The First Vision

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Any Vision?

Post by Shulem »

Has President Nelson seen God?

This man talks the talk but does he walk the walk?

I don’t think so. The excuse given by Mormon apostles and prophets that special spiritual experiences are too sacred to talk about and therefore they cannot testify of them is because they don’t actually receive them and they don’t want the members to know that. But were these spiritual experiences too sacred for Joseph Smith to talk about? No, they were not! Smith bore testimony and he marked with emphasis that the most important thing he could ever testify is that God lives for he saw him!

Has President Nelson seen God? I don’t believe he has. Neither do I believe he has felt the prints of the nails in the hands and feet of a resurrected Jesus. I don’t believe that Nelson has experienced any kind of grand vision that Smith claimed to have. He talks the talk but doesn’t walk the walk. Does that make him a hypocrite? I believe it does and am not ashamed to say that the pious apostles and prophets of Mormonism have been putting on airs and their testimonies are a show with little substance.

No, President Nelson has not seen God. Nor has he seen his body of flesh and bone. The scriptures testify that when prophets see God they are to record the witness and testify of that event. But Mormon prophets have been hiding behind their failures and calling it all too sacred because they are unable to justify or excuse their failures.
Shulem
God

Mormonism Live

Post by Shulem »

A new podcast featuring Radio Free Mormon and Bill Reel on the First Vision accounts was released on Mormonism Live: First Vision Apologetics

They touch upon apologetics and some key differences between the visionary accounts described by the prophet Joseph Smith. The show is worth watching for those who have interest in understanding First Vision apologetics.

HOWEVER, I was sorely disappointed because this podcast failed to mention supporting evidence presented in this thread which shows how Smith's vision changed when he got the 1835 papyrus and contemplated the plurality of the gods. I've brought this up to RFM's personal attention several times but it seems to have had no effect on him because he doesn't mention Smith's later address about the papyrus in the podcast. Nor does he show how the papyrus by Smith's own admission is what brought him to the knowledge that God is plural in the physical sense.

So, I was disappointed, for sure.
Shulem
God

Re: The First Vision

Post by Shulem »

Bumped for Elizabeth to help her understand how Joseph Smith was playing God and that everything he ever said was always about him and how great he is in saving his people from their sins.

Yes, Joseph Smith became the NEW Jesus Christ manifested in mortal flesh for all to behold.

THAT is what Mormonism was all about.