Book of Mormon Geography

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
yellowstone123
Bishop

Re: Book of Mormon Geography

Post by yellowstone123 »

High Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:51 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:25 am

The Wicker Man is dead wrong. Why didn't the writers of the Book of Mormon notice their butts being kicked by the Romans when they (the Romans) invaded?
I’m no scholar on the subject … pasted below is the best answer to a badly worded question. The Wicker Man discussed it extensively with a couple of guys from Europe, and none said anything about it. I’ll append a link where said Wicker Man may respond.
https://www.answers.com/geography/What_ ... _conquered

What countries did the ancient Roman's conquered?

There's a problem about that. In ancient times there weren't the countries we know today... the question would be, which territories the ancient Roman Empire enclosed.
"http://www.michaelmaxwolf.de/antike/ROM ... _reich.htm" - this is an address in the net to have a look at the biggest expansion the ancient roman empire had in the year 117 AD (checked the 1st of April 2008 - map working 3:41 a.m. MEZ+1).

You can see the expansion from the handrian's wall (I guess that's the name) in Scotland to the south (north Africa), enclosing territories of today's marocco, lybia, Tunisia, Egypt to the irak...
Re: Book of Mormon Land is England Thread
Hey Spy, here's link to a link John Wilson books on how ancient Israel migration influenced Europes present circumstances. Wilson wrote on a lot of things.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/John-Wils ... abled=true
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

High Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:51 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:25 am

The Wicker Man is dead wrong. Why didn't the writers of the Book of Mormon notice their butts being kicked by the Romans when they (the Romans) invaded?
I’m no scholar on the subject … pasted below is the best answer to a badly worded question. The Wicker Man discussed it extensively with a couple of guys from Europe, and none said anything about it. I’ll append a link where said Wicker Man may respond.
https://www.answers.com/geography/What_ ... _conquered

What countries did the ancient Roman's conquered?

There's a problem about that. In ancient times there weren't the countries we know today... the question would be, which territories the ancient Roman Empire enclosed.
"http://www.michaelmaxwolf.de/antike/ROM ... _reich.htm" - this is an address in the net to have a look at the biggest expansion the ancient roman empire had in the year 117 AD (checked the 1st of April 2008 - map working 3:41 a.m. MEZ+1).

You can see the expansion from the handrian's wall (I guess that's the name) in Scotland to the south (north Africa), enclosing territories of today's marocco, lybia, Tunisia, Egypt to the irak...
Re: Book of Mormon Land is England Thread
Hey Spy, thank you for thoughts and links. Here's a link to the writings of 19th century writer John Wilson and his thoughts on the connection of ancient Israel and England. It appears he had many interest:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/John-Wils ... abled=true

But I'll again write to you as I wrote in the past to Shulem. On the paternal side, my grandpa lived in a small town around the Rochester New York area and worked at Kodak. He would travel via a "narrow neck of land" to Toronto, Canada see a young lady he liked who eventually became my grandmother. When my dad grew up in the area, extremely poor and in bad circumstances it was joining the Marines that sent him to California where he met my mom in the early 1950s, but in the first two decades of life in the 1930s and 1940s, Mormons were not a hot topic with him and his friends, but they started in New York a century earlier.

During my first 20 years in Southern California, I would watch an hour program from Herbert Armstrong who ran the World Wide Church of God. A real nice fellow on T.V., a Hinkley type, I believe that group also believed that England had a link to Israel.

Today, one can clearly tract from Eastern Europe the migration of Ashkenazi Jews to the area between Beirut and Egypt, so today I'll call it Palestine as other great writers on the board have put it, but Sephardic Jews also returned from even closer lands, especially after the new or restored Israel declared indepenced in the late 1940s. The Jewish population like all our ancestors tended to pull up states and move somewhere via a new thought just that morning. I'm sure violence towards them was a factor, but some people want new scenery in the morning so they grab their goods and moved some place else.

But Marcus's recent post are pretty clear of what occurred and how The Book of Mormon was created, but new things are dug up everyday causing scientists in the area and field to scratch their noggins and look confused.

But, in the end it was the Homo sapiens that moved north out of Africa into the Jerusalem area, met some hot Homo neanderthals from northern Europe who migrated south, did something like rub foreheads which meant a week long marriage and approval from the Gods, then spent a few nights in the area of Gaza, or maybe further north, gathered and hunted something edible, mated, enjoyed the scenery, mated again and again, rubbed foreheads again which signaled a divorce approved by the gods, and looked for other mates and food. But in the end it was the Homo sapiens that were in circumstances that allowed them to survive and thrive, the other five Homo groups went extinct. Many bright writers say it's only a matter of time before Homo sapiens go instinct and with my skills of discernment, I say it will happen in England.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:05 pm
And Peterson doesn’t have anything to add other than constant yapping about nothing.
But Toto chased the lion before the lion joined the crew, and do a good and wise thing by pulling the curtain back from the Wizard, revealing his true nature. Doesn't seem like a fitting analogy.

The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.