“King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Re: Noah's Pre-Egypt

Post by bill4long »

Father Francis wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 4:48 pm
He used his "seer stones" to find buried gold, then later claimed to translate buried golden plate scriptures with "seer stones" in a hat?
In fact, he "used" one of the same "seer stones" to "translate" the Book of Mormon that he "used" in several of his "money digging" cons. Picture of it here:

The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Shulem wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:59 pm
Tilt! Game over!
The game has been over for some time. Any new stuff is taking a new swing at the now-defunct pinball machine with a sledge hammer. :D
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Re: “King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

Post by bill4long »

Shulem wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:30 pm
Gee, Muhlestein, and Smoot will not be able to solve the problem of the missing king's name or make the problem disappear. No matter how hard they twist and bend, they will never produce a king’s name from the nine hieroglyphs in which Smith interpreted. They will try and force a Catalyst solution to solve the problem but will fail in the attempt and I will bat them down instantly. How about a Catalyst solution for Smith translating the so-called reformed hieroglyphics on the fake gold plates hidden under a cloth while Smith’s head was buried in his hat? There too, Smith used a Catalyst to translate another FAKE book. It is all fake!
And why stop there? The Catalyst Solution is the universal answer to any problem where empirical evidence contradicts one of Joe's "prophetic" productions. For example, regarding the Kinderhook Plates, William Clayton (Joe's personal secretary) wrote, "I have seen 6 brass plates ... covered with ancient characters of language containing from 30 to 40 on each side of the plates. Prest J. [Joseph Smith] has translated a portion and says they contain the history of the person with whom they were found and he was a descendant of Ham through the loins of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and that he received his kingdom from the ruler of heaven and earth."

It doesn't matter that the Kinderhook Plates were fake. The Catalyst Solution to the rescue!
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

In memory of all the Egyptian characters that Joe used, misused and abused...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv6tuzHUuuk

--Bill

Shulem
God

Mormon Stories Podcast

Post by Shulem »

Shout out from the Backyard Professor!

What is the King's name?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

So was this the Prince of Egypt from Facsimile #3?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Moksha wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:43 pm
So was this the Prince of Egypt from Facsimile #3?
Joe said Isis was the Prince. Or the Pharaoh. Or something. I can't quite remember.

But Joe got it wrong. And Isis is not well pleased. I have this on good authority via my Seer Stone.
Shulem
God

Re: Mormon Stories Podcast

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:41 pm
Shout out from the Backyard Professor!

What is the King's name?

The bottom line is that apologists cannot defend Joseph Smith’s published Explanations for Facsimile No. 3. It’s over. They cannot incorporate conventional Egyptology as their method to justify the false interpretations and translations tendered by a man who pretended to understand Egyptian. It’s impossible and cannot be done. Neither can they defend the Missing Roll theory because even the so-called missing papyrus would have been wrongly interpreted and translated in the same false manner as were the characters and writing of Facsimile No. 3. All of the Egyptian hieroglyphs Smith ever deciphered were done in a manner proven totally false by modern Egyptology. Facsimiles, extant papyrus, missing fragments, Kirtland Egyptian Papers – it all bears testimony that Smith couldn’t decipher the Egyptian language. All of it was some kind of catalyst within his own mind in order to fabricate the Book of Abraham story which history in and of itself is totally false. The nation of Egypt was well established long before so-called Noah ever floated on an ark wherein Ham’s Egyptus discovered the wet Delta lands. The origin story of the Book of Abraham is ABSOLUTELY false. It is NOT conventional Egyptology and is outside the bounds of established chronology. I charge Egyptologist John Gee to prove otherwise.

I challenge John Gee! Let us set the record straight.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Father Francis wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 4:48 pm
Shulem wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 3:59 pm

It was so refreshing to see a critic of the Book of Abraham bring up those points and in such a conclusive way. The placement of Egyptian chronology as it relates to biblical chronology as given by Joseph Smith in the Book of Abraham and its connections with Smith's biblical chronology in his other revelations is the ultimate SMOKING GUN that Smith was wrong in relying on literal chronology of the Bible as maintained by Christians of his day. This has pulled the curtain away and mathematically proves that Smith was a false prophet. Tilt! Game over!

I expect this matter to be enlarged and broadcasted in the near future. It is the monster under the bed for Mormon Egyptologists. Once this matter becomes more public and expressed in simply terms it will be over for the Book of Abraham. The Church doesn’t have a leg to stand on. The apologists cannot defend false chronology and maintain any credibility in the world.

I hope the Backyard Professor runs a special on this at some point. As I say, it is the ultimate smoking gun in the Book of Abraham and it destroys the text and the story. To heck with the Facsimiles which are small potatoes. The actual text of the chapters can now be nuked by its own false chronology!

It’s over.

Philo, are you there? Just give me a signal that you’re there? This is really, really, big stuff. It’s my ultimate Book of Abraham trump card. It’s the highest card in my deck. And now YOU know.
It's just the Emperor's New Clothes at this point. Then again, it always was. Joseph Smith was a con man raised by a con man.

He used his "seer stones" to find buried gold, then later claimed to translate buried golden plate scriptures with "seer stones" in a hat?

Utter nonsense.
I am definitely here! Yes, chronology is serious KEY to it all. But couldn't Mormons just use Pre-Dynastic Egypt as a metaphor for Abraham's Premortal existence? :lol:
Shulem
God

Wow, just wow.

Post by Shulem »

Believe it or NOT!

Here is the signature line on the front page of Pearl of Great Price Central:

https://www.pearlofgreatpricecentral.org/ wrote:Building faith in Jesus Christ by making the Pearl of Great Price accessible, comprehensible, and defensible to the entire world.

How does Pearl of Great Price Central make the Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 defensible to the entire world? The WORLD rejects the Explanations of Facsimile No. 3, totally and completely. The WORLD rejects the story about how and when Egypt came into existence as outlined in Abraham chapter one.

Pearl of Great Price Central is an enemy to world scholarship and an enemy to Egyptology in general. The lines have been set. Battles have been fought and the war is over. The Book of Abraham has lost the war and the credibility of Mormon scholars is shot. Apologists deal cards based on deception and lies. Morality has gone out the window! How low can these people sink?