The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Re: LDS Thoughts and DOCTRINE.

Post by Shulem »

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:09 am
112th section of D&C:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face. Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord. And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;"

THREATS, threats, and more threats! That is the fruits of Christian vengeance and hatred against actions by those who oppose Christian blood atonement.

I oppose the Christian blood atonement. I encourage others to oppose it too. Shun it. It is unhealthy and *is* the core doctrine of a cult that seeks to instill fear and danger into the hearts of anyone who doubts it or opposes it.

Jesus did not die for me. Not now, not ever. I don't care what anyone says. Say what they want but also know they will be opposed.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Elizabeth wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:55 am
Isaiah 55:8,9
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Therefore, do what I, Isaiah, tell you to do. Obey me. Listen to my prophecies and do as I direct. I AM speaking for the LORD. Obey me, now! Or perish. Those who oppose me, Isaiah, will die the death! Fear God! Fear the prophets! Obey us!
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:26 pm

And the shoes drop. The ones of death, suffering, and threats of destruction against those who reject the message given by Joseph Smith and that of fanatical Christianity which threaten the whole world and those who oppose ritualistic ideas of blood atonement and drinking blood for Jesus' sake.

I am not afraid of Mormon God or Christian God. Not now and not ever! I am not afraid of threats and fanatical ideas spouted by adherents who profess Christian vengeance.

Shulem, isnt blood atonement that Brigham Young idea that murders must have their blood shed to atone for the crime?

I was also wondering, if I remember correctly, Mormons drink water in rememberance of Jesus.

As far as those people who believe in transubstantiation they do not drink for Jesus sake but to receive spiritual gift from God.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:34 pm
Shulem, isnt blood atonement that Brigham Young idea that murders must have their blood shed to atone for the crime?

I was also wondering, if I remember correctly, Mormons drink water in rememberance of Jesus.

As far as those people who believe in transubstantiation they do not drink for Jesus sake but to receive spiritual gift from God.

huckelberry,

Blood atonement is for the forgiveness of sins whether by animal blood, human blood, or any other imagined blood. It is the blood that brings at-one-ment with God and there must be the spilling of blood and sacrifice. Brigham Young's blood atonement doctrine was additional crazy stuff invented by men all for the purposes of getting sins forgiven through the spilling of blood.

Whether one drinks blood, wine, water, or grape juice as a token or symbolism of blood being shed for sins, it's all part of blood atonement doctrine. Whether figurative or symbolic it's the doctrine that one must have blood spilt and one must adore that blood in order to get forgiven.

I really, really, dislike the blood atonement doctrine no matter how you slice it. It's definitely not for me! Jesus is not for me! It really, really, grosses me out and gives me the creeps. But that's just me and I understand others adore the precious blood of Christ. With that said, I do understand that others adore Christ's blood and so I have to walk on egg shells up here in the Celestial Forum so I don't overstep bounds. You know what I mean. ;)
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:06 am
what a blessing it would have been to David...
Are you my Fannie Alger? Or must I wait for another?

--Bill
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

Elder McConkie:

"Being subject to law, and having their agency, all the spirits of men, while yet in the Eternal Presence, developed aptitudes, talents, capacities, and abilities of every sort, kind, and degree. During the long expanse of life which then was, an infinite variety of talents and abilities came into being. As the ages rolled, no two spirits remained alike. Mozart became a musician; Einstein centered his interest in mathematics; Michelangelo turned his attention to painting. Cain, was a liar, a schemer, a rebel who maintained a close affinity to Lucifer."
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

Daniel 8

9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.
23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

“The sacrament should be a powerful, reverent, reflective moment. It should encourage spiritual feelings and impressions. As such it should not be rushed. It is not something to ‘get over’ so that the real purpose of a sacrament meeting can be pursued. This is the real purpose of the meeting. And everything that is said or sung or prayed in those services should be consistent with the grandeur of this sacred ordinance.”

Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

bill4long wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:47 pm
Elizabeth wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:06 am
what a blessing it would have been to David...
Are you my Fannie Alger? Or must I wait for another?

--Bill
Fannie, but not Alger. :mrgreen: dbnp
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

We know that gender was set in the premortal world. “The spirit and the body are the soul of man” (D&C 88:15).