Eternal Questions and Answers.

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Moksha
God

Re: .......

Post by Moksha »

Compartmentalization is an essential process in maintaining LDS beliefs.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

New Mural in Renovated Salt Lake Temple
(Nephi defending the stolen Golden Plates from being repossessed by bounty hunters)
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:34 pm
New Mural in Renovated Salt Lake Temple
(Nephi defending the stolen Golden Plates from being repossessed by bounty hunters)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I like your humor my penguin friend, even though some are annoyed by it.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:01 am
Schrödinger's cat alters time to make Mormonism true
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beautiful!
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Canadian TV show The Fifth Estate discusses the Church's wealth accumulation and the methods used to achieve it.

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2092146755788
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Sacrificing Board Posts for the Greater Good

A post on the old MAD board once proved the Book of Mormon was true. Unfortunately, it and most other posts needed to be removed when Dr. Daniel Peterson was requested to testify in the Brian David Mitchell trial (Elizabeth Smart). It was feared that the defense lawyer would use the MAD posts corpus to impeach Dr. Peterson's testimony. No use searching, that proof of the truthfulness of the Book has been removed from the earth. However, Dr. Peterson's testimony at the trial did help establish that Mitchell was not an Old Testament prophet, which if left unchallenged may have swayed a Utah jury (It cannot be overemphasized how influential a person can be when claiming the mantle of a prophet and practicing plural marriage).

The suspect information at the MAD board needed to be sacrificed for the greater end so that Dr. Peterson could bear his witness. It was a fruitful Exhortation and Testimony Meeting. Mitchell was lucky he was not fitted with a noose and placed on a bucking tapir that day once Dr. Peterson finished with "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen".

What would have impeached Dr. Peterson's testimony? Why Saintly apologetics, of course!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Eternal Questions and Answers.

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Elizabeth wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:38 am
I can truthfully say Lucifer and his followers have no place in my life nor power over me, they are not allowed anywhere near me. I keep my thoughts and actions pure.

At all times I have the love and protection of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.

Mwa ha ha ha ha. Dis Elizabit taught false tings. I showed her dee true power of eeevil. Mwa ha ha ha ha. En she rawn away like scared skool girl. Mwa ha ha ha ha. Vwere vere her Jeezus and god then? I tink maybe dey’re scared, too?

Now.

Loook at me Elizabit. Looooook into dese eyes. I command dee to stay away from dese Intranets. I hab you now, Elizabit. Mw ha ha ha ha!

- posted from Moldova
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Eat Like An Egyptian

About 100 years ago archeologist Howard Carter was exploring the tomb of King Tut. Today I was watching Max Miller from Tasting History recreate a roast duck from that time.

This got me thinking about ancient Nephite recipes. Of course, we won't find the remains of such recipes from tombs, because no Nephite archeology exists, but was anything recorded in the Book of Mormon? Ancient bagels, lox, and cream cheese? Gefilte fish and matzo ball soup? Roaring fires, malt beer, ripe meat off the bone?

Max Miller and Tasting History: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QRNJB29p6o

It should come as no surprise that more is known about the dietary habits of Hobbits than Nephites. Professor Tolkien took longer to write his books and thus was able to delve into actual cultural and historic considerations of Middle Earth.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Proof the Church is True

CELESTIAL KINGDOM - Buffets will be serving Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, French, and Korean items with no tuna casseroles, funeral potatoes, Jell-O, or fry sauce in sight.
-- Management