How Many More Wives? Treat Me the Way you Wanna Do

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Re: How Many More Wives? Treat Me the Way you Wanna Do

Post by Shulem »

Dallin H. Oaks wrote:But for people who live in the belief, as I do, that marriage relations can be for eternity, then you must say, “What will life be in the next life, when you’re married to more than one wife for eternity?”
It means Oaks will have to experience a waiting period between having intimate relations with his wives unless it's a threesome. While Oaks is performing the act of procreation with one of his wives, it must be that the other wife is on the other side of the door waiting her turn in which she is granted the right to enter his bedchamber. In other words, the wife is always submissive to the husband and can only enter when he is done with the other.

It's a tangled web that Mormonism has woven.

:?
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:34 pm
It is uncertain whether the planets given to these new Mormon gods and their multiple wives will also have multiple "moons" orbiting these planets. Thus the effects on the tides of Planets Joseph and Brigham are unknown.
:lol: They might have to destroy any extra moons.

Do you think if there were 2 moons opposite sides of a planet it would balance things out?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Hey, here is an LDS cosmology question I was wondering about. Have LDS elders of the past commenced populating their planets with their horde of sister wives, or is everything on hold until the end of the upcoming millennium?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
tagriffy
Deacon

Post by tagriffy »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:39 am
Hey, here is an LDS cosmology question I was wondering about. Have LDS elders of the past commenced populating their planets with their horde of sister wives, or is everything on hold until the end of the upcoming millennium?
Don't know. Scripture could be interpreted either way.
Timothy A. Griffy
http://tagriffy.blogspot.com

Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

American conservatives are a paradox (if you want to be polite) or soulless expedient cynics (if you want to be accurate).--TheCriticalMind
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:42 pm
Not sure of the doctrine but if a woman divorces and remarries, can she marry in the temple? And if so is she no longer sealed to the previous? And if she has to unseal to have a new sealed partner then does that mea the man isn't going to have her as one of his possible poly wives?
In order for a woman to be sealed to her new husband, after a divorce, the first sealing has to be dissolved. Unless things have changed, this requires First Presidency approval. After she dies, she can be sealed to her second husband without the first sealing being undone, which is a new-ish policy.

As to how that all works out in the hereafter, and why there would be any difference between being sealed to two men while alive vs. dead (when the sealing actually counts)... *shrug*
slskipper
Sunbeam

Post by slskipper »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:42 pm
Not sure of the doctrine but if a woman divorces and remarries, can she marry in the temple? And if so is she no longer sealed to the previous? And if she has to unseal to have a new sealed partner then does that mea the man isn't going to have her as one of his possible poly wives?
It is really hard for a woman to get unsealed to her first husband. The church does provide a mechanism, but in practice it almost never actually happens.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:39 am
I always assumed they get their own planet to populate after the judgement. But then that leads me to wonder how many Gods there are now, would out God have been one of these men that made it to the celestial kingdom. Then would that mean he didn't create the universe, just our big bang out just our part of space?
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Hey, bill4long - do they call you the hunter?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!