The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Re: LDS Thoughts and DOCTRINE.

Post by Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 6:25 pm
Hi Shulem, If your child at say age 17 steals some of your whiskey and a car from down the street ends up drunkenly crashing and killing a couple of children does saying I am sorry solve the problem?

The 17 year old would have to be punished according to the law. After the punishment has been resolved there is no more punishment. Time to move on. Heal!
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

I Nephi 3:7,

The Lord will provide a way to accomplish that which He has commanded.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Elizabeth wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 4:06 am
I Nephi 3:7,

The Lord will provide a way to accomplish that which He has commanded.

Such as when he commanded his saints to build the temple in Jackson County Missouri, the House of the LORD in which he would return in a generation which has long since past for those who are now dead.

The time is past. The time is gone. It did not transpire. It did not take place.

Why?

Because Joseph Smith's vision was never realized beyond the fantasy in which it was presented.

Amen and amen! Let all of Discuss Mormonism say "Amen"!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

O my Father, Thou that dwellest
In the high and glorious place,
When shall I regain Thy presence
And again behold Thy face?
In Thy holy habitation,
Did my Spirit once reside?
In my first primeval childhood
Was I nurtured near thy side?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6vKDSd ... Z&index=57

Spiritual babies crying to their make-believe Heavenly Father. Worshipping a Man God!

Bow down and worship a Man. Behold, how mortals worship their imagination!

*THAT* is Mormonism.

;)
Shulem
God

God is a Man.

Post by Shulem »

Bow down and worship a Man.

Pray to him.

Do whatever it is you think he tells you to do.

He is a Man, a Holy Man and he is in charge. He has TWO testicles. Indeed, he is Manly. He is strong. He is stronger than women! Women under his control must obey him. Women are weak.

Obey!
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

3 Nephi 17:15-17:

15. And when He had said these words, He Himself also knelt upon the earth; and behold He prayed unto the Father, and the things which He prayed cannot be written, and the multitude did bear record who heard Him.

16. And after this manner do they bear record: The eye hath never seen, neither hath the ear heard, before, so great and marvellous things as we saw and heard Jesus speak unto the Father;

17. And no tongue can speak, neither can there be written by any man, neither can the hearts of men conceive so great and marvellous things as we both saw and heard Jesus speak; and no one can conceive of the joy which filled our souls at the time we heard Him pray for us unto the Father.

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Elizabeth wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 5:22 am
And no tongue can speak, neither can there be written by any man, neither can the hearts of men conceive so great and marvellous things as we both saw and heard Jesus speak

The plagiarism of the King James Version of the Bible rings loud and clear in the Book of Mormon. Indeed, Joseph Smith used the King James Bible to promote his ideas of Christ.

How obvious and demonstratively it has been shown. Copy, cut, and paste.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Elizabeth wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 5:22 am
And no tongue can speak, neither can there be written by any man, neither can the hearts of men conceive so great and marvellous things as we both saw and heard Jesus speak; and no one can conceive of the joy which filled our souls at the time we heard Him pray for us unto the Father.

And for those who reject his word and refuse?

Death on the spot! They are put to death and killed. THAT is the will of the God of the Book of Mormon.

How many references can we cite in the Book of Mormon of God killing those who oppose him? Mass destruction and a murderous rampage. It's a terrible scene. Book of Mormon God loses his temper.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith,
Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Elizabeth wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 8:44 am
John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith,
Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Nobody, not even God can take away sin of a person. Bad behavior and misdeeds are taken out of the life of a person by the very person who decides to stop doing those things and lay them aside as they continue their journey through life. It is not about sacrificing a helpless animal on a burning altar or rubbing animal blood on the body of a racist priest who ascribes himself to a God that demands death to pay for consequences. It's not about a man dying to save another man from his sins. We save ourselves!

I am thankful to know that I don't need Jesus in order to be a better person. I know that being a good person is all about being a good person because that is what a person wants of their own free will and choice -- doing so without being threatened by an angry God who punishes those who disobey religion.