Anubis in Facsimile No. 3 and Mormon Deception

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Shulem
God

Lying

Post by Shulem »

THE ARTICLES OF FAITH, Joseph Smith wrote:13 We believe in being honest, true...
Gospel Principles, Honesty wrote:Lying is intentionally deceiving others. Bearing false witness is one form of lying. The Lord gave this commandment to the children of Israel: “Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour” (Exodus 20:16). Jesus also taught this when He was on earth (see Matthew 19:18). There are many other forms of lying. When we speak untruths, we are guilty of lying. We can also intentionally deceive others by a gesture or a look, by silence, or by telling only part of the truth. Whenever we lead people in any way to believe something that is not true, we are not being honest.

Shulem
God

Lie upon lie

Post by Shulem »

Apologists just don’t get it. They don’t understand the gravity of the situation and the implications in which Smith altered the printing plate to conform to his previous declaration that the jackal headed person was an Egyptian slave. The alteration was made in order to hide the original mistake and make it appear legitimate in the Times and Seasons publication. The fact that Smith was wrong about Anubis is one thing but the fact that he lied about it is quite another.

There are two (2) lies:
  • The original interpretation/translation
  • The alteration/coverup

Apologists may try to justify the first lie but they will be hard pressed to justify the second. There is no justification for lying! Period!
Shulem
God

Backyard Professor

Post by Shulem »

Shulem
God

TRUST

Post by Shulem »

In whom do you believe to tell you the truth? We want the truth and we expect that those who tell us the truth are trustworthy, honest, and completely forthright. But in the case of Joseph Smith, John Taylor, Wilford Woodruff, and Reuben Hedlock, there is a clear example of trust being swept under the rug and the Latter-day Saints being presented with things that are not true. Indeed, there was a coverup at the printing shop in Nauvoo and Joseph Smith himself was ultimately responsible for that coverup because he oversaw the work and took an active part in how the Facsimile printing plates were arranged and prepared. Smith was very much involved with the Facsimile representations and we can be sure that he authored and approved the Explanations that were published as a revelation to the whole world.

This demonstrates that TRUST was not a virtue possessed by Joseph Smith when he published an altered version of Anubis in the Facsimile that was supposed to mirror what was in the vignette. There is nothing trustworthy or honorable in what they did! It was a shameful thing to do. It was deception and lying all for the sole purpose of shielding Joseph Smith from criticism about misidentifying an Egyptian god as a mere slave. How much better it would have been if Joseph had simply come clean and confessed that he made an error and was mistaken after being corrected by the Masonic Order. That would have been the honorable thing to do. Then let the chips fall where they may.
Shulem
God

Re: Curse of Olimlah through Cain

Post by Shulem »

So far, my observations have criticized the judgement of three Latter-day Saint Church Presidents for their part in the coverup of Smith’s vandalism of the printing plate. I’m now prepared to expose and point my finger at a 4th Church President in pointing out that these men were not what they claimed to be -- men of God who loved all humanity equally.

Take Brigham Young for example. Although he wasn’t involved with the day-to-day operations of the printing press, he was aware of things taking place there and was certainly aware of the third and final installment of the Book of Abraham which consisted of Facsimile No. 3 and its Explanations. Brigham was also aware that the Book of Abraham claimed how Egyptians were descendants of Cain and therefore they were barred from the priesthood on account of their race. Their cursed lineage was through the so-called wife of Ham whom Smith translated as Egyptus but in actuality it’s a Greek name, hence an anachronism. The Mormon ban on priesthood towards black skinned people was piously upheld by Young’s presidential administration in Utah. Blacks could not hold the priesthood, period! This policy and doctrine found its roots in Pearl of Great Price racism and was visually expressed by Smith’s explanation of the black slave of Facsimile No. 3. Brigham Young wholeheartedly taught that blacks were less valiant in the preexistence and therefore were banned from the priesthood. The iron clad doctrine of the curse of Cain was strictly maintained in Mormonism due to Brigham Young’s hateful attitude towards blacks. Young was perfectly happy with the desecration of Anubis in the Facsimile and never thought to correct it or restore Anubis to his original form.

Here are a few racial statements made by President Brigham Young whose administration banned black skinned people from the Mormon priesthood. Young lived a life of a bigot and led his people to believe that blacks were less favored of the Lord on account of their race. It was an evil and pernicious doctrine of Mormonism.

Brigham Young wrote:You must not think, from what I say, that I am opposed to slavery. No! The negro is damned, and is to serve his master till God chooses to remove the curse of Ham.
Brigham Young wrote:The moment we consent to mingle with the seed of Cain the Church must go to destruction, - we should receive the curse which has been placed upon the seed of Cain, and never more be numbered with the children of Adam who are heirs to the priesthood until that curse be removed.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Anubis in Facsimile No. 3 and Mormon Deception

Post by Philo Sofee »

Lots of great information here Shulem! I suspect holding the prophets up to the light of truth may help some, so it's a good thing you are doing.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:18 pm
Lots of great information here Shulem! I suspect holding the prophets up to the light of truth may help some, so it's a good thing you are doing.

Thank you for chiming in! But I don’t want to dive down deeper into the slavery issue or seem overly negative in a dark way. I want to hold the Church Presidents responsible but need to do it in a friendly way that doesn’t come across too coarse or offensive. After all, this is the Celestial forum and we invite readers from everywhere to come and see what we have to say.

Peace.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Something tells me Paul, you've made your point. And a great one.

Maybe someone needs to get on with his life.

What say?
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

bill4long wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:46 am
Something tells me Paul, you've made your point. And a great one.

Maybe someone needs to get on with his life.

What say?

You make great points yourself and surely there is wisdom in both of them. Regarding the first, well, what else can be said and explored in exploiting this fantastic slam dunk and getting every possible mile out of it? I don’t want to overlook something and neglect pulling another rabbit out of the hat. All this demonstrates how Mormonism is simply just one big hypocritical organization that refuses to take off the mask and reveal its true identity -- a fraud. This thread sets certain perimeters in demonstrating just how corrupt Joseph Smith and his brethren could be in advancing the cause of phony revelation. They have been caught and exposed in the very act. I’ve set the bar so high that the apologists can’t reach it and nothing they do can lower the bar. Honesty and integrity are the standards by which that bar is set and only a liar can lower it. This subject matter is a squeaky wheel and I can’t imagine what kind of grease the apologists can put on it to make the noise go away. Can you?

Moving on with my life? I’ll go make a cup of coffee. How does that sound? I could use a cup of nice coffee.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:17 pm
Moving on with my life? I’ll go make a cup of coffee. How does that sound? I could use a cup of nice coffee.
I would like to hear Church officials or their minions address the issue of Anubis. It seems like religious desecration.

At some point in the future, I would like to hear you address the issue of how the Church responded to the points raised by Lowry Nelson. Also how they treated Lowell Bennion and George Romney on the issue of civil rights.

ByTW, I've been upholding the Word of Wisdom this morning by drinking Diet Coke.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace