Jeff Lindsay and Stephen O. Smoot take aim at Dan Vogel over “Shinehah”

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Prophet, seer, revelator, TRANSLATOR?

Post by Shulem »

The truth is that Joseph Smith couldn’t read Egyptian hieroglyphs and I suspect that President Nelson can’t either. I think it may be safe to say that every single Church President since Joseph Smith was not able to read the ancient language and could not have translated the Egyptian records purchased by the Church in Kirtland Ohio.

The Church continues to make fantastic claims. That’s all they are, “claims”, nothing more. Anyone can claim anything they want but that doesn’t make it true. Truth is knowledge of things as they are, were, and are to come. The very definition of truth does not bode well for Mormon truth claims which can’t be backed up or substantiated in realism. It’s all fantasy! Isn’t that right, President Nelson?

Shulem
God

Stephen O. Smoot

Post by Shulem »

Stephen,

No doubt you’re an intelligent and educated person. No doubt you understand most of the issues involving the Book of Abraham controversy and have managed to somehow sort them out in your own mind and arrange them on your various shelves of faith and controversy. Been there, done that!

Look, don’t try to save the Book of Abraham. Don’t waste your career as John Gee has. It’s a lost cause. Don’t do it. Just stop. Do the right thing!
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Prophet, seer, revelator, TRANSLATOR?

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:56 pm
The truth is that Joseph Smith couldn’t read Egyptian hieroglyphs and I suspect that President Nelson can’t either. I think it may be safe to say that every single Church President since Joseph Smith was not able to read the ancient language and could not have translated the Egyptian records purchased by the Church in Kirtland Ohio.

The Church continues to make fantastic claims. That’s all they are, “claims”, nothing more. Anyone can claim anything they want but that doesn’t make it true. Truth is knowledge of things as they are, were, and are to come. The very definition of truth does not bode well for Mormon truth claims which can’t be backed up or substantiated in realism. It’s all fantasy! Isn’t that right, President Nelson?

Anybody can look at it... so what? Can he translate it correctly is THE issue. I love the PR pose though. clever by only 1/3 these days. They don't even get halfway anymore, and I am being extremely generous giving them a third...
Shulem
God

Re: Prophet, seer, revelator, TRANSLATOR?

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:50 pm

Anybody can look at it... so what? Can he translate it correctly is THE issue. I love the PR pose though. clever by only 1/3 these days. They don't even get halfway anymore, and I am being extremely generous giving them a third...

Neat, tidy, and organized is how President Nelson desires to portray himself. No doubt he is provided with a clean and pressed white shirt and suit on a daily basis. His staff dresses him, feeds him, and provides him the finest medical and physical attention money can buy. Church funds are endless when it comes to the medical care of the prophet. Spare no expense and dress him in a suit and make him look as perfect as possible.

Notice the desk, how neat and organized everything is. But there are things to be noticed that most people won’t bother to notice. But I do, and I’ll point them out.

Two medical masks set to the side while the prophet speaks, each used simultaneously, so it seems. Just as Wrigley’s Doublemint gum, doubles one’s chewing pleasure, a pair of masks doubles the protection and prevents someone on Nelson’s personal staff from infecting him with Covid-19.

A full array of medical products are readily available in front of the twin screens of his computer.

1. Box of Kleenex tissue (no cheap brands, only the best products for the prophet).
2. Two bottles of different brands of hand sanitizer for double protection!!
3. Bottle of white hand lotion.

Now notice all the icons on the desktop of the left computer screen with a high quality webcam mounted on top. And look at all those icons! They are obviously arranged and probably serve to provide quick access to all of the programs utilized by Nelson. Notice particularly that at the far right seems to be a lone Facebook icon by itself. That probably links to the “Official account for President Russell M. Nelson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.” There appears to be several Facebook icons on the desktop. This suggests that this is how the prophet spends his time while browsing the computer -- Facebook.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Re: Jeff Lindsay and Stephen O. Smoot take aim at Dan Vogel over “Shinehah”

Post by bill4long »

Come on, folks, let's take this to the full lyrical touchdown.

Shine hah hah, hah hah hah, hah hah hah, when your mother's gone...

Shine hah hah, hah hah hah, hah hah hah, when your free will (a.k.a. Mormonspeak "free agency"), doncha know, is approaching dead and gone

--Bill
Last edited by bill4long on Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

P.S. the Brethren worship a hippie.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Hehe.

--Bill

The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Sadly he has passed, but please don't forget Eduard Khil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM