Snippet from MD&D circa 2013

The upper-crust forum for scholarly, polite, and respectful discussions only. Heavily moderated. Rated G.
Moksha
God

Snippet from MD&D circa 2013

Post by Moksha »

I cut and pasted this snippet for the Mormon D&D, apologetic board, in 2013. I wrote down Reformed Egyptian book. Were they talking about the Book of Abraham?
maklelan His methodology is to conjure up things in his head that have no relationship to reality, and then write them down as if they did. It's hokum

Storm Rider As a matter of course I also tend to discount these kinds of claims regardless of their topic.

mormonnewb Given the exacting nature of the work involved and the extraordinary claims made, it is hard for me to give it any credence given that it may not have been vetted in any manner prior to publication.

There is so little information available regarding this and what is is very sketchy.

The Nehor I'm not sure it is a fake. I am hovering around 99.9999873% sure. There is no one more self-assured of their own understanding then a total idiot.

Palerider I'm saying it's bogus until somebody proves me wrong.

calmoriah There is no statement on where he got his doctorate from even though he rated "with honours" is mentioned, another red flag.

Robert F. Smith Meantime, how about some curriculum vitae details about Deleanu?

thesometimesaint I'm willing to withhold judgment until it is corroborated by more sources. But am skeptical.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Re: Snippet from MD&D circa 2013

Post by Bret Ripley »

Moksha wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:56 pm
I cut and pasted this snippet for the Mormon D&D, apologetic board, in 2013. I wrote down Reformed Egyptian book. Were they talking about the Book of Abraham?
Possibly related: https://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/62 ... -egyptian/
Moksha
God

Re: Snippet from MD&D circa 2013

Post by Moksha »

So it appears they were talking about some book other than the Book of Abraham. Funny how those descriptions sort of applies to both works.

I know Dan Maklelan is a fine scholar, but I doubt he would be candid enough to throw doubt on the Book of Abraham. Anyway, I would like to see Dan on either Mormon Stories or the Bill Reel and RFM podcast. Nehor is a funny and honest guy, him too. I doubt Calm would even consider listening to those podcasts.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace