Ghost in Babylon

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Re: Eternal Marriage

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:35 am
Shulem wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:58 pm
Ancient Egypt was an amazing society and little wonder it lasted longer than any other civilization.
Didn't China last longer?

Yeah, let me restate:

By the time dynastic Egypt concluded it had lasted longer than any other ancient civilization.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:19 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:12 pm
So I was sorta close on this. There are distinctions between the two, but also crossover in the intents or purposes of the rites. They both serve as part of a promotion (advancement), but also as part of promotion (marketing, adherence).

Yeah, pretty much the bottom line is religion is always about maintaining power and making money at the same time. Whether in ancient Egypt or in modern Mormonism, power and money go hand in hand.
I understand why you think that, but I entirely disagree. You are too much into imagining modern views/forms of religion were the same as the ancient ones, with the same goals. They simply were not. One of the singular most impressive, not to say important books I have read in the last 10 years is Brian C. Maruresku "The Immortality Key." I am working (enjoyably) through it for the third time in the last 2 months, and am totally enjoying learning that ancient religion was not like you are portraying here. No offense amigo.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:16 am
Shulem wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:19 pm

Yeah, pretty much the bottom line is religion is always about maintaining power and making money at the same time. Whether in ancient Egypt or in modern Mormonism, power and money go hand in hand.
I understand why you think that, but I entirely disagree. You are too much into imagining modern views/forms of religion were the same as the ancient ones, with the same goals. They simply were not. One of the singular most impressive, not to say important books I have read in the last 10 years is Brian C. Maruresku "The Immortality Key." I am working (enjoyably) through it for the third time in the last 2 months, and am totally enjoying learning that ancient religion was not like you are portraying here. No offense amigo.

It's perfectly okay to disagree, my friend.

I think we can agree, however, that the desire for women, money, and wine, is as ancient as it is modern.

;)
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:43 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:16 am

It's perfectly okay to disagree, my friend.

I think we can agree, however, that the desire for women, money, and wine, is as ancient as it is modern.

;)
Lol.... that depends on which part of the population you are talking about... the war against women from an institutionalized situation has been atrocious for the last 2,000 years at least. And the silly war against entheogenic hallucinatory drugs is just outright stupid. But then, it makes organized church religion entirely irrelevant if access to God can happen without church getting in the way, so it makes sense. It's not religion which is the culprit as Maruresku clearly demonstrates with fascinating history, its the stupid paranoid men in charge of organized church who cause all the problems, the dumb asses.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:06 pm
its the stupid paranoid men in charge of organized church who cause all the problems, the dumb asses.

I agree but your statement is a little harsh up here in the Celestial Forum. You might rephrase that in a manner that is less offensive to those who attend an organized church run by men. Just saying. ;)
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:57 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:06 pm
its the stupid paranoid men in charge of organized church who cause all the problems, the dumb asses.

I agree but your statement is a little harsh up here in the Celestial Forum. You might rephrase that in a manner that is less offensive to those who attend an organized church run by men. Just saying. ;)
True, I should call them blind guides. That's even worse, considering they imagine and brag they have the eye of God and can prophesy...