Book of Mormon Geography

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Moksha
God

Re: River Sidon and the Ace of Hearts

Post by Moksha »

Zosimus wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:30 pm
Another map of the islands has Lamanite as a toponym:

Again, no telling what maps were used. It was probably a combination of maps and Arabic geographies. There are hundreds of variations.
Does Lehi ever get a mention?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Re: Book of Mormon Geography

Post by bill4long »

High Spy wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:01 am
bill4long wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:44 am
Still waiting for the "prophets, seers, and revelators" to cough up the truth about the Book of Mormon geography.

Why won't they just do it? Is Heavenly Father testing us?

In the scientific age, seems counter-productive. After all, isn't Heavenly Father a master scientist?
https://slogbog.com/viewtopic.php?p=176 ... irit#p1763
Have the "prophets, seers and revelators" put their stamp of approval on that list? If not, why are you citing it?
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

"Gosh darn it!!! Stop asking me about Book of Mormon geography!!!"

The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

bill4long wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:27 am
Critics of the Book of Mormon will never stop enquiring at the hands of leaders of the Church about where the Book of Mormon took place. We know absolutely that early leaders of the Church confirmed their belief of the final war leading up to the destruction of the Nephites occurred in New York State where the plates were eventually buried.

But where was Zarahemla? Where was Bountiful and the temple in which Jesus appeared? Where is the narrow neck of land leading into the land northward into Desolation and finally the hill Cumorah?

The Book of Mormon is FICTION. The geography of the Book of Mormon is based on a fictional story that was produced out of the mind of Joseph Smith.

I know this to be so, absolutely. And, I so testify.

Shulem
Shulem
God

Bountiful Temple in Book of Mormon

Post by Shulem »

And so, the Church just purchased the Kirtland temple from their “apostate” friends known as the Community of Christ. Everyone knows where the Kirtland temple is -- it’s in Ohio, not far from Cleveland.

But where was Bountiful in the Book of Mormon? Where did the temple once stand? Where is that dedicated parcel of land? When would the Church like to purchase that land and dedicate a temple anew to the glory of Book of Mormon Jesus in memory of the Nephites and Lamanites?

The Church is stuck between a rock and a hard place! Bountiful is a fictional story made-up in the mind of Joseph Smith. It never existed.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

High Spy wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:01 am
bill4long wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:44 am
Still waiting for the "prophets, seers, and revelators" to cough up the truth about the Book of Mormon geography.

Why won't they just do it? Is Heavenly Father testing us?

In the scientific age, seems counter-productive. After all, isn't Heavenly Father a master scientist?

High Spy,

Universal Rule 10 … Please add the required information to the quoted post.
Re: Book of Mormon Land is England Thread
The Wicker Man wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:40 am
First of all the Spirit out of the blue told me that the Book of Mormon land was England. I was not contemplating the subject or in the least interested in the subject. I thought it was a fairytale. So why would I be bothered looking for a fairytale. Anyway I did not do anything about it until about a year and a half later when the Spirit told me to tell them about England. It took me a minute or so to remember what about England I'm supposed to tell them about. When I did remember I made the OP on the subject. The OP is not in OD at LDSFF. I don't remember in what forum it's in. The title though is, England.

1) England can fit because when they first arrived they were on an island of the sea
2) There are four great seas, Atlantic Ocean, North Sea, English Channel and Celtic Sea
3) There is the Clyde River that flows south to north
4) The Clyde empties into the western sea from which one can sail north
5) On an island in northern Canada there is Clyde River Hamlet
6) Clyde and Sidon are linguistically similar, they both have cyde/side in them
7) Corn is an old English word meaning kernel of grain
8) Iron working started about the right time in England
9) Chariots from about 400bc If I recall correctly were found in Pembroke
10) Roman histories describe the lamanites perfectly including that they did not use breastplates
11) Roman map places the lamanites exactly where the Book of Mormon say they are
12) Roman histories describe a land of desolation north of "the wall"
13) The Book of Mormon line of fortification matches the Antonine wall perfectly including walking distance
14) That is also where the narrow neck of land is that is also the correct walking distance
15) Scotland is known to have glaciers even into the 1700s
16) The narrow strip of land is where Hadrian's wall was built
17) Zarahemla is to the south and their religion is identical to Roman Mithraism
18) The headwaters of Sidon are north of Zarahemla, the headwaters of Clyde are north of Hadrian's wall
19) The Nephites migrated north, the Damnonii migrated north disappearing around 400ad

Is all that taken together proof? I think it is!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

High Spy wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:52 am

The Wicker Man is dead wrong. Why didn't the writers of the Book of Mormon notice their butts being kicked by the Romans when they (the Romans) invaded?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
yellowstone123
1st Counselor

Post by yellowstone123 »

There could be an apparent truth in this parallel universe:

And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon England's mountains green?
And was the holy Lamb of God
On England's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance Divine
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic mills? Bring me my bow of burning gold:
Bring me my arrows of desire:
Bring me my spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem
In England's green and pleasant land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vxlX5wyEQs

From likely the greatest movie ever made.
Two mottos I try to follow: 1) my hero is truth; 2) no surprises.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:25 am
High Spy wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:52 am

The Wicker Man is dead wrong. Why didn't the writers of the Book of Mormon notice their butts being kicked by the Romans when they (the Romans) invaded?
I’m no scholar on the subject … pasted below is the best answer to a badly worded question. The Wicker Man discussed it extensively with a couple of guys from Europe, and none said anything about it. I’ll append a link where said Wicker Man may respond.
https://www.answers.com/geography/What_ ... _conquered

What countries did the ancient Roman's conquered?

There's a problem about that. In ancient times there weren't the countries we know today... the question would be, which territories the ancient Roman Empire enclosed.
"http://www.michaelmaxwolf.de/antike/ROM ... _reich.htm" - this is an address in the net to have a look at the biggest expansion the ancient roman empire had in the year 117 AD (checked the 1st of April 2008 - map working 3:41 a.m. MEZ+1).

You can see the expansion from the handrian's wall (I guess that's the name) in Scotland to the south (north Africa), enclosing territories of today's marocco, lybia, Tunisia, Egypt to the irak...
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:02 pm
bill4long wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:27 am
Critics of the Book of Mormon will never stop enquiring at the hands of leaders of the Church about where the Book of Mormon took place. We know absolutely that early leaders of the Church confirmed their belief of the final war leading up to the destruction of the Nephites occurred in New York State where the plates were eventually buried.

But where was Zarahemla? Where was Bountiful and the temple in which Jesus appeared? Where is the narrow neck of land leading into the land northward into Desolation and finally the hill Cumorah?

The Book of Mormon is FICTION. The geography of the Book of Mormon is based on a fictional story that was produced out of the mind of Joseph Smith.

I know this to be so, absolutely. And, I so testify.

Shulem
You are absolutely right.