measures of receiving direct revelation from God, through the Comforter, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • Were I an Egyptian, I would exclaim Jah-oh-eh, Enish-go-on-dosh, Flo-ees-Flos-is-is; [O earth! the power of attraction, and the moon passing between her and the sun.] THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • embalming human bodies, and preserving them in the catacombs of Egypt, whereby men, women and children as mummies, after a lapse of near THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS, come forth among the living, and although dead, the papyrus which has lived in their bosoms, unharmed, speaks for them
  • The spirit of prophesy is the testimony of Jesus, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • I who have witnessed the visions of Eternity; and beheld the glories of the mansions of bliss, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • I who have heard the voice of God, and communed with angels; and spake as moved by the Holy Ghost, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • I, who hold the keys of the last kingdom, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • The whole earth shall bear me witness that I, like the towering rock in the midst of the ocean, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • I combat the errors of the ages; I meet the violence of mobs; I cope with illegal proceedings from executive authority; I cut the Gordian knot of powers; and I solve mathematical problems of Universities: WITH TRUTH, diamond truth, and God is my ‘right hand man.’ THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • let me say in the name of Jesus Christ to you, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »

Last edited by Ed1 on Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise; seek what they sought.” ― Matsuo Basho
Shulem
God

Re: Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, 1843 address about the AGE of the mummies and papyrus

Post by Shulem »

Ed1 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:45 pm
Shulem wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:53 pm
  • I proceed to answer you, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • the truth of revelation, or religion as promulgated by me, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • I have succeeded as a man of God, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • bold measures of receiving direct revelation from God, through the Comforter, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • Were I an Egyptian, I would exclaim Jah-oh-eh, Enish-go-on-dosh, Flo-ees-Flos-is-is; [O earth! the power of attraction, and the moon passing between her and the sun.] THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • embalming human bodies, and preserving them in the catacombs of Egypt, whereby men, women and children as mummies, after a lapse of near THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS, come forth among the living, and although dead, the papyrus which has lived in their bosoms, unharmed, speaks for them
  • The spirit of prophesy is the testimony of Jesus, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • I who have witnessed the visions of Eternity; and beheld the glories of the mansions of bliss, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • I who have heard the voice of God, and communed with angels; and spake as moved by the Holy Ghost, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • I, who hold the keys of the last kingdom, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • The whole earth shall bear me witness that I, like the towering rock in the midst of the ocean, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • I combat the errors of the ages; I meet the violence of mobs; I cope with illegal proceedings from executive authority; I cut the Gordian knot of powers; and I solve mathematical problems of Universities: WITH TRUTH, diamond truth, and God is my ‘right hand man.’ THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
  • let me say in the name of Jesus Christ to you, THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED YEARS
See Paul, you can try to jam this stuff down my throat as much as you want.
I'm not bound by it.
I'm ultimately bound by (1) What is canonized scripture
and (2) by a lesser degree by what is intended to be taken as revelation, such as the Kirtlands Egyptian Papers,
and (3) what prophets speak in our day as what I am to live by as dictated by Institutional revelation by in my *orthopraxy* to keep myself worthy,( but even institutional revelation does not dictate what my private beliefs ought to be in unsettled areas, beyond core truth claims such as this)
and by (4) What the spirit speaks to me, since I am independent of any other creature as to my own light.
Therefore (5) I am not bound by or to Joseph Smith. I am ultimately bound by the Spirit. I can build upon Joseph Smith when what he produced makes sense, not when it didn't make sense.

THEREFORE:

When the spirit of truth, in the case of facsimile #3, dictated something that is to be taken as revelation that: thus and such was written above so and so's hand or head, and such and such was contained in it, then the Spirit of Truth said something that is to be taken as fact.

When Egyptology has failed us to show what it was that was written, then something else is there. What is it? It is beyond Egyptology, and requires a new type of analysis to be elucidated. How? By reverse engineering it until you get results. And when you get results, it sheds light on how the rest ought to be reverse engineered. I have documented the process of Reverse Engineering in the book that I posted a link to, that you ignore, that builds upon the process that I have had to develop myself, because Egyptology has failed in a sense, to bring forth what I had to figure out how myself, to systematically bring forth. You think it isn't reproducible. Your wrong. It is. And it will be judged as such when it really matters. Furthermore, it is a record for those that actually want to know the truth, because they know not where to find it, who want to believe, but have nothing else to hold on to, who are pure in heart, something you are not. It is for their sake, not yours. I have finally got a vision about what all this is about, and why I had to do what I had to do in spite of you, in spite of Vogel and in spite of Gee, and in spite of hell itself.

