Book of Mormon Geography

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Marcus
God

Re: Book of Mormon Geography

Post by Marcus »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:02 pm

You’re very kind and I get what you’re saying. But I’m done. I’ve spent a enough time putting together and packaging an amazing gift to this board and few have appreciated it…
It’s more than you think, my dear, and even more if the group is small, the appreciation is mighty!!

When I left the lds church I had a general idea of the issues, but not much in depth study. now that I have a little more time I have thoroughly enjoyed following your journeys and explorations. Thank you, again, for what you post. It is exemplary.

P.s. do you think DCP realizes how exactly and perfectly he supported your Delmarva Map theory? I got quite a chuckle out of reading his video transcripts. ;)
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:02 pm
But let Vogel and others think what they want.
Yeah, supporting a Mesoamerican landing point for an imaginary voyage that cannot match the details of the Delmarva Hypothesis seems odd. Of course that ties into the usage of the word "pious". Inigo Montoya may question Vogel's usage of that word. Pious is inconceivable.

As Marcus says, there are others who want you to stick with it. You can do it!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Radio Free Mormon wrote:Whoever wrote the Book of Mormon obviously researched it heavily prior to it coming forth otherwise it would not have reflected so accurately Joseph Smith’s culture and it wouldn’t have all of these different elements in it that connect with other books both biblical and commentaries.

DCP points out that the use of a map would have been needed in order to produce the scenario that describes the complicated geography on a consistent basis. It seems that RFM has two choices:

1. Narrow neck is Panama
2. Narrow neck is at Delmarva

Well, what is your decision on that, RFM? You can run but you can’t hide.

So, which is it; or are you too chicken to say?

Buck-buck-buck

:lol:

;)

:P
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

I knew someone who grew up in the finger lakes area in the 1930s and 1940s. When walking to school the person would occasionally find arrowheads. He was not Mormon but knew the history of the area and upstate New York. Clearly anyone in the area knew where a narrow stretch of land between two bodies of water was.
Last edited by yellowstone123 on Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two mottos I try to follow: 1) my hero is truth; 2) no surprises.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:40 pm
I knew someone who grew up in the five finger lakes area in the 1930s and 1940s. When walking to school the person would occasionally find arrowheads. He was not Mormon but knew the history of the area and upstate New York. Clearly anyone in the area knew where a narrow stretch of land between two bodies of water was.

Some people will try just about anything to justify Joseph Smith’s whale of a tale. But whales need ocean to swim in and Lehi needed a place to land.

Shulem wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:47 pm
John Hamer wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:46 pm

Where is Hagoth's shipyard on your map? I don't see that one.

According to the map and labels in the above map it simply isn't possible because Sea West doesn't feed into the Susquehanna river. Hagoth sailed into Sea West and proceeded north into the land. That's not possible in the above map.
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

Thank you for the information. I was thinking more of Niagara Falls as the narrow neck of land of between the water. My dad and grandpa hunted in the Finger Lakes and my dad grew up in Rochester NY. But that was in the 1930s and 1940s. Not sure about a shipyard. Not sure how a few thoughts of the soldiers who fought in the War of 1812 wouldn’t make it into the book. Thanks again for all your hard work at arriving at the truth.
Two mottos I try to follow: 1) my hero is truth; 2) no surprises.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

yellowstone123 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:59 pm
Thanks again for all your hard work at arriving at the truth.

Thank you, yellowstone123.

Unbelievers know Smith made the whole thing up. The testimony of the unbeliever is strong and steadfast in piecing together the truth in concluding that the Book of Mormon is fiction. But the unbeliever has a choice to make about what Smith had in mind with his fantasized version of Book of Mormon geography. They can take it to the extreme and go with Panama being the narrow neck and assume Smith visualized that while telling his stories or they can go a little deeper into Smith’s mind and realize that he was much smarter than that when it comes to how proportion and distance coupled with time was exactly what Smith was wont to maintain. The geography of the Book of Mormon is a limited area in which the story takes place. I’m afraid that Panama has no place therein and neither does it satisfy the future prophecy of the City of New Jerusalem being built on the continent not too far distant from Smith’s homeland where the plates were finally laid to rest.

I feel fortunate and blessed to have figured out Smith’s ruse and am no longer a victim to his trickery and deceit. But sadly, there are so many who remain fooled to this day even though they know the geography was all made up. Joseph Smith was very smart. I take my hat off to him and congratulate him for being so tricky even though it’s not a quality that one can ascribe with integrity and respect.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:51 pm
Look! it seems someone else (faithful LDS) has discovered the Delmarva peninsula!

Book of Mormon Lands Near DC?

&

Land of the Book of Mormon
Last edited by Shulem on Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:53 pm
Shulem wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:51 pm
Look! it seems someone else (faithful LDS) has discovered the Demarva peninsula!

Book of Mormon Lands Near DC?

&

Land of the Book of Mormon
Lol. I really like your post over there, Shulem. It beats all to heck the ridiculously disingenuous post left by Warren Aston. Honestly, he can't possibly think he has academically valid resources for that nonsense, can he?!!!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:08 pm
Lol. I really like your post over there, Shulem. It beats all to heck the ridiculously disingenuous post left by Warren Aston. Honestly, he can't possibly think he has academically valid resources for that nonsense, can he?!!!

Laura Hathaway is certainly welcome to come here and discuss her version of the Delmarva theory. I credit her for thinking outside the box and looking elsewhere rather than the Heartland®, Mesoamerican®, and Hemispheric® models.

Delmarva! :twisted: