The Benefits of Living a Mormon Lifestyle

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Father Francis
Bishop

Re: The Benefits of Living a Mormon Lifestyle

Post by Father Francis »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:09 pm
On average, living a lifestyle free from addictive substances and LEARNING, let me say that again, LEARNING how to be happy can be one of the best decisions one can make while living here on this wonderful planet

Never had caffeine?

I say this as a full blown addict years deep in recovery.

Judge not lest ye be judged with that same judgement...
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Father Francis wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:27 am
Atlanticmike wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:09 pm
On average, living a lifestyle free from addictive substances and LEARNING, let me say that again, LEARNING how to be happy can be one of the best decisions one can make while living here on this wonderful planet

Never had caffeine?

It's ok, you don't have to be jealous. And yes, I don't drink caffeine. At first it was because of the WoW, but now it's because I don't want to deal with the headaches you get if there's no caffeine in your system. I know this is going to shock you, but no one needs caffeine to get through the day🤯🤯. I know that's blasphemy to most, but it's true. Last time I had caffeine I took a sip of an energy drink my daughter had and after drinking it my wife made me go outside and wouldn't let me back in until I calmed down.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:56 am
Father Francis wrote:
Never had caffeine?

It's ok, you don't have to be jealous. And yes, I don't drink caffeine. At first it was because of the WoW, but now it's because I don't want to deal with the headaches you get if there's no caffeine in your system. I know this is going to shock you, but no one needs caffeine to get through the day🤯🤯. I know that's blasphemy to most, but it's true. Last time I had caffeine I took a sip of an energy drink my daughter had and after drinking it my wife made me go outside and wouldn't let me back in until I calmed down.
Sounds more like they put some cocaine in your drink. Caffeine just ain't that strong.

No one said I was jealous and I never said I drink caffeine. I don't. Not to mention the WoW never mentions caffeine and even says it isn't a commandment Recently LDS the leadership said it isn't about caffeine.... what was your point again?

"Beta boy" can't handle caffeine, I guess.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I get happy just walking by the coffee grinder in the grocery store. Must not have a true blue Saint sense of smell.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Father Francis wrote:

Never had caffeine?

Good for you! To paraphrase somebody famous, quitting coffee is easy. I've done it hundreds of times. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I think adopting a healthy lifestyle is a good thing, regardless of the source promoting it.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

The Word of Wisdom and teachings on morality are most certainly a benefit. :)
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Father Francis wrote:

Never had caffeine?

I drank large quantities of sugar free cola for over a decade, with no noticeable caffeine effect. Then terrible headaches began happening whenever my consumption decreased. I also picked up a coffee habit, but about 2 years ago switched to decaf which tastes weak. Now I drink French Silk Decaf with Chocolate Bean Envy, Stevita and cream. Say goodbye to the headaches while enjoying the benefits of omega 3.

Hot means high temperature; coffee and tea are examples of beverages that MAY be consumed above 145 degrees, that the FDA has issued a warning about. Have a clue people. :lol:
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:49 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:

Good for you! To paraphrase somebody famous, quitting coffee is easy. I've done it hundreds of times. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I think adopting a healthy lifestyle is a good thing, regardless of the source promoting it.
I had a patient once tell me regarding smoking, “I quit.” (Pause) “Every night before I go to bed.”
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7