“King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Ryan Larsen
Sunbeam

Re: “King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

Post by Ryan Larsen »

Well, you guys, both mental and physical health issues have me focused even more intensely on them, so I really need to force myself to break away for a month or so. I need to avoid going back to the hospital.

Of course, if I were to die I would more powerful as an apologist than you can possibly imagine (In the voice of Obi-Wan during the scene where he fought Vader in Episode IV)

I am grateful we can talk things out and be friends. I’ll be back!
CarolineLloyd

Post by CarolineLloyd »

Hi King,
Nice profile picture
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

CarolineLloyd wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:12 am
Hi King,
Nice profile picture

Okay.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem, is there any truth to the conjecture that Hagoth's main objective was to profit from the shipping industry by retrieving the ingredients to make fry sauce? Forgive me if that has already been covered or sounds overly apologetic.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Ryan Larsen wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:19 pm
Well, you guys, both mental and physical health issues have me focused even more intensely on them, so I really need to force myself to break away for a month or so. I need to avoid going back to the hospital.

Of course, if I were to die I would more powerful as an apologist than you can possibly imagine (In the voice of Obi-Wan during the scene where he fought Vader in Episode IV)

I am grateful we can talk things out and be friends. I’ll be back!
Oh I hope you get feeling better Ryan! Blessings! I'm sorry illness has cropped up. You can beat this, I have faith in ya. Please post as you are able.
CarolineLloyd

Post by CarolineLloyd »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:50 pm
CarolineLloyd wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:12 am
Hi King,
Nice profile picture

Okay.
Thanks for get in touch me "King" :)
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Is it not literally astonishing, absolutely breath taking, stunning, and incredible that it is ex-Mormons who quote Joseph Smith to the Mormons in order for their actual knowledge to align up with God instead of the apostate world??? Shulem has demonstrated with mountains of evidence that Joseph Smith from God Himself has declared duly, with Melchizedek Priesthood authority that the age of the mummies and papyri are 3,500 years old, and it is the Mormon apologists who are arguing about it! Astounding, truly a-s-t-o-u-n-d-i-n-g! It's not the ex-Mormons who are apostate, it is the Melchizedek Priesthood holding Mormon apologists who are apostate and fighting against what Joseph Smith said, first and foremost the BYU apostate John Gee. Just incredible! And the apostate Mormon Jeff Lindsay and others simply follow along like good little obedient apostate lambs after their real hero John Gee, who has never been right about any of his own concocted ad hoc excuses and theories for why Joseph Smith's translations do not pan out and are grossly incorrect. This is a very weird age we are living in and witnessing...
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:31 pm
Astounding, truly a-s-t-o-u-n-d-i-n-g!

I love to quote Joseph Smith into the ears of wretched apologists and while doing so remind them that the prophet was wrong. What can they say? They can’t refute the simple fact that the prophet was wrong. He was wrong! The mummies and papyrus were not 3,500 years old. I don’t care how many times Joseph Smith said so. Joseph Smith was wrong. There is nothing the apologists can do to salvage the solemn declaration Smith formerly published in the Times and Seasons. It’s as loud and forceful as anything he ever said in the Doctrine and Covenants and with it he states his authority and makes the declaration as if it came from God himself. Smith claimed to be speaking for and in behalf of God. He did that kind of thing all the time and published those so-called revelations, many of which are in the D&C.

Joseph Smith was wrong. It’s as simple as that.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:15 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:31 pm
Astounding, truly a-s-t-o-u-n-d-i-n-g!

I love to quote Joseph Smith into the ears of wretched apologists and while doing so remind them that the prophet was wrong. What can they say? They can’t refute the simple fact that the prophet was wrong. He was wrong! The mummies and papyrus were not 3,500 years old. I don’t care how many times Joseph Smith said so. Joseph Smith was wrong. There is nothing the apologists can do to salvage the solemn declaration Smith formerly published in the Times and Seasons. It’s as loud and forceful as anything he ever said in the Doctrine and Covenants and with it he states his authority and makes the declaration as if it came from God himself. Smith claimed to be speaking for and in behalf of God. He did that kind of thing all the time and published those so-called revelations, many of which are in the D&C.

Joseph Smith was wrong. It’s as simple as that.
Yes, ironic that Joseph Smith is our key, not the Mormon apologists, to make our arguments against his translations fundamentally sound and literally solid.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

If the apologists for the Saints were to admit that Joseph Smith made up his translation of the Book of Abraham, what would happen?

Could they soften the blow with the point that his imaginative creation was not intended to bolster racism in the Church, but was something thrust upon him because his followers actually believed he could translate these papyri?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace