The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

Isaiah 55:8,9
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Re: LDS Thoughts and DOCTRINE.

Post by Elizabeth »

121st Section of the D&C:

"Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven."
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

Because the Saviour lives, we all have access to hope, joy, peace, repentance and eternal life as we heed His call to “come, follow me” (Luke 18:22).
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

"Keep my word positive. Words become my behaviors. Keep my behaviors positive. Behaviors become my habits. Keep my habits positive. Habits become my values. Keep my values positive. Values become my destiny."
- Mahatma Gandhi
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
High Spy
Regional Representative

Post by High Spy »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:45 pm
"Keep my word positive. Words become my behaviors. Keep my behaviors positive. Behaviors become my habits. Keep my habits positive. Habits become my values. Keep my values positive. Values become my destiny."
- Mahatma Gandhi
Thank God, I’m only watching the game ... https://youtu.be/k3sOb_zHmSI?t=127

It's a paraphrase of Abraham 4:18

This or do you agree?
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Elizabeth wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:57 am
121st Section of the D&C:

"Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven."
Well, okay. Do I get to do everything that Joe did? Esp in Nauvoo. I asked the Lord about it. He said definitely not.

Oh well.

P.S. the Mormon priesthood is blasphemy and mockery to the finished High Priesthood of Jesus and the enrobing at baptism that the believer obtain (Galatians 3)... if you care about the New Testament. Maybe you don't. Just sayin'. But I don't have a dog in that fight. Believe whatever gets you through the night. (But I do know the New Testament, if you need help with it.)

Peace.

--Bill
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

3 Nephi 11:

31 Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, I will declare unto you my doctrine.

32 And this is my doctrine, and it is the doctrine which the Father hath given unto me; and I bear record of the Father, and the Father beareth record of me, and the Holy Ghost beareth record of the Father and me; and I bear record that the Father commandeth all men, everywhere, to repent and believe in me.

33 And whoso believeth in me, and is baptized, the same shall be saved; and they are they who shall inherit the kingdom of God.

34 And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned.

35 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and I bear record of it from the Father; and whoso believeth in me believeth in the Father also; and unto him will the Father bear record of me, for he will visit him with fire and with the Holy Ghost.

36 And thus will the Father bear record of me, and the Holy Ghost will bear record unto him of the Father and me; for the Father, and I, and the Holy Ghost are one.

37 And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and become as a little child, and be baptized in my name, or ye can in nowise receive these things.

38 And again I say unto you, ye must repent, and be baptized in my name, and become as a little child, or ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God.

39 Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and whoso buildeth upon this buildeth upon my rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

" what a blessing it would have been to David if only he had known in the beginning what he knew in the end.
What a contrast to Job’s life. Satan, who was jealous of Job, said to the Lord:
Doth Job fear God for nought?
Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. [Job 1:9–10]
The Lord hath made a hedge about each one of us and our homes and all that we have on every side. The hedge comes from keeping the commandments and walking in God’s path.”
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

112th section of D&C:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face. Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord. And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;"
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

ATTENTION: THIS IS A SPAM THREAD WHEREBY THE POSTER, ELIZABETH DOES NOTHING MORE THAN CUT AND PASTE LDS MATERIAL FROM THE CHURCH WEBSITE. THERE IS LITTLE CONVERSATION THAT ENSUES AND IT HAS BECOME PAGES AND PAGES OF SPAM.

Elizabeth wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:09 am
112th section of D&C:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face. Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord. And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;"

And the shoes drop. The ones of death, suffering, and threats of destruction against those who reject the message given by Joseph Smith and that of fanatical Christianity which threaten the whole world and those who oppose ritualistic ideas of blood atonement and drinking blood for Jesus' sake.

I am not afraid of Mormon God or Christian God. Not now and not ever! I am not afraid of threats and fanatical ideas spouted by adherents who profess Christian vengeance.

Celestial Threads on this Board:

That Same Spirit
Fear God and Fear the Church!!

DO NOT FEAR the message of MURDER from a God who vows to kill those who deny him and refuse to drink the blood of Jesus.
Last edited by Shulem on Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.