Shulem where is your J.S. revelation from Jesus on the 3500 yr old papyri?

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Philo Sofee
God

Shulem where is your J.S. revelation from Jesus on the 3500 yr old papyri?

Post by Philo Sofee »

I really need to get that quote. A friend is asking and I can't find it. I think you quoted SMith in the TImes and Seasons and had a picture of it....can ya help me out?
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem where is your J.S. revelation from Jesus on the 3500 yr old papyri?

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 1:56 am
I really need to get that quote. A friend is asking and I can't find it. I think you quoted SMith in the TImes and Seasons and had a picture of it....can ya help me out?

Ask and ye shall receive.

I compiled several posts to that effect in the King's name thread and challenged Ed Goble to explain it. He refused.

Here is the link that cites the Times and Seasons and other references in which Smith proclaimed the 3,500 years to be accurate and the word of God:

Cracked Pharaoh's Name in Facsimile #3

What's the King's name?!

:lol:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Don't forget this little gem:

Joseph Smith, Times and Seasons, 1843 address wrote:
  • I proceed to answer you
  • the truth of revelation, or religion as promulgated by me
  • I have succeeded as a man of God
  • by the power of God I translated the Book of Mormon from hieroglyphics
  • bold measures of receiving direct revelation from God, through the Comforter
  • and that one man empowered from Jehovah, has more influence with the children of the kingdom, than eight hundred millions led by the precepts of men.
  • Were I an Egyptian, I would exclaim Jah-oh-eh, Enish-go-on-dosh, Flo-ees-Flos-is-is; [O earth! the power of attraction, and the moon passing between her and the sun.]
  • embalming human bodies, and preserving them in the catacombs of Egypt, whereby men, women and children as mummies, after a lapse of near three thousand five hundred years, come forth among the living, and although dead, the papyrus which has lived in their bosoms, unharmed, speaks for them
  • The spirit of prophesy is the testimony of Jesus.
  • I who have witnessed the visions of Eternity; and beheld the glories of the mansions of bliss
  • I who have heard the voice of God, and communed with angels; and spake as moved by the Holy Ghost
  • I, who hold the keys of the last kingdom
  • The whole earth shall bear me witness that I, like the towering rock in the midst of the ocean
  • I combat the errors of the ages; I meet the violence of mobs; I cope with illegal proceedings from executive authority; I cut the Gordian knot of powers; and I solve mathematical problems of Universities: WITH TRUTH, diamond truth, and God is my ‘right hand man.’
  • let me say in the name of Jesus Christ to you
  • JOSEPH SMITH.

Joseph Smith was testifying falsely with regard to the age of the mummies and he invoked the very name of JESUS CHRIST in stating his authority as a revelation to the Church. Smith has been caught red handed lying to the whole Church!
Jason Abbott
Nursery

Post by Jason Abbott »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 1:56 am
Great information from Shulem. I cited that letter to James Bennet without noticing the significance of the mummy remarks.

I know Shulem could give these too but here are primary references to the "3,500 year" statement:
A meant-to-be-member-friendly essay: Authenticating the Book of Abraham (updated May 18, 2022)
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Jason Abbott wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 6:10 pm
Great information from Shulem. I cited that letter to James Bennet without noticing the significance of the mummy remarks.

I know Shulem could give these too but here are primary references to the "3,500 year" statement:

Thanks, those are nice to have. Handy dandy.

The significance of the 3,500 years is extremely critical. Smith had calculated it using sources available to him and confirmed it by revelation and pronounced that revelation by the authority of the priesthood and in the name of Jesus Christ. That is ultimate Mormon authority. It doesn’t get any stronger than that!

It wasn’t his opinion.
It wasn’t speculation.
It wasn’t a prophet speaking as a man.

Apologist be damned because they have run over the prophet Joseph Smith with a bus.

;)
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

THANKS YOU GUYS! Yer the BEST...
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Times have changed and now Dr. Gee has switched to the Catalyst Theory, which denies that Joseph Smith ever had anything to do with so-called "Mummies and Papyri", and instead received messages directly from Kolob which were bounced off of 5G towers from the future and onto the seer stone matrix screen. Hope this helps clarify the latest apologetics position.

Dr. Gee will shift his emphasis from Reformed Egyptian to Applied Clairvoyance, which will make for a better fit in the BYU Department of Religion.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:41 am
Times have changed and now Dr. Gee has switched to the Catalyst Theory, which denies that Joseph Smith ever had anything to do with so-called "Mummies and Papyri", and instead received messages directly from Kolob which were bounced off of 5G towers from the future and onto the seer stone matrix screen. Hope this helps clarify the latest apologetics position.

Dr. Gee will shift his emphasis from Reformed Egyptian to Applied Clairvoyance, which will make for a better fit in the BYU Department of Religion.

Actually, he's sitting on the fence. He hasn’t switched yet but he’s getting close. And that is the point where he has to make a decision. Can he abide it? Can he endorse it? Can he muster an apologetic approach for it? Gee has little if any experience in defending the Catalyst theory and claims there is more evidence for the Missing Roll theory then there is the Catalyst. Now that’s just silly. There is absolutely no evidence for the Missing Roll theory other than the faithful perspective that Smith claimed to actually translate a genuine authentic scroll of Abraham. The only evidence is the original CLAIM and there is nothing to demonstrate that Smith had the actual ability to accomplish a genuine translation of Egyptian text. All the evidence points to the opposite.

What a mess. John Gee is not only going to have to face his worst fears about those theories but he has yet to address the Anubis mutilation of the snout. Even worse, my analysis of Egypt’s making and chronology as opposed to what we are given by the Bible and Abraham chapter one. That is the ultimate slam on the Book of Abraham. It’s not only over for the Facsimiles but the whole caboodle, moreover the story itself. It’s going to be a massacre of the Book of Abraham and it will happen right here on Shades board, that little obscure board that Peterson so loathes. Do you hear me, Dan? I’m going to wipe out your precious Book of Abraham. Oh, you don’t think so? Just watch. And, I got the Backyard Professor to pound the alarm. We are making history! Yeah baby!!!!!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:33 pm
Yeah baby!!!!!
Sounds like Kerry is definitely rubbing off on you.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Interestingly enough, the 3,500 claim made by Joseph Smith about the age of the papyrus and mummies lends very little support for the modern day Catalyst theory. How so? It points squarely at the idea that Smith believed he had genuine scrolls of Abraham and Joseph. He had the original scrolls (long or short) but they were original scrolls written by patriarchal authors and that he alone could translate the dead language. It’s impossible that anyone in Smith’s day could apply the Catalyst theory to Smith’s translation work because he claimed to translate the actual scrolls just as he did the gold plates. It just goes to show how wrong Joseph Smith was about everything. There is nothing to show he was right about anything! The Catalyst theory denies the evidence and really is nothing more than wishful thinking and fantasy -- certainly not the kind Smith would have endorsed.