How Many More Wives? Treat Me the Way you Wanna Do

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

How Many More Wives? Treat Me the Way you Wanna Do

Post by bill4long »

The Mormon authorities and their toadies like to say that they don't practice polygamy anymore, but it's only half true.

They still believe in the doctrine. We all know this.

It comes down to sealings. Today, if a wife dies, a man can be sealed to another wife, and so on. And the man expects to be married to all the wives in the hereafter.

How many multiple marriage "sealings" amongst the modern "General Authorities" can you document?
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Shulem
God

Re: How Many More Wives? Treat Me the Way you Wanna Do

Post by Shulem »

bill4long wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 6:10 am
The Mormon authorities and their toadies like to say that they don't practice polygamy anymore, but it's only half true.

They still believe in the doctrine. We all know this.

It comes down to sealings. Today, if a wife dies, a man can be sealed to another wife, and so on. And the man expects to be married to all the wives in the hereafter.

How many multiple marriage "sealings" amongst the modern "General Authorities" can you document?
Well, it started with Joseph who was a young man, and couldn't resist. Started thinkin' it over, just what he had missed. Got him a girl and he kissed her and then and then, whoops, oh lord, well he did it again! Now he's got ten children of his own and another child on the way that makes eleven. But he's in constant heaven!

Oh, Fanny, oh, girl, oh, Fanny, oh, yeah! Why don't you please come home.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Well I asked them to marry and to be my sweet wives
I told them we'd be so happy for the rest of our lives
I begged and I pleaded like a natural man
And then, whoops oh lordy, well they gave me their hands
Because they had kisses sweeter than wine.
-- Deposition for the soundtrack by Peter, Paul, and Fanny, 1844
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Sajan
Nursery

Post by Sajan »

Hello bill4long, your post raises an interesting perspective on the practice of polygamy within the Mormon community, emphasizing the ongoing belief in the doctrine despite official statements. The concept of sealings and the continuation of multiple marriages in the afterlife is indeed thought-provoking. I'm curious to learn more about the documented instances of such multiple marriage "sealings" among the modern "General Authorities." Can you share any specific examples or references that shed light on this aspect?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Sajan wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:34 am
Hello bill4long, your post raises an interesting perspective on the practice of polygamy within the Mormon community, emphasizing the ongoing belief in the doctrine despite official statements. The concept of sealings and the continuation of multiple marriages in the afterlife is indeed thought-provoking. I'm curious to learn more about the documented instances of such multiple marriage "sealings" among the modern "General Authorities." Can you share any specific examples or references that shed light on this aspect?
Two instances:

Dallin H. Oaks, sealed for eternity to both his first and second wives.

Russel M. Nelson, sealed for eternity to both his first and second wives.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Imwashingmypirate
Stake President

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Not sure of the doctrine but if a woman divorces and remarries, can she marry in the temple? And if so is she no longer sealed to the previous? And if she has to unseal to have a new sealed partner then does that mea the man isn't going to have her as one of his possible poly wives?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:27 am
Dallin H. Oaks, sealed for eternity to both his first and second wives.
Oaks fully expects to live up to the covenants he made in marrying TWO women for time and all eternity but he is unsure on how he will be able to express his manly love to TWO women in a tri-relationship:

PPS Interview
Dallin H. Oaks wrote:But I know that I’ve made those covenants, and I believe if I am true to the covenants that the blessing that’s anticipated here will be realized in the next life. How? Why, I don’t know.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

It is uncertain whether the planets given to these new Mormon gods and their multiple wives will also have multiple "moons" orbiting these planets. Thus the effects on the tides of Planets Joseph and Brigham are unknown.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:34 pm
It is uncertain whether the planets given to these new Mormon gods and their multiple wives will also have multiple "moons" orbiting these planets. Thus the effects on the tides of Planets Joseph and Brigham are unknown.
Was that funny?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:19 am
Moksha wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:34 pm
Was that funny?
There is a certain gravitation in that direction.