It follows all of the precedents that I have already established. I don't give a rats if you or Vogel or Gee ignore the process that is documented. I am a pioneer, a trail blazer, who has to do what it takes to get results when everyone else is blind and has either given up, or has lied about the fact that results can be produced.

I'm not expecting you to accept anything I produced. I'm documenting what I produced so that a record is kept so that the process is documented for future generations, and those that build on what I produced, when they finally realize what it is. It is not for you, not for Vogel, and not for Gee. It is not for you to judge. It is a record for you to be judged by, when future generations judge what transpired here, and find you wanting. Its like the handwriting on the wall for you. Its for you to not realize what the heck it is, and for you to dismiss, like the son of Nebuchadnezzar. Keep it up. I have a different vision than I even had a couple of months ago about what is really going on here in the sense of what my mission in life is. It doesn't matter if you think that to be a delusion of grandeur. It doesn't matter one iota what you say, or think. This is for the people that need it, not for you, when they find such things, and actually think through the implications.

THANK YOU for posting your statement and making your views known. I trust that interested readers will understand and determine how to interpret all these things to the best of their own ability and go from there. Readers will weigh the evidence, analyze what they have read, and draw their own conclusions.
Marcus
God

Re: Cracked Pharaoh's Name in Facsimile #3

Post by Marcus »

Ed1 wrote:
Actually, when things are actually deciphered properly, and it all "fits the bill" where "the shoe fits," it shows that this whole enterprise is set up deliberately in a way that will never give you what you are after as a critic without faith, not being a believer, and that was the point here. It is not a sideshow to give you a sign to consume on your lusts. There is no way even with the actual work being done to show the proper results, that you would ever accept those results. I knew that once I actually found it, and I knew it very well before I posted it. That stands as a testimony against you, that even when the results are given that you are too clouded to accept them. This is why it makes no sense to communicate with you, and why I no longer respond to any and every message you spew, but carefully select the ones I choose to respond to now. I owe you nothing, and I owe nobody on this forum anything.

That's not quite true, Ed1. You are responding in the Celestial forum, where there is the expectation of a level of decorum that you are not adhering to. Please clean up your comments. Shulem has been extremely gracious to you, and you have continued to respond with rudeness and insults.
...The fact that you are blind to what was just presented shows you don't have the slightest comprehension of what is going on in ptolemaic era hieroglyphs with deliberate multiple levels of meaning.
Given that you have shown no evidence whatsoever that anyone in the academic world agrees with ANY of your assumptions, it seems that you are the one with a comprehension problem.
Ed1 wrote:
no one is trying to jam anything down anyone's throat. Except for maybe you, with your repeated insults.
It doesn't matter one iota what you say, or think. This is for the people that need it, not for you, when they find such things, and actually think through the implications.
great. Then no need to be rude about it. And by the way, Shulem really does think through implications, to a significant extent. I have learned a tremendous amount from his research. I'm sure you also could learn quite a bit from him.
Shulem
God

John Gee

Post by Shulem »

The name of “King Pharaoh” written above the head of Isis in the Mormon Facsimile is on par and on the same level as John Gee’s favorite theory that there is a missing roll consisting of the Book of Abraham in which he thinks he could translate.

Isn’t that right, John?

Before you translate the missing roll, do tell me the name of the king? Then you may proceed and translate the missing roll.
Shulem
God

Re: Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, 1843 address about the AGE of the mummies and papyrus

Post by Shulem »

Ed1 wrote:
Shulem wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:53 pm
I'm not bound by it.
I'm ultimately bound by (1) What is canonized scripture
and (2) by a lesser degree by what is intended to be taken as revelation, such as the Kirtlands Egyptian Papers,
and (3) what prophets speak in our day as what I am to live by as dictated by Institutional revelation by in my *orthopraxy* to keep myself worthy,( but even institutional revelation does not dictate what my private beliefs ought to be in unsettled areas, beyond core truth claims such as this)
and by (4) What the spirit speaks to me, since I am independent of any other creature as to my own light.
Therefore (5) I am not bound by or to Joseph Smith. I am ultimately bound by the Spirit. I can build upon Joseph Smith when what he produced makes sense, not when it didn't make sense.

Ed,

You are only bound by what you choose to be bound by. Nobody can force you to believe anything and you aren’t living in Nauvoo under the shadow of Joseph Smith. You see, if you were living in Nauvoo back in 1843 when Joseph Smith made his public address you would find that the Latter-day Saints considered themselves bound by the teachings of the living prophet who held the keys to the final dispensation and was speaking to the saints under the direct influence of the Holy Spirit. It was given as a revelation of God although not canonized in the D&C, as yet. Smith died the following year and the Church went into a wilderness of confusion.

So, do as you like my friend and believe whatever floats your boat. I just want you to be happy and enjoy life in peace.

Shulem