Sex Prophets

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Sex Prophets

Post by bill4long »

Okay, Joe "married" a bunch of women. How many did he had sex with? I don't know. And nobody knows, and I really don't care. The thing is, women, well, at least a subset of women, have always been attracted to the "sex prophets." Just look at the rock and roll stars. How are they any different? Except for the lying about getting them to the Celestial Kingdom and all that rubbish.

So, I've never been all that interested in Joe's sexcapades, spiritual wifery or "plural marrage." Most of the wimmen who agreed with his demands probably wanted it for whatever reason, whether it be ego, orgasms or social standing, or ?. Granted, some didn't and felt coerced. Esp the young girls. That's just awful. But what about the rest?

--Bill
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Alas
Nursery

Re: Sex Prophets

Post by Alas »

bill4long wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:40 pm
Okay, Joe "married" a bunch of women. How many did he had sex with? I don't know. And nobody knows, and I really don't care. The thing is, women, well, at least a subset of women, have always been attracted to the "sex prophets." Just look at the rock and roll stars. How are they any different? Except for the lying about getting them to the Celestial Kingdom and all that rubbish.

So, I've never been all that interested in Joe's sexcapades, spiritual wifery or "plural marrage." Most of the wimmen who agreed with his demands probably wanted it for whatever reason, whether it be ego, orgasms or social standing, or ?. Granted, some didn't and felt coerced. Esp the young girls. That's just awful. But what about the rest?

--Bill
The difference between Joe and a promiscuous rock star, is that no one ever asked me to hold the rock star as being a prophet of God, or that I should consider the rock star’s relationship with God or knowledge of truth to be superior to my own.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

[duplicate]
Last edited by bill4long on Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Alas wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:41 am
The difference between Joe and a promiscuous rock star, is that no one ever asked me to hold the rock star as being a prophet of God, or that I should consider the rock star’s relationship with God or knowledge of truth to be superior to my own.
I think it's a good thing to resist exploitation. Whether it's from the pimp on the street "managing" his girls, or "prophet, seers, and revelators" who demand 10% from the gullible, who control 100s of billions of dollars, and hardly give a pittance to the poor and needy.

When people ask, "what would Jesus do?", I don't really have an answer, because I don't speak for Jesus or anyone else, but I'm pretty sure it would not be what the Mormonite "prophets, seers, and revelators" do.

Exploitation with very little informed consent.

Can I get an amen?

Now, hear this, Mormonite "prophets, seers and revelators", if you really follow Jesus, why don't you do what Jesus said? Start washing some feet. It's about humility. (John 13:12.)

Now, before anyone starthing thinking about a Mormonite ritual, that I won't mention here, Jesus was washing the feet from real humans who had camel dung and dirt on their feet. Not the feet of prosperous men in nice Brooks Brother's suits. The point was humility and service and genuine agape. To the lowest degree. Read the texts. It's obvious.

Humility. Real agape.

Well, Jesus said so, anyway.

I don't know about you, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the Mormonite "prophets, seers and revelators" are not anything close to actual apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ (assuming he exists) as described and prescribed in the New Testament.

They just don't match the job description.

--Bill
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Wasn't there at least one of the wives, whose husband had been sent on a mission, who succumbed to Joseph's advances in order to keep herself fed?

Can also imagine Nancy Rigdon saying, "Look, as long as that Angel has his sword drawn, who am I to stop him."
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace