Mormonism LIVE: 074: Sandra Tanner - Queen of the Anti-Mormons

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
High Spy
Regional Representative

Mormonism LIVE: 074: Sandra Tanner - Queen of the Anti-Mormons

Post by High Spy »

One of the certain parties. :lol:

https://youtu.be/UsvawgpE37k?t=697

The Oliver Cowdery Pamphlet says the angels voice sounds like Sidney Rigdon.
https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=1005266&hilit=Oliver+Cowdery#p1005266 wrote: Re: England
Joseph Smith's mission from God was done when he finished the Book of Mormon. The Church of April 6th 1830 was solely based on the Book of Mormon. It is after that the present day Church was founded. It was founded by adding multitudes of false doctrines.

13:6 And it came to pass that I beheld this great and abominable church; and I saw the devil, that he was the founder of it.
There's a Spirit directed conclusion to some interesting discussion, with many good excerpts from a UTLM source document. 8-)
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Mormonism LIVE: 074: Sandra Tanner - Queen of the Anti-Mormons

Post by Philo Sofee »

I really enjoyed that live session. Very informative and a walk down memory lane. Man the Tanners were enemy #1 when I was being raised Mormon in the 1970's! Bill and RFM did a really great job interviewing Sandra. Thoroughly delighful.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 12:48 pm
I really enjoyed that live session. Very informative and a walk down memory lane. Man the Tanners were enemy #1 when I was being raised Mormon in the 1970's! Bill and RFM did a really great job interviewing Sandra. Thoroughly delighful.
Philo, From the time I grew up I remember hearing dark warning about the Tanners. Not extended discussion just warning to avoid the bad influence. It was quite a number of years after I left belief and participation that I found occasion to visit the Tanner bookstore. I could not help but have a touch of trepidation sneak into my mind from the past instruction. I did not try to create a discussion with Sandra Tanner just hello, how do you do, she seemed a pleasant women without horns or scales.

I have long had a copy of their Mormonism Shadow or Reality. It is a curious compendium of all sorts of stuff ,some of it pretty interesting. It is a bit clumsy sometimes. I was impressed by the presentation of changes in the early portions of Doctrine and Covenants. Their presentation is a bit hard to read however.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 5:58 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 12:48 pm
Philo, From the time I grew up I remember hearing dark warning about the Tanners. Not extended discussion just warning to avoid the bad influence. It was quite a number of years after I left belief and participation that I found occasion to visit the Tanner bookstore. I could not help but have a touch of trepidation sneak into my mind from the past instruction. I did not try to create a discussion with Sandra Tanner just hello, how do you do, she seemed a pleasant women without horns or scales.

I have long had a copy of their Mormonism Shadow or Reality. It is a curious compendium of all sorts of stuff ,some of it pretty interesting. It is a bit clumsy sometimes. I was impressed by the presentation of changes in the early portions of Doctrine and Covenants. Their presentation is a bit hard to read however.
Agreed entirely! Overall though, it is precisely because of their work and influence that we now have and can use the Joseph Smith Papers Project! THAT is their legacy. Their lack of fear for being intimidated forced The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to become vastly more transparent than they ever would have. And the 4th volume on the Joseph Smith Papyri with those absolutely perfect pictures is truly priceless to me!!